Chicken with tomato and Balsamic

I made this for dinner tonight and it was so good, so I guess I used the right amounts of olive oli and the balsamic vin. I have never used balsamic for anything so now that I bought a bottle what else can it be used for?

I used it quite a bit! Do you ever buy hoagie lunch meats? salami, provolone, pepperoni, etc? We put it on the roll (you can still use the oil if you want, but we skip it) and you wouldn't believe what a difference it makes in the taste! YUM! Or I skip the roll & make an antipasta salad, which is just the inside of the hoagie/sub/zep cut up with lettuce, tomato, canned mushrooms, black olives & sweet peppers. I just pour it on the salad and skip the oil again, but most people wouldn't like that.

Actually I use it for other salads without the meats too. Earlier this week I used it in my egg salad & really liked it. I'll have to check my recipes & see what else I use it for.

OK - I ran a search on my recipe file. This is what came up for things other than balsamic viniagrette. I hope this helps.

Recipes that call for balsamic vinegar:
- Balsamic Smothered Mushrooms, from the Contemporary
- Bruschetta
- Balsamic Peppered Chicken
- Triple Citrus Chicken (a marinade)
- Pasta Salad
- Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins
- Sautéed Pork Chops with Balsamic Apples
- Dr Jimbob’s Recipe for Catfish à la Mom (I haven’t tried this, just collected it.)
- Grilled Shrimp à la Piratesmate ;)
- Corn & Black Bean Salad (to serve with tacos, tortilla soup, etc)
- Italian Potato Salad (posted by someone here)
- Ethiopian Bread Salad from Boma at AKL
- Marinated Tomatoes from Hollywood & Vine at MGM
- Salmon with Honey Balsamic Glaze from Food & Wine Festival 2001

Uses for balsamic vinegar:

- as a substitute for vermouth in recipes if you want a sweet taste
- as a substitute for sherry vinegar or “Chinese” vinegar in recipes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter