Christmas Day Resort/Park Question - WWYD?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Last time we were in Disney over the Christmas holiday we left mid-morning so didn't really pay much attention to how busy the resort was (and we didn't go near the park) Our flight back home this year is 9:00 p.m. on Christmas Day. Are we better off making a resort day out of it? Or try and go to either DHS or Epcot? (MK is not an option as we don't want to worry about transportation back to resort for DME pick up.)

I know I have plenty time to plan it, but trying to mentally prepare myself for just how busy the parks/resort is going to be.

The last few times we have been at Christmas we too gave the parks a miss. Last year my daughter only joined us over Christmas week and I had FP for Pandora FOP on Christmas Day so we decided to go. We got there about 10 and it wasn't too bad getting in. It was busy in the park, but we had a good day, ate at TH, which was very nice and didn't leave until closing, when we walked on a few rides. All in all a lot better day than we were expecting.

Last time we were in Disney over the Christmas holiday we left mid-morning so didn't really pay much attention to how busy the resort was (and we didn't go near the park) Our flight back home this year is 9:00 p.m. on Christmas Day. Are we better off making a resort day out of it? Or try and go to either DHS or Epcot? (MK is not an option as we don't want to worry about transportation back to resort for DME pick up.)

I know I have plenty time to plan it, but trying to mentally prepare myself for just how busy the parks/resort is going to be.

It looks like you are staying at BC, is that correct? If so, I would definitely consider doing a mix of EP and a resort day (swimming if it's not too cold, maybe some Fantasia mini-golf? touring the EP resorts, a nice meal somewhere, etc.) We went to EP on Christmas day a few years ago (actually arrived early afternoon on Christmas) and it really wasn't bad at all (NOTHING like MK!). The EP resort area was also not really crowded at all.

It looks like you are staying at BC, is that correct? If so, I would definitely consider doing a mix of EP and a resort day (swimming if it's not too cold, maybe some Fantasia mini-golf? touring the EP resorts, a nice meal somewhere, etc.) We went to EP on Christmas day a few years ago (actually arrived early afternoon on Christmas) and it really wasn't bad at all (NOTHING like MK!). The EP resort area was also not really crowded at all.

Yes we're staying BC CL. :) Epcot sounds great. I'm hopeful many will want to go to MK, but being SWGE is just opening end of August, wondering if the Christmas crowd will head to DHS and DHS should just be avoided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter