• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citricos, Narcoosee's or Cal. Grill???

Glory Days

Mouseketeer
We'll only be at WDW 2 days while we visit family and are looking for a great dinner. First time ever that we're without any kids and looking for great atmosphere above all else. From the newly engaged Chris's post I'm curious about Citricos, & Narcoosee's before I book the Calif. Grille, which I've eaten at and loved with my daughter & her friend in the past. Not looking for an overly dressed place since we'll be coming in from the park, but a nice place for a nice dinner and some good wine.
Any opinions??:earsgirl:

is it gonna be you, meg, and the rest of the clan, or just you and the coach?
Don't forget to take a look at the menus on Deb's site .
You know how I feel about the cali grille, but I wouldsay 2nd choice is Citricos. Which is where rose and I will be treating everyone to dinner after our ceremony.

~ Chris

Been to all 3! They are all fantastic!

Narcoossee's is our favorite. Lots of seafood.

Citrico's is more of a spanish/mediterranen flare. It's great but I have recommended it and people who are not into trying new items get nervous when spending that kind of money.

CG is a must each year especially viewing the MK fireworks.

If you've tried the California Grill, stick with Narcoosee's or Citricos. I love both, although Citricos has the more creative menu and wine list. Narcoosee's specializes in seafood. I have recently enjoyed two excellent dinners at Citricos; their braised lamb, NY strip steak, and quail are superb. Even better is the service, which is the most attentive I've encountered at a Disney restaurant. You get what you pay for.

Narcoosee's has a terrific cream of squash soup. I'd rate it one notch below Citricos. One drawback - it's not the kitchen's fault obviously - is the hardwood floor, which creats a heck of a din when it's crowded.

We have enjoyed all three over the last couple of trips, but had our best meal ever at WDW a week ago at Citricos.

Love Citicao's, never tried Narcoosee's (but are planning to this trip), and hate the California Grill.

Originally posted by ILUVDXL
Love Citicao's, never tried Narcoosee's (but are planning to this trip), and hate the California Grill.

Just curious, what is it you don't like about California Grill? I've never been and am considering going so I'd love the cons.

Thanks!

CG is probably our least favorite out of all 3.

Reason, it is noisey .... everything echoes. Also, you can get a CM that thinks he/she is better than you ... attitude. This is rare but we have had this feed back from friends we recommended to dine at the CG.

We had this experience once w/ the CM at check (we only requested a table by the window to view the MK fireworks -- and were happy to wait) and my DH put him in his place.... by simply stating "we all have bad days, but you do not have to pass it on to your customers". The CM immediately apologized for his demeanor..

we have tried all 3, and Narcoossee's is our favorite. CG is least favorite of these for similar reasons as stated by catheren, as well as uneven quality of food. I liked Citrico's a lot, but DH wasn't crazy about the menu choices. If you're willling to venture away from the monorail - we love Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for a grown-up meal. The setting is lovely, the food really good and oriented to its Pacific Northwest theme, and the wine list is spectacular. My b-i-l, a Manhattan investment banker wine snob, raved about the wines and the knowledgeable CM's there.

Seems like these are the top 3 choices in WDW, and now I get to consider Artist Point too. Did check out Deb's menus (thanks for that tip!) and being it's Good Friday looked at the fish selection and they all have the samon I'll be wanting. Trying to figure out which one would have the best atmosphere for a relaxing dinner. Might be whichever one I can get a good time for.
Would like to see Citrico's just to imagine Chris & Rose's wedding. And Chris, it's just the Coach and I going over to Disney after a trip to our parents, although now he is retired from coaching. But after all, he coached at the Disney World of Sports, so how could that ever be topped!:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter