Christmas cookie recipes??

Just experiment with it and if they aren't right just scrape them up and throw them back in the bowl and try again. HTH

My problem is...I do just throw them back in the bowl but then I get so fed up I throw the batch in the trash instead and then have a drink!!!:rotfl2:

Holly Cookies

1 stick Margerine
40 regular Marshmallows (10 oz bag)
5 cups Corn Flakes
Green Food Coloring
Red Hots

Melt margerine, add marshmallows and green coloring (deep/bright green color is waht you are aiming for). Mix till melted. Stir in corn flakes. Use buttered spoon to scoop and drop onto waxed paper. Decorate with 3 red hots. Let dry.

These are super easy! They are kind of like rice krispe treats. We usually make them bite sized. These also add color to cookie trays.

My problem is...I do just throw them back in the bowl but then I get so fed up I throw the batch in the trash instead and then have a drink!!!:rotfl2:

Maybe the key is to drink first! :rolleyes1 We would probably have a whole lot of fun anyway...

One other thing I thought of that might help is make sure the cookies press is clean and free of cookie dough residue after you have one that sticks to the bottom.

Baserlackerlies Old German Recipie These are MY favorites!

2 cups Honey
4 cups Flour
4 cups chopped Nuts (pecans)
1 Lemon - grate rind & juice
2 cups Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 oz Citren (I don't like the flavor of this so I leave it out.) If you use it put it in the food processor with some sugar to chop it up and prevent it from clumping.
1/2 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 jigger Burbon

Warm honey (this is key to making it easier to mix), add sugar and nuts - mix well. Add rest - knead well. Roll thin on floured surface (this is not easy - the dough is very sticky). Put rolled out dough on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes - WATCH! Don't overbake - just colored, not brown. (Flour pan to prevent sticking.)

I find with the PC press that you sometimes have to ease them off with a knife. If you don't lift the press too far up you don't lose the shape. It can be a problem if you don't slide the plunger all the way down so the dough is slightly compressed before you start - I usually give an extra squeeze back into the bowl to make sure. I also found its best to put them onto a baking stone tather than parchment os a metal sheet, as its easier to scrape them off (if necessary) but they bake better and keep their shape. :thumbsup2

Christmas Cookies (makes a lot – number depends on size)
340g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
85g dark brown sugar
115 g butter
1 egg
4 tbsp (60 ml) clear honey
Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a non-stick saucepan over a gentle heat. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Sift together flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda, then stir in butter mixture (slightly cooled) and beaten egg until it forms a soft dough. Put the dough in a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
Pre-heat oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5 and grease 3 baking sheets. Roll out dough to about 5mm thick and cut into Christmassy shapes. If you want to hang them on the tree make a hole (not too near the edge) with the narrow end of a plain piping nozzle or a clean knitting needle. (If you do not plan to ice them you can press on glace cherries and blanched almonds for decoration.) Bake for 10-15 minutes until just firm – do not allow the edges to scorch. Allow to rest on the sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
Make some icing with 225g icing sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice and one egg white (or some cold water). Add colouring as required and either drizzle over biscuits or completely cover and add sprinkles when icing nearly set.

With all these tips, suggestions and RECIPES....I can't wait to start baking!!

Do you think its too early to start??? :rotfl2:

Unforunately, I have NO room in my freezer if I wanted to freeze them. I guess I will wait a while.

I always think its important to practice important recipes first - just to make sure they taste right:rolleyes1 :lmao:

Awesome thread! I'm so subbing and getting out my recipe box! I'll post later today some of my fav cookies!

Christmas Cookies (makes a lot – number depends on size)
340g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
85g dark brown sugar
115 g butter
1 egg
4 tbsp (60 ml) clear honey
Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a non-stick saucepan over a gentle heat. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Sift together flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda, then stir in butter mixture (slightly cooled) and beaten egg until it forms a soft dough. Put the dough in a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
Pre-heat oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5 and grease 3 baking sheets. Roll out dough to about 5mm thick and cut into Christmassy shapes. If you want to hang them on the tree make a hole (not too near the edge) with the narrow end of a plain piping nozzle or a clean knitting needle. (If you do not plan to ice them you can press on glace cherries and blanched almonds for decoration.) Bake for 10-15 minutes until just firm – do not allow the edges to scorch. Allow to rest on the sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
Make some icing with 225g icing sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice and one egg white (or some cold water). Add colouring as required and either drizzle over biscuits or completely cover and add sprinkles when icing nearly set.

I really want to make these, this recipe sounds great, but does anyone know how to help me with measurements for the flour, brown sugar and butter ? TIA

Well, you COULD buy some scales;) :rotfl2: Alternatively, 3 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup butter and 1/3 cup packed brown sugar should be about right. I got a great conversion table from bellaonline.org (its getting a bit battered now!) which I use a lot.

Well, you COULD buy some scales;) :rotfl2: Alternatively, 3 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup butter and 1/3 cup packed brown sugar should be about right. I got a great conversion table from bellaonline.org (its getting a bit battered now!) which I use a lot.

Thanks alot,:flower3: well I do have some weight watcher scales somewhere :rolleyes1 just hate to dig it out to measure to make cookies..hehe :laughing:

We are making cookies and a mess!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

DSC05951.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05952.jpg

Happy cookie making everyone! Got to get back to work! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Those are great!! I hope your cookie making was fun!!!
ENjoy your cookies!!

Another new one to add! :thumbsup2

Those Pretzel Thingys
50 small pretzel twists
50 pieces rollo candies
50 pieces whole pecans or walnuts

Place pretzel pieces on a baking sheet.
Top with one Rollo candy.
Place in a warm (250 degrees) oven to just let the Rollo candy melt on top of the pretzel to hold it in place.
Remove from oven and place a pecan piece on top.
Let cool and harden.

I have a bunch that we really like such as:

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies
Monster cookies
Snickerdoodles

= = = = = = = = = =
These are just terrific if you like citrus like we do!

Luscious Lemon Snaps

2½ c all-purpose flour
1½ c white sugar
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbl lemon zest
¾ c vegetable oil
½ c fresh lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets. Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt & lemon zest. Make a well in center & fill it with oil, lemon juice & vanilla. Stir until it forms a dough. Or: Put everything into the food processor & blend until dough forms.
Drop by teaspoonfuls ~ 2” apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be golden brown. For a softer cookie, bake for only 7 minutes. Cool on racks & store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen

= = = = = = = =
These are really good too, but sweeter than the snaps (obviously because of the chocolate) so I prefer the snaps.

Lemon Kiss Cookies

½ c Butter
¾ c Sugar
3 tbl Lemon juice
2¾ c Flour
1½ c Almonds, chopped
14 oz chocolate kisses
Powdered Sugar
1 tbl Shortening
½ c Chocolate chips

In large bowl beat butter, sugar & lemon juice until light & fluffy. Add flour & almonds; beat at slow speed until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape a tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss, cover completely. Roll in hand to form ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet & bake for 8-12 minutes or until set & the edges are lightly, golden brown. Cool for a minute then remove from cookie sheet, cool completely. Lightly dust cookies with powdered sugar.
In small pan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.

= = = = = = = =
These are a LOT of work, but really, really good!

Cry Baby Cookies

1 c brown sugar
½ c shortening
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbl boiling water
1 c molasses
1 Tbl ginger
1 Tbl cinnamon
1 c strong coffee
flour (sorry - it comes with no set amount...you just keep adding flour until you get a soft dough. But be forewarned...you may need a husband or teenager with muscles to mix in the final amounts. My mother ruined a mixer the first time she made these.)

Blend sugar & shortening. Dissolve baking soda in water & add to molasses, then combine with sugar/shortening. Add spices; mix well. Add boiling coffee. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. MIX BY HAND! Roll out ½” to ¾” thick. Cut in rounds. Bake in a quick oven 15 minutes. “Eat one & children cry for more; hence the name Cry Babies.” This recipe was handed down through someone’s family since George Washington’s time.

Having more fun making more cookies this weekend!
DSC09552.jpg

We did something a little different with our sugar cookies this year. Don't they look cute!
DSC09556.jpg

Kamden loves making cookies...
DSC09573.jpg

and eatting them!
DSC09564.jpg

Posted this one on another thread

Chocolate Mints

¾ cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
1½ cups brown sugar, packed
2½ cups flour
2 Tablespoons water
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ teaspoon salt
Green chocolate mint wafers (Andes)

Heat butter, sugar and water in heave saucepan over low heat until butter is melted. Add chocolate chips and cook, stirring constantly until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into large mixing bowl and let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly. With mixer at medium speed, beat in eggs one at a time. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, beating until just blended. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with foil. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place mint on each hot cookie. Let soften, then swirl mint over cookies to frost. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter