Closing Time!

Ok thanks for the info! So in a similar situation I just bought direct at RIV but felt uncomfortable asking the guide to help with the resale purchase. I wasn't sure if he would be put off by it. Maybe I'll shoot him an email. My direct contract isn't even technically closed yet so maybe he would be able to help. I guess the worst he can say is no right.
OK so my Rep is awesome and got them to load my membership for me today! I tried to chat to have points loaded but got the run around on wait time. I will try again tomorrow as most of these posts suggest to wait a day. SO CLOSE>>>

OK so my Rep is awesome and got them to load my membership for me today! I tried to chat to have points loaded but got the run around on wait time. I will try again tomorrow as most of these posts suggest to wait a day. SO CLOSE>>>
It usually takes 24 hours before they can load the points as that part is done by MS rather than MA who loads the membership.

To add for others:

Member Administration (MA) is the division of DVD/DVC that handles the purchase of contracts and transfers of ownership.

Member Services is part of DVCMC and is the division that handles all the aspects of using your membership once you are an owner!

Member Accounting is the division of DVC that deals with all the financial aspects of your contract, such as dues, etc.

It's all about getting the right CM when you call and I tried one last time and got Amber who was very helpful! What a journey and mine was fast. Best of luck to all of you!

Home Resort: Beach Club
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 1/28/2022
Offer accepted: 1/28/2022
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/2022
Passed ROFR: 2/23/2022
Closing docs received: 2/23/2022
Closing docs returned: 2/24/2022
Closing: 3/4/2022
Deed recorded: 3/5/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/16/2022
Points in account: 3/17/2022 (Called MS)

Days Total: 48

It's all about getting the right CM when you call and I tried one last time and got Amber who was very helpful! What a journey and mine was fast. Best of luck to all of you!

Home Resort: Beach Club
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 1/28/2022
Offer accepted: 1/28/2022
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/2022
Passed ROFR: 2/23/2022
Closing docs received: 2/23/2022
Closing docs returned: 2/24/2022
Closing: 3/4/2022
Deed recorded: 3/5/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/16/2022
Points in account: 3/17/2022 (Called MS)

Days Total: 48
Thanks for your updates! I am a brand new member and I’m using your timeline as a guide. I know my experience could be very different but I want to make sure we are aware of any hold ups

After closing, how did you all find out your deed had been recorded? I got the email today that I have closed and its being sent over for recording

Yes, state of Hawaii requires a notary from the buyer.
Thanks, I'm getting mixed messages from broker, title agent, and the inter-webs. Have you recently purchased a resale Aulani contract, paid cash, and had to get docs notarized? Trying to be prepared as I've seen it can take a bit to secure a notary appointment if needed.

Have you recently purchased a resale Aulani contract, paid cash, and had to get docs notarized? Trying to be prepared as I've seen it can take a bit to secure a notary appointment if needed.
Yes, both resale and direct, and cash. I am in SoCal and walked into to our local UPS Store that offer notary services without making an appointment.

Thanks, I'm getting mixed messages from broker, title agent, and the inter-webs. Have you recently purchased a resale Aulani contract, paid cash, and had to get docs notarized? Trying to be prepared as I've seen it can take a bit to secure a notary appointment if needed.
I’m in the same boat. I’m purchasing Aulani and awaiting closing docs. I’m curious too. Paying cash too and I’m in Canada and need to get a US notary. What I have learned is Hawaii passed a law allowing for virtual notarization in 2021. So if I really need one and to avoid going to a consulate, I’m going to try that out. I found a service called notarize.con. I’m now a week awaiting the closing docs. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/4/2022
Offer accepted:2/4/2022
Sent to ROFR: 2/8/2022
Passed ROFR: 3/3/2022
Closing docs received: 3/10/2022
Closing docs returned: 3/11/2022
Closing: 3/17/2022
Deed recorded: 3/21/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (current member): 4/6/2022
Points in account: 4/14/2022

Days Total: 69 days from date of offer.

Hello! I just updated this for the last time since our points are now showing in our account! 69 days total, and perfect timing for us to make our reservation for next April, 2023!

Take care, all!

Last edited:
Update: And done! Took 1 week for points to appear without me calling in to get them loaded.

Home Resort: Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (PVB)
Broker: www.dvcresales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/17/2022
Offer accepted: 11/17/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 11/17/2022 (0 days)
Passed ROFR: 2/2/2022 (16 days)
Estoppel Received: 2/2/2022 (0 days)
Closing docs received: 2/2/2022 (0 days)
Closing docs returned: 2/4/2022 (2 days)
Seller returned closing docs: 2/24/2022 (22 days)
Closing: 2/28/2022 (4 days)
Deed recorded: 2/28/2022 (0 days)
Contract Showing on Membership: 03/13/2022 (13 days)
Points in account: 03/20/2022 (7 days)

Days Total: 63 days
offer made to ROFR passing: 16 days
ROFR passing to closing: 26 days
closing to points in account: 21 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter