Closing docs received:
Buyer’s closing docs returned:
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

Quick question: Since I have to pay the 2019 dues on this contract can I pay them with gift cards or is it cash only through the actual sale of the contract?

Quick question: Since I have to pay the 2019 dues on this contract can I pay them with gift cards or is it cash only through the actual sale of the contract?

I can't imagine you could use gift cards. The 2019 MF have already been paid by the seller; they were due in January regardless of use year, I believe. Thus, your payment of the 2019 MF's are to reimburse the seller since you will get the use of them. And since you are paying the seller, any Disney Gift cards would not be applicable.

I can't imagine you could use gift cards. The 2019 MF have already been paid by the seller; they were due in January regardless of use year, I believe. Thus, your payment of the 2019 MF's are to reimburse the seller since you will get the use of them. And since you are paying the seller, any Disney Gift cards would not be applicable.

Makes sense, I wasn't sure how that worked. I thought there was a way to pay monthly but now I realize then it would make no sense for the total dues to be paid at closing.

Makes sense, I wasn't sure how that worked. I thought there was a way to pay monthly but now I realize then it would make no sense for the total dues to be paid at closing.

You can set up to pay future dues monthly when you get access to the member site. But these are already paid and you are reimbursing the sellers as described above for the 2019 points.

And someone else can verify, but that is how I understand it. I'm not a member yet so I don't have first-hand experience. (My first purchase is still pending closing but should be soon since we got the closing documents!)

3rd Update:

Home: VGC
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/24/19
Offer accepted: 1/24/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/25/19
Passed ROFR: 2/28/19
Closing docs received: 3/8/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/12/19
Closing: 3/15/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/15/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/25/19 (May have been earlier but didn't check since Friday)
Points in my account: ???
Final Update:

Home: VGC
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/24/19
Offer accepted: 1/24/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/25/19
Passed ROFR: 2/28/19
Closing docs received: 3/8/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/12/19
Closing: 3/15/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/15/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/25/19 (May have been earlier but didn't check since Friday)
Points in my account: 3/29/19

Apparently they told me when I called in loading points is even taking longer than expected (along with transferring the contract to your name) because of the large influx at the beginning of the year.

You can set up to pay future dues monthly when you get access to the member site. But these are already paid and you are reimbursing the sellers as described above for the 2019 points.

Seems silly not to pay them monthly since there's no financing charge.

Another question: Once the title change has occurred and it's sent to Disney do they send me an email with my account info or do I do that myself?

The tradeoff in monthly vs lump sum is that lump sum you can use gift cards (bought at an easy 5-8% discount) or Disney visa (2% rewards back). For monthly, you have to pay via checking/savings.

Oh that's lame that you can only use gift cards in the lump sum. Oh well, I'm not losing out on my at minimum 6% discount. I have my fingers crossed wholesale clubs are Chase's 3rd or 4th quarter bonus.

The tradeoff in monthly vs lump sum is that lump sum you can use gift cards (bought at an easy 5-8% discount) or Disney visa (2% rewards back). For monthly, you have to pay via checking/savings.
Actually there is a work around to that, many on DIS informed me about it. If you sign up monthly you can pay "in advance" your dues with a GC just one day prior to the due date. That will then push back your due date on the monthly payment program by a month (assuming you pre-pay only one month) or if you pay more by the number of months or fractions of months you pay.

Seems silly not to pay them monthly since there's no financing charge.

Another question: Once the title change has occurred and it's sent to Disney do they send me an email with my account info or do I do that myself?
No email, you will get snail mail and can then call to activate your on line account. Or you can try calling member services option 2 - member administration (have your contract number handy) around 10 days after you close to get your account set up. Note calling before you get that letter does not always work, depends on which CM you get it seems.

Actually there is a work around to that, many on DIS informed me about it. If you sign up monthly you can pay "in advance" your dues with a GC just one day prior to the due date. That will then push back your due date on the monthly payment program by a month (assuming you pre-pay only one month) or if you pay more by the number of months or fractions of months you pay.

Interesting. It's probably moot for me since I'll most likely buy the bulk of the gift cards whenever I can get the biggest discount. Thanks for all the info everyone.

No email, you will get snail mail and can then call to activate your on line account. Or you can try calling member services option 2 - member administration (have your contract number handy) around 10 days after you close to get your account set up. Note calling before you get that letter does not always work, depends on which CM you get it seems.

:wave: @sndral Wondering if you can answer a question for me please.
We got a Welcome Home email today from Disney Vacation Club, it has our one time activation code but no Club ID.
Email says that our ID will come with our closing documents. Does Disney send the closing docs or the title company?

We got a Welcome Home email today from Disney Vacation Club, it has our one time activation code but no Club ID.
Email says that our ID will come with our closing documents. Does Disney send the closing docs or the title company?

We got an activation code via e-mail too. I called member admin and they were able to give me the club id and membership #, now just waiting for my points to load.

I got the email on Wednesday first thing, and I had previously tried calling on Tuesday afternoon, so they got us set up right before sending the email.

You should be good to call and get your info.

We got an activation code via e-mail too. I called member admin and they were able to give me the club id and membership #, now just waiting for my points to load.

I got the email on Wednesday first thing, and I had previously tried calling on Tuesday afternoon, so they got us set up right before sending the email.

You should be good to call and get your info.

Thank you very much @kenyoncad I'll give them a call :thumbsup2 :)

I was adding on, so did not need an activacation code as I already had a DVC member account - it sounds like DVC is changing w/ the times from when I bought my first contract, glad some one knew the answer you needed :)

Home: BRV
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/3/19
Offer accepted: 3/4/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received:3/25/19
Closing docs returned: 3/28/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: ?
Deed recorded on OC site: ?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/28/19
Offer accepted: 3/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/19
Passed ROFR: TBD
Closing docs received: TBD
Closing docs returned: TBD
Funds sent: TBD
Seller returned closing docs: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded on OC site: TBD
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

3rd Update:
Home: SSR
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/01/19
Offer accepted: 2/01/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/07/19
Passed ROFR: 3/01/19
Closing docs received: 3/15/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/15/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/20/19
Closing: 3/25/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/1/19
Contract Visible on member site: ???
Points in my account: ???

This has been a struggle but I'm getting there!

In 10 days I should be able to call DVC and get my information as I understand it. Can anyone tell me what information I will likely need to provide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter