Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/26/22
Offer accepted: 2/26/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/27/22 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 3/22/22 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 3/24/22 (2 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (0 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update #4 Deed recorded

Home Resort: Cooper Creek Villas 2
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 2/02/2022
Offer accepted: 2/02/2022 ( 0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/07/2022 (5 days)
Passed ROFR: 2/28/2022 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 3/10/2022 (10 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/11/2022 ( 1 day)
Closing: 03/23/2022 (12 days)
Deed recorded: 03/24/2022 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Some companies do not release the funds to the seller until it is verified. That happened when I bought in 2020 and the sellers didn’t get paid for 5 weeks because it took a long time for Disney to transfer the contract.
Thank you:) They just verified that question as well

Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 02/19/2022
Offer accepted: 02/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 02/24/2022
Passed ROFR: 03/16/2022 (20 days)
Closing docs received:3/17/2022
Closing docs returned:3/18/2022 (buyer) (still waiting on seller)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. I’m purchasing Aulani and awaiting closing docs. I’m curious too. Paying cash too and I’m in Canada and need to get a US notary. What I have learned is Hawaii passed a law allowing for virtual notarization in 2021. So if I really need one and to avoid going to a consulate, I’m going to try that out. I found a service called notarize.con. I’m now a week awaiting the closing docs. I’ll let you know how it goes.

The escrow company First American suggested they worked with a virtual notary, and we decided to use the one they suggested. The process for that was quick and simple and made it a lot easier than having to schedule time with the US Consulate. So, all in all, I'd recommend the virtual notary process for simplifying things for people outside the US (and maybe for people in the US too)

On the downside, we still need to fedex in tax forms for hawaii since they haven't modernized the acceptance of digital forms for that.

Anyhow, one step closer, we will finish our closing steps today.

Update:
Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/7
Offer accepted: 2/17
Sent to ROFR: 2/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15
Estoppel Issued: 3/15
Closing docs received: 3/23
Closing docs returned: 3/25
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (adding on points):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update 1

Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 02/14
Offer accepted: 02/14
Sent to ROFR: 02/15
Passed ROFR: 03/11
Closing docs received: 03/22
Closing docs returned: 03/25 (used virtual notary)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Final Update:

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 12/10/21
Offer accepted: 12/10/21 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 12/20/21 (10 days)
Passed ROFR: 1/25/22 (36 days)
Closing docs received: 2/1/2022 (7 days)
Closing docs returned: 2/5/2022 (4 days)
Seller closing docs returned: 3/1/2022 (28 days)
Closing: 3/2/2022 (1 day)
Deed recorded: 3/7/2022 (5 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/23/2022 (16 days)
Points in account: 3/27/2022 (4 days)

Days Total: 107

Final Update

Offer made: 1/28/22
Offer accepted: 1/28/22
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/22
Passed ROFR: 2/18/22
Closing docs received: 2/25/22
Closing docs returned: 2/28/22
Closing: 3/4/22
Deed recorded: 3/7/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/22/22
Points in account: 3/27/22

Days Total: 59

Home Resort: AK
Offer made: 02/07/2022
Offer accepted: 02/07/2022
Sent to ROFR: 02/08/2022
Passed ROFR: 03/01/2022
Closing docs received:3/01/2022
Closing docs returned:3/09/2022
Closing:3/10/2022
Deed recorded:3/14/2022
Points in account:

I thought I was done with the agonizing waiting once I passed rofr but it will be two weeks on Wednesday since we received closing docs and the seller still hasn’t returned them. I know I’ll have to wait for Disney to create and load my membership but this feels painful because I don’t have any guidance at all as to when the seller will do his part!!

Offer made: 02/19/2022
Offer accepted: 02/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 02/24/2022
Passed ROFR: 03/16/2022 (20 days)
Closing docs received:3/17/2022
Closing docs returned:3/18/2022 (buyer) (still waiting on seller)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
We are on similar timelines…still waiting for our seller too… how frustrating!!!

I’m using Magic Vacation Title and I’m starting to regret it. It’s been over two weeks since I passed ROFR and I still haven’t received anything from them. I’ve emailed my closing agent 3 times for an update with no response. Has anyone experienced this kind of bad service before? I see people on here that have got their closing documents in less that four days. I’m like 16/17 days.

I’m using Magic Vacation Title and I’m starting to regret it. It’s been over two weeks since I passed ROFR and I still haven’t received anything from them. I’ve emailed my closing agent 3 times for an update with no response. Has anyone experienced this kind of bad service before? I see people on here that have got their closing documents in less that four days. I’m like 16/17 days.
Ah-Oh, you’ve got me worried. I’ve been waiting 6 days. Now I think I’m in for a long wait. The email I received to let me know I passed ROFR did say I should receive the paperwork within 21 days, but I thought it would be much sooner. Now I fear, maybe not. Good luck... maybe today’s your day.

I've used them for 2 resale contracts and got my closing docs in 2 weeks both times. I'm sorry the closing agent hasn't been responsive.

I thought I was done with the agonizing waiting once I passed rofr but it will be two weeks on Wednesday since we received closing docs and the seller still hasn’t returned them. I know I’ll have to wait for Disney to create and load my membership but this feels painful because I don’t have any guidance at all as to when the seller will do his part!!
I am astounded by the fact that the title company doesn't put a deadline on returning documents. Sellers dragging their feet on closing docs is a very common issue on these boards. I'm beyond frustrated because we expressed our desire for a quick closing early on - due to the fact that we will have 407 points on this contract that will expire end of July + we were hoping and praying to be able to make a Thanksgiving reservation at our home resort before it opened up to everyone at the 7 month mark in late April. I would think the sellers would get to a notary quickly and return the docs so they can get their money. I am regretting going the resale route now - should've just bought direct.

We are using them and have had a good experience thus far (can't say the same for the broker sadly). We got our closing docs the day after we passed ROFR. Returned them the next day and now enduring the agonizing wait for the sellers to get to a UPS store to sign their paperwork.

I am astounded by the fact that the title company doesn't put a deadline on returning documents. Sellers dragging their feet on closing docs is a very common issue on these boards. I'm beyond frustrated because we expressed our desire for a quick closing early on - due to the fact that we will have 407 points on this contract that will expire end of July + we were hoping and praying to be able to make a Thanksgiving reservation at our home resort before it opened up to everyone at the 7 month mark in late April. I would think the sellers would get to a notary quickly and return the docs so they can get their money. I am regretting going the resale route now - should've just bought direct.
I don't understand the delay either. If I were the seller, I'd want my money ASAP! But I don't know what's on their paperwork plate. Perhaps there's a lot more they have to do/get notarized?? Good luck with your situation...i only hope we both get our closings handled very soon!!

3rd home resort, second UY, let the fun begin!

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 3/6/22
Offer accepted: 3/6/22
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/22
Passed ROFR: 3/28/22
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter