Chicken with tomato and Balsamic

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I copied this recipe from somewhere onto my computer. Of course now I can't remember where I got it (I did look here to see if I could find it and thank the poster, but no such luck.) So if this recipe is yours thanks! It is yummy. My younger, picky daughter took 1 bite and told me "Mommy, you have to make this again." I asked her if we could finish eating it this time first. ;)

Chicken with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar

In a small bowl, mix 1 can of petite diced tomatoes - do not drain --(or regular diced is fine)
add some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, minced garlic but garlic powder is fine. (I used regular canned diced tomatoes) I mixed it in a glass bowl and added enough balsamic so the mix was brown.

4 Boneless chicken breasts - place in a 13x9 baking dish, (I cut the breasts into strips so they would cook well. My daughters get strange about chicken being cooked enough and this way I knew it was plenty cooked.) Then you pour tomato mixture over the chicken and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until done. The last 5 minutes of cooking time, added shredded moz cheese on top of the chicken pieces.

I served this over pasta. There is plenty of liquid to make a nice sauce. I've made this twice now and the family really likes it.

WOW! I have to try this - we love Balsamic :thumbsup2 DS(14) doesn't like pasta, but he could have his with a jacket potato I suppose.

I copied this recipe from somewhere onto my computer. Of course now I can't remember where I got it (I did look here to see if I could find it and thank the poster, but no such luck.) So if this recipe is yours thanks! It is yummy. My younger, picky daughter took 1 bite and told me "Mommy, you have to make this again." I asked her if we could finish eating it this time first. ;)

Chicken with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar

In a small bowl, mix 1 can of petite diced tomatoes - do not drain --(or regular diced is fine)
add some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, minced garlic but garlic powder is fine. (I used regular canned diced tomatoes) I mixed it in a glass bowl and added enough balsamic so the mix was brown.

4 Boneless chicken breasts - place in a 13x9 baking dish, (I cut the breasts into strips so they would cook well. My daughters get strange about chicken being cooked enough and this way I knew it was plenty cooked.) Then you pour tomato mixture over the chicken and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until done. The last 5 minutes of cooking time, added shredded moz cheese on top of the chicken pieces.

I served this over pasta. There is plenty of liquid to make a nice sauce. I've made this twice now and the family really likes it.

OMG, that is my recipe! I created it a few years ago while low carbing except for the pasta. I have lots of people from the Dis who thank me all the time for posting it. This recipe is becoming famous...LOL.

It is YUMMY and quick. I'm so glad everyone enjoys it.

It sounds amazing! :teeth: I'd love to have it, but DD won't eat tomatoes - except in spaghetti sauce & ketchup. :rolleyes: She absolutely loves balsamic though. Maybe if I started with tomato sauce or paste....hmmm... :scratchin

It sounds amazing! :teeth: I'd love to have it, but DD won't eat tomatoes - except in spaghetti sauce & ketchup. :rolleyes: She absolutely loves balsamic though. Maybe if I started with tomato sauce or paste....hmmm... :scratchin

My oldest is the same way with tomatoes, he just picks out the tomatoes and eats everything else.

Southern4sure -- I'm glad to find the person responsible for the recipe. I've made it twice now and the family loves it.
:worship:

Southern4sure -- I'm glad to find the person responsible for the recipe. I've made it twice now and the family loves it.
:worship:

Thank you! It was during my "I want something hot to eat" moments where the idea came from. I was so tired of eating salads, I made it up as I was grabbing the ingredients out of the pantry.

The small or large can of diced tomatoes?

Recipe sounds yummy and even better, easy. ;) Can't wait to try it after work some day!

Thanks for sharing.

The small or large can of diced tomatoes?

Recipe sounds yummy and even better, easy. ;) Can't wait to try it after work some day!

Thanks for sharing.

I just use the standard 15 oz can for 4 boneless chicken breast.

A glug of oil and more balsamic vin. I don't think you have to worry about being exact with the measurements.

DS(8) is going to cook this for his Cubs home help badge:thumbsup2

This recipe is fanstatic. I made it last night for dinner with Angel Hair pasta and it was amazing.

Sounds delish! TFS! This is my first time on the cooking boards (why haven't I ventured here before???) and I am thrilled :)

DS(8) was able to cook this with minimal help (putting the heavy dish ain and out of the hot oven, and serving - I don't want to clean the WHOLE kitchen:rotfl2: ) and it was yummy. Now DS(14) has decided he DOES like pasta after all so its a nice easy family dish for the repertoire :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!

DS(8) was able to cook this with minimal help (putting the heavy dish ain and out of the hot oven, and serving - I don't want to clean the WHOLE kitchen:rotfl2: ) and it was yummy. Now DS(14) has decided he DOES like pasta after all so its a nice easy family dish for the repertoire :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!

Glad you all enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter