Closing Time!

Quick update, I got one email with just the access code so I had to chat with DVC to get my member# and call MS to get my Club ID to get my account created.. not sure if this is a thing..

After calling MS they also confirmed that getting points loaded may take a week.. they said the the points load are being delayed... may need to call again tomorrow and or hopefully points get loaded by itself..

but still at least I can see the availability so its helping with the planning

How long did you wait after your first activation email to contact them?

Like 5 hours later (9am received and called 2pm?) I was in a meeting and I got the email in the AM and noticed it later.

I’m at 4 hours since I received my activation email and still don’t have a member number email yet. I’m wondering if this is normal or if my account is also having the issue

Just got to say the overall experience getting a resale contract is like going to disney with out genie plus.... lots of waiting in one line to another line to another line.....

Not sure if in the future I want to go through all this.. or just pay up and go direct....

Debate...
I understand where you are coming from but try and look at the thousands of dollars you have saved by waiting. You can probably pay for your next entire WDW trip with your savings.

My sellers must have done their documents at light speed because we closed today! Now the wait begins

I feel like every waiting period was worse than the last. We just got 1 of 2 welcome home emails and time is basically standing still waiting on the second email to set up our account.

Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: www.dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 4/17, with negotiations until 4/19
Offer accepted: 4/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/21
Passed ROFR: 5/12
Closing docs received: 5/15
Closing docs returned: 5/15 (buyer), 5/17 (seller)
Closing: 5/17 (ROFR waiver to close was 5 days, including a weekend!
Deed recorded: 5/17
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Since I believe she is new, and I hadn't seen anything here, I wanted to be sure to share our fantastic experience with Lynn at dvcclosings.com.

Yes, that is a big error. Did you mark that you would be financing with Monera when you submitted your offer?
That should have triggered them to connect with you.

I would reply and let them know you are financing with Monera to get that corrected asap.
OK wasn't sure but yes, he got back yesterday and said he would resend the contract with the correct information.
I have another contract being closed by them, and all the information was correct in that one. 🙃

I received my closing documents yesterday and need to wait until Friday before I can do anything as I am traveling for work and I added my son to everything. I have International Sellers so I know there part will take a bit of time.

Just got to say the overall experience getting a resale contract is like going to disney with out genie plus.... lots of waiting in one line to another line to another line.....

Not sure if in the future I want to go through all this.. or just pay up and go direct....

Debate...
I am thinking the same way.....

Edited 5/24/23 to show deed recording

68 Days and Counting.......

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made:3/16/23
Offer accepted: 3/17/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/22/23
Passed ROFR: 4/4/23
Closing docs received: 5/3/23
Closing docs returned: 5/18/23
Closing: 5/19/23
Deed recorded: 5/24/23
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 4/19/23
Offer accepted: 4/19/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/23
Passed ROFR: 5/12/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

A week after passing ROFR, and I haven't received closing docs from *** yet. I'm ready to write a check today, but from what I've heard, they're very backed up, and it might be another couple of weeks. I guess it is a good thing that I'm not in a hurry. Looking back, maybe I should have gone with Mason; I'm sure the seller would prefer to receive their money sooner rather than later.
Was in the same boat, took a month to receive closing docs from this title company.

Another question....Closed on Friday....what is typical timeline for deed to be recorded and get in Disney's hands?
My deed was recorded the day after closing. But I don't know who sends the deed to be recorded. If it's the title company, then the speed at which this happens might depend on which title company you used.

We had a slow title company and our closing was on a Friday. Deed was recorded the following Tuesday afternoon which is about average. 1-2 business days.

Also I still have not received the second email to set up our new DVC account. First one came at 3:20 pm yesterday and then nothing since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter