Clip-on "Magic bands".

I just put my magicband through my belt loop and forget about it. Only time I have to take it off it usually front gate. A magictag attached to a carabiner or some other clip that would give it a better range of motion would be nice. I looked at those bow and glove clip ons but they seemed too bulky for my taste.

Do you mean something with an Alligator clip? Like the clips used for ID tags and such? I've lost so many of those things because they've fallen off or been dislodged by a bag strap or seat belt shoulder strap. That doesn't seem secure enough for me. But it seems like every option has its own set of problems. Even with the old card system we had problems with lanyards.

I'm sure as time passes they'll come up with several options for the RFID system.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I saw "clip on" and thought "well, I'll lose that in about 30 seconds."

They sale 2 key chains that are specifically designed to put your magicband on. One is a Mickey hand and the other a Minnie Bow. They use to retail for 14.95. Not sure what they are going for now.

magicbandkeeper.jpg

These are really cute!

They sell a watch accessory for your magicband.
The watch accessory is very poorly designed in my opinion. It is supposed to cover the mickey head on the magic band which makes no sense as you need the head exposed to touch to the tag readers. It wouldn't work thru the watch.
I would like to see an option similar to the fitbit clip on. Im sure disney will have more options in the future. For a price of course!

The watch accessory is very poorly designed in my opinion. It is supposed to cover the mickey head on the magic band which makes no sense as you need the head exposed to touch to the tag readers. It wouldn't work thru the watch.
I would like to see an option similar to the fitbit clip on. Im sure disney will have more options in the future. For a price of course!
You don't need to physically touch the Mickey to the reader the RFID chip will still be read with the watch accessory. I do agree it could be designed better tho.

but the last time I had a card before bands I had put it in a shirt pocket. On ToT, I was startled to see my card float up into the air in front of my eyes! I managed to snatch it out of the air.
This made me laugh out load!

I just put my magicband through my belt loop and forget about it. Only time I have to take it off it usually front gate. A magictag attached to a carabiner or some other clip that would give it a better range of motion would be nice. I looked at those bow and glove clip ons but they seemed too bulky for my taste.

I've not used the magicband yet - but, thought it was just a slip on rubber bracelet. Is that not right? Does it "un-hook" so that you CAN put it through a belt loop or something?

I've not used the magicband yet - but, thought it was just a slip on rubber bracelet. Is that not right? Does it "un-hook" so that you CAN put it through a belt loop or something?

Magic bands are much more like a watch band, they have different size holes on the wrist that snap into prongs to close it, no metal parts exposed all rubber, but they do come together much like a watch

You don't need to physically touch the Mickey to the reader the RFID chip will still be read with the watch accessory. I do agree it could be designed better tho.
I couldn't get it to work thru the watch. I loved the concept, hated the actual design.

I use one of my daughter's little rubber hair bands. They even come in different colors to match them to your magic band.

I would be happy if they would make them a little bigger. Can barely get it on my wrist. Always worried it will fall off.

My son lost his band on our last trip. He was so sad that he got stuck with a grey one for the remainder of our trip, and didn't get to bring home his red one.

they should have one that goes around your neck

They will not do that because that can pose a chance of becoming a choke hazard. If they supplied it and that happens then they run the risk of getting sued for it.

Its one of the reasons why pin collector sashes are Velcro and not a complete sewn loop; so they can break away encase they get snagged by something

Last edited:
if you want a keychain just use scissors, cut off the rubber band part of it and leave one hole still on there and put a key ring through it...done

if you want a keychain just use scissors, cut off the rubber band part of it and leave one hole still on there and put a key ring through it...done

I actually tried that, trying to decide if I like it or not because there is a slight bend and it sits in the pocket funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter