Christmas 2021 Discounts

Visa cardholder discount, too, that should match the FL discount.
Oh yay, thank goodness at least it’s something!!! Can anyone tell what the Disney visa discount is for grand Floridian? I’m on west coast and have to get my kids to school before I can call 😬.

Oh yay, thank goodness at least it’s something!!! Can anyone tell what the Disney visa discount is for grand Floridian? I’m on west coast and have to get my kids to school before I can call 😬.
Not sure, but I think it mirrors the FL discount. I'm staying in CSR and it applied to that, at the same rate (15%) as the FL discount.

We had to switch resorts to get the discount, but we got it. We love WL, but will take AKL as a consolation prize with the savings.

On the Disney website, search “Disney Visa.” The offer will be about the fifth search result. Click on that and you can search availability, but I didn’t attempt to book so can’t vouch for that. Good luck!

Thank you! I have always booked Visa offers online but couldn’t remember how to get the offer to appear.

Beyond super disappointing. I was wholly anticipating being able to apply an AP discount to both of our upcoming trips when I booked them a few months back.

We are booked for 2 nights at the Poly in late October for $1732.50 with taxes + $539.97 for three Boo Bash tickets. On top of that, we have Wilderness Lodge booked for 6 nights starting December 11th for $4460.65! [insert head exploding emoji]

We have taken 12 trips to Disney World over the past two and a half years alone for a combined 26 nights at the Poly, the Grand (2), WL (2), BC, YC, AKL, CB (2), CS, and Pop… and we have NEVER, EVER, EVERRRR paid rack rate for a room. Literally, over 100+ trips going back over 26+ years to my first stay, as a 6 year old, at the Wilderness Lodge in December of 1994 and I have never stayed in a room that was paid for at rack rate. Ever.

This is honestly killing me. We are Silver passholders and typically visit during non-peak times (early Feb, May, late Aug/early Sept, October, and early Dec) and I can usually justify the $1k-$3k spent per trip based on the discounted cost vs. the rack rate or vs. the peak season rate and talk myself into feeling like I’m getting a relatively good deal. But this, this just feels like I’m getting… well, it just certainly does not feel good.

After maintaining our three annual passes throughout the pandemic and taking 6 trips post-reopening, all of which essentially felt like watered down experiences but still served help prop up a Parks, Experiences, and Products division that was hemorrhaging money, this feels like a huge slap in the face. AP holders and FL residents helped Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products, helped Disney as a whole, get through the last 18 months by being the only area that was still generating profits for the 10 months between July and April when Disneyland CA was shuttered and foreign parks were operating at a loss.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m far from naïve and I understanding that DIS is a for profit company with a duty to their shareholders and that WDW Resort bookings operate on a supply and demand system just like the rest of the economy. I’ve been going to WDW long enough to know that the Mouse is not shy about his appetite for what’s in your wallet but, man, this is stop so disappointing.

Edit: I really like what Mike said below about always being able to make more money, but not more time. After sleeping on it that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.. the memories I’m creating for myself, my wife, and especially my children, memories of walking into the lodge as a small child and looking up at a 60 foot tree next to an 82 foot fireplace and being in complete awe, memories that my parents were blessed enough to have been able to give me.. they’re worth it. The sticker shock is real, but ultimately worth it.

Last edited:
We had to switch resorts to get the discount, but we got it. We love WL, but will take AKL as a consolation prize with the savings.

I was standing on the same fence as you at the same time this morning.. Kilimanjaro Club Level room for around the same price with the 25% AP discount as the rack rate for the room
we have booked at WL 12/11-12/17 was super tempting (no longer available, watched it disappear from my cart)... but ultimately I can’t give up WL in December. I just can’t believe I’m going to pay rack rate for it.. I’ve literally spent this whole day since the dismal discounts dropped this morning trying to overcome the mental hurdle to feeling okay with it. I’ll probably end up dropping Saturday 12/11 and going down to 5 nights to save $821.25 and just deal with it. But, seriously, throwing up in my mouth and crying a little inside.

I have an original receipt from a 1995 December trip to WL around here somewhere.. I think the rate rate was around $120 at that time ($206 in 2021 dollars), before travel agent discount. SMH.

I was standing on the same fence as you at the same time this morning.. Kilimanjaro Club Level room for around the same price with the 25% AP discount as the rack rate for the room
we have booked at WL 12/11-12/17 was super tempting (no longer available, watched it disappear from my cart)... but ultimately I can’t give up WL in December. I just can’t believe I’m going to pay rack rate for it.. I’ve literally spent this whole day since the dismal discounts dropped this morning trying to overcome the mental hurdle to feeling okay with it. I’ll probably end up dropping Saturday 12/11 and going down to 5 nights to save $821.25 and just deal with it. But, seriously, throwing up in my mouth and crying a little inside.

I have an original receipt from a 1995 December trip to WL around here somewhere.. I think the rate rate was around $120 at that time ($206 in 2021 dollars), before travel agent discount. SMH.

Wilderness Lodge is amazing during the holidays. As for coming to terms with paying rack rate, think about it like this...you can always go make more money, but you can't make more time. Enjoy the memories at WL this season as those are ultimately priceless :)

Beyond super disappointing. I was wholly anticipating being able to apply an AP discount to both of our upcoming trips when I booked them a few months back.

We are booked for 2 nights at the Poly in late October for $1732.50 with taxes + $539.97 for three Boo Bash tickets. On top of that, we have Wilderness Lodge booked for 6 nights starting December 11th for $4460.65! [insert head exploding emoji]

We have taken 12 trips to Disney World over the past two and a half years alone for a combined 26 nights at the Poly, the Grand (2), WL (2), BC, YC, AKL, CB (2), CS, and Pop… and we have NEVER, EVER, EVERRRR paid rack rate for a room. Literally, over 100+ trips going back over 26+ years to my first stay, as a 6 year old, at the Wilderness Lodge in December of 1994 and I have never stayed in a room that was paid for at rack rate. Ever.

This is honestly killing me. We are Silver passholders and typically visit during non-peak times (early Feb, May, late Aug/early Sept, October, and early Dec) and I can usually justify the $1k-$3k spent per trip based on the discounted cost vs. the rack rate or vs. the peak season rate and talk myself into feeling like I’m getting a relatively good deal. But this, this just feels like I’m getting… well, it just certainly does not feel good.

After maintaining our three annual passes throughout the pandemic and taking 6 trips post-reopening, all of which essentially felt like watered down experiences but still served help prop up a Parks, Experiences, and Products division that was hemorrhaging money, this feels like a huge slap in the face. AP holders and FL residents helped Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products, helped Disney as a whole, get through the last 18 months by being the only area that was still generating profits for the 10 months between July and April when Disneyland CA was shuttered and foreign parks were operating at a loss.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m far from naïve and I understanding that DIS is a for profit company with a duty to their shareholders and that WDW Resort bookings operate on a supply and demand system just like the rest of the economy. I’ve been going to WDW long enough to know that the Mouse is not shy about his appetite for what’s in your wallet but, man, this is still so disappointing. I am asking myself how much longer we are going to be able to afford to make Disney our go to vacation destination?.. and at what point is the magic going to be completely sucked out of the experience?

Why would Disney discount rooms that are already almost fully booked at rack rate? That is the risk of booking early at rack rate. There are many posts about how booked up the resorts are for October thru the second week of December. There are no available rooms to discount for those times. I have been going to WDW & DL since 1993 & also never paid rack rate until this year. And yes, all deluxe resorts in March, April, June this week & the anniversary weekend. I was very thrilled to get a 50% discount from Priceline for this week. But some of those other dates have been at rack rate too. We are platinum APs from NY state. So I understand spending an awful lot at Disney.

There are frequent questions about booking early to get the room you want vs waiting for a discount. Most of the answers advise booking if you will stay in that room even without a discount & warn that the more rooms booked at rack rate, the less likely Disney will be to offer discounts. This year has been a perfect example of that.

Did the "peasants" ever receive a discount? We are going to be at POP Nov 27-Dec 4, 2022 and was hoping for a little bit of pixie dust in the form of 10% LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter