Christmas 2021 Discounts

Do you all think a discount will come out? With the rooms selling out I’m starting to think they won’t have discounts over xmas

Yes I don’t know- we have such a great deal for Hilton bonnet creek - I need to figure out ASAP because of park reservations

I wouldn’t give up hope for December discounts just yet. They’ve got discounts for the summer and they’re clearly not desperate for guests.
I agree. I can't remember a time in the last 20+ years when there hasn't been some kind of a discount.

I agree. I can't remember a time in the last 20+ years when there hasn't been some kind of a discount.

These are new and uncharted times. I don't think we can base anything happening this year off of past years. It's just too different. That being said, I certainly hope you are correct!!!

These are new and uncharted times. I don't think we can base anything happening this year off of past years. It's just too different. That being said, I certainly hope you are correct!!!
Well, I can't argue with that. These are definitely unprecedented times--and things change almost daily.

Following. We cancelled our upcoming October trip and moved it to December. Luckily, I was still able to get GF under the military discount, but interested to see what other offers come out for that time frame.

Booked Late November into December. Hardly any availability for the two resorts we wanted. We did manage to get rooms after checking everyday.
Do you think with Christmas time booking up they will still offer discounts? If so what’s your guess on when?

Booked Late November into December. Hardly any availability for the two resorts we wanted. We did manage to get rooms after checking everyday.
Do you think with Christmas time booking up they will still offer discounts? If so what’s your guess on when?
The resorts seem to be filling for Fall and Winter and they haven't announced any Fall discounts yet. I'm not sure that we'll see any discounts because there isn't a need for one.

Still hoping for discounts 🙄. Prices are so high! Not much available! Do you think people may cancel if a discount doesn’t come out?

Still hoping for discounts 🙄. Prices are so high! Not much available! Do you think people may cancel if a discount doesn’t come out?
Well, we will. We currently have a reservation at AKL in a savanna-view room and it's a mere 60% more expensive than it was 2 years ago. Even with a 30% discount, it'd still be $100 more/night than it was, and it was already extremely expensive. We're talking about a former price of $475/night and a current price of $815/night. I couldn't make this up. My sister reserved the room only so it'd be there when the discounts came out in July. Ha ha ha. No discounts yet.

But . . . covid. Even with discounts, if things in FL continue as they currently are, we won't be going anyway.

Well, we will. We currently have a reservation at AKL in a savanna-view room and it's a mere 60% more expensive than it was 2 years ago. Even with a 30% discount, it'd still be $100 more/night than it was, and it was already extremely expensive. We're talking about a former price of $475/night and a current price of $815/night. I couldn't make this up. My sister reserved the room only so it'd be there when the discounts came out in July. Ha ha ha. No discounts yet.

But . . . covid. Even with discounts, if things in FL continue as they currently are, we won't be going anyway.
Yes prices are ridiculously high! I booked ours a long time ago hoping for a discount. Wow your price for AKL has almost doubled 🙄

Same....We have a reservation at the Contemporary and expected the deals to have dropped by now. We aren't looking to pay the rack-rate for the rooms and would "step down" to one of the other deluxe resorts available. I am wondering if they will post discounts for the new AP holders and see where capacity is at that time. Can't remember a time where Disney wasn't offering some type of discount or perk for reservations, but Cheapek has seemingly tasked himself to do more damage to the Disney than covid.

Same....We have a reservation at the Contemporary and expected the deals to have dropped by now. We aren't looking to pay the rack-rate for the rooms and would "step down" to one of the other deluxe resorts available. I am wondering if they will post discounts for the new AP holders and see where capacity is at that time. Can't remember a time where Disney wasn't offering some type of discount or perk for reservations, but Cheapek has seemingly tasked himself to do more damage to the Disney than covid.
Yes. I have never once gone to WDW without a discount of some sort, and I've been staying onsite since 1999.

But I'm not really sure what we're going to do although it won't include paying $815/night for a hotel room. If that were rent, it'd be $25,265/month! Uh, I think not.

Yes. I have never once gone to WDW without a discount of some sort, and I've been staying onsite since 1999.

But I'm not really sure what we're going to do although it won't include paying $815/night for a hotel room. If that were rent, it'd be $25,265/month! Uh, I think not.

Same for us, no way we are paying $900+ for the Beach Club in mid December. Last year we paid $450 and thought that was outrageous. I can't believe people are paying these rates.

I may just keep my Dolphin ressie. I can get POR for the same price but then I’m not walking distance to two parks. Decisions, decisions :scratchin:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter