Closing Time!

Question for you all of I may…What’s the email address you get the first DVC communication from?

I’m sure like most folks, my inbox gets blown up, and I want to make sure I don’t miss the email in the sea of all the other emails.

Thanks!!
It comes from Disney Vacation Club, and the email address is donotreply@disneyvacationclub.com

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 03/24
Offer accepted: 3/25
Sent to ROFR: 3/26
Passed ROFR: 4/04 (9 days)
Estoppel Issued: 4/04
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:
I reached out to DVCRM concierge to ask about closing docs and whether the 30 days was firm. They advised they're looking at 21 days from ROFR passing. So I should hopefully have those docs in a couple of weeks.

Update:
Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: http://www.firstam.com
Offer made: 3/21/23
Offer accepted: 3/21/ 23
Sent to ROFR: 3/28/23
Accepted through Disney: ROFR 4/5/23
Closing docs received: 4/11/23
Closing docs returned: 4/11/23
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

*Of no direct intent we have a second resale contract in the works. Our first was an Aulani and then this one. (We would have eventually looked for another contract. Weeks apart, was not the plan. lol)
I joked with my DH that we would have to jump through hoops with the Aulani and would probably close on the OKW first. At this point it looks like we may close on them pretty close together providing the sellers return their docs in a timely fashion.

Last edited:
I think closing on Aulani just takes longer because it takes longer to close in Hawaii for whatever reason 🤷‍♀️. I’ve noticed California (VGC) takes longer as well, but Hawaii seems to take the longest.
It might be because of the time difference. When it's 9am in Hawaii, it's 3pm in Florida. So the business hours overlap for only 2 hours.

I think closing on Aulani just takes longer because it takes longer to close in Hawaii for whatever reason 🤷‍♀️. I’ve noticed California (VGC) takes longer as well, but Hawaii seems to take the longest.
It shouldn’t take THAT long. But it definitely takes longer. I think part of it taking longer is because Hawai'i requires the buyer to notarize the contract as well. My resale Aulani from offer made to points in the account took a little bit over 2 months. His taking 3 months to close makes me think the owner has a reservation and as a result has to do a delayed closing or they're just accommodating for First American being slow :P

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: link not provided
Title Company: link not provided.
Offer made: 3/13
Offer accepted: 3/14
Sent to ROFR: 3/21
Passed ROFR: 3/28
Closing docs received: 3/30
Closing docs returned: 3/31
Closing docs returned (seller): 4/13
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

My husband has a work trip in June and i am really hoping i can get lucky and something will be available by the time my points come in. Anyone have any other options just in case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Resort: RIV
Broker:https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: link not provided via
Offer made: 3/12/23
Offer accepted: 3/12/ 23
Sent to ROFR: 3/15/23
Accepted through Disney: ROFR 3/29/23
Closing docs received: 3/30/23
Closing docs returned: 3/31/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 4/7/23
Closing: 4/11/23
Deed recorded: 4/13/23
Points in account:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just posting every few pages..links to both broker and title company are required.

if you don’t have them and don’t want to look up, just leave blank..

If you type names, those names will be removed.

Be aware that if you use a name for a business that would be filtered, the post is the. deleted and a warning/infraction points issued.

So please post links or leave blank so your hard work doesn’t go to waste!

Just posting every few pages..links to both broker and title company are required.

if you don’t have them and don’t want to look up, just leave blank..

If you type names, those names will be removed.

Be aware that if you use a name for a business that would be filtered, the post is the. deleted and a warning/infraction points issued.

So please post links or leave blank so your hard work doesn’t go to waste!
Sorry I noticed some links were just asterisks so I wasn't sure if all links defaulted to that.

Sorry I noticed some links were just asterisks so I wasn't sure if all links defaulted to that.

**** happens when a link is in our boards filter. It indicates it’s a site that can not be discussed here on the DIS.

So, when someone posts a link, the filter does its job. Many sites are not filtered and the link will show. That is why the board rules ask all links be posted.

So always post the link..in this thread, if people don’t want to take the time to look up the links, then leave blank.

In other threads. Same rules..post the link and if it is a business/site you see ***then it’s best to just not say anything more about it!

Home Resort: RIV
Broker:https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: link not provided via
Offer made: 3/12/23
Offer accepted: 3/12/ 23
Sent to ROFR: 3/15/23
Accepted through Disney: ROFR 3/29/23
Closing docs received: 3/30/23
Closing docs returned: 3/31/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 4/7/23
Closing: 4/11/23
Deed recorded: 4/13/23
Points in account:
These 1 day turnarounds for closing docs is amazing!

Indeed! There was a lot of incentive on both ends to get things done quickly. I think the sellers were putting in a pool and needed the funds asap.
The sellers have seemed to respond quickly and submitted initial contract as soon as it was received. It's the darn title company that seems to be taking their time getting the closing docs sent out! I am on 14 days since ROFR and checking my email constantly. 😵‍💫

Indeed! There was a lot of incentive on both ends to get things done quickly. I think the sellers were putting in a pool and needed the funds asap.
They’ll have something new to SINK their money into 😝
Good for you; I’m often surprised when sellers delay the closing process ….

I reached out to DVCRM concierge to ask about closing docs and whether the 30 days was firm. They advised they're looking at 21 days from ROFR passing. So I should hopefully have those docs in a couple of weeks.
We passed the same day, same title company and was told today that we wouldn't close till May 26th....I hope that was a typo because I was hoping and praying for a miracle for summer use :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter