Club 33 Lunch- tell me everything!

heathpack

Mouseketeer
Super stoked that we have our first Club 33 reservation coming up for lunch on Jan 21.

I know it’s a four course meal, fixed price, there’s a dress code and alcohol.

Thats all I know. Any tips, suggestions, things I should know?

I mentioned to a new dog sport friend that we were going to Disneyland on Jan 21 and she replies “oh we’re Club 33 members, do you want me to see if we can get you a reservatio?” Hell yeah. Life lesson: this is why you should always help the newbies!

How exciting! That's very generous of your friend. I will be there with my daughter on the 28th for lunch to celebrate our birthdays.

Others can probably give you some really good tips. I usually draw a blank on that kind of thing, LOL, but here's one: I often order the cheese board that is listed as a dessert for my appetizer. The menu has listings for each course and typically, you choose one from each. However, I will usually order 2 desserts--a "traditional" type and the cheeseboard in place of an appetizer. And don't be afraid to ask what something is if you're unsure, because if, like me, you have limited gourmand experience, you may have little clue about what a menu item actually is :)

Be sure to take the time to go out on the balcony. You can ask your server the best way to do that. Also, the restrooms (at least the women's) are cool.

Take note of the rules, such as what you can take pictures of and where.

Check out the merch case when you first go upstairs. When I was there last month, there wasn't much in it :(

The CMs will offer to take pictures of you in the Courtyard of Angels/on the stairs. Take advantage of that! Those are usually great shots.

This is the lunch menu from December, but it will give you an idea about the kinds of selections that may be offered in each course.
club 33 menu snip.JPG

I agree with DizMe. Using her menu, my order would be the Halibut, then the cheese board (it is a small board), the chicken or steak, and the Sticky Toffee (which as of right now, it is still on the menu and is great!!!)

Take in everything, but remember there are rules on photography. 1. Absolutely no video. 2. Absolutely no photography in the bathrooms. 3. No pictures of people not in your party.

Have a drink. If you don't drink alcohol, they also have a lot of excellent non-alcoholic specialty drinks. If you enjoy wine, do the wine pairings. Have a cappuccino at the end, they make excellent ones. (I do hot chocolate since I don't do coffee.)

Enjoy the afternoon, ask your server anything you would like to know (they like sharing their knowledge.). Many of them have been there a LONG time. One of my favorite servers has been there 40 years!

Oh I intend to drink alcohol.

Are there any signature cocktails?

Damn, I paid for a hopper and genie plus and now I doubt I’ll use either!

I have not had a visit to the club in a few years (our connection is no longer a member😥), but make sure you adhere to the dress code and remember to be on your very best behavior, as any poor behavior reflects on the member and they can be penalized for it. Other than that, take your time, take it all in and enjoy! 🙂

My favorite aspect was getting dressed up much nicer than we normally would. Oh, and hanging out a little on the patio to look out among the crowds.

And we may have grabbed a few Club 33 paper towels (they are really nice, almost feel like linen napkins) from the bathroom as part of our souvenir stash.

Oh, speaking of that, they have special merchandise available you can buy so be prepared.

Oh I intend to drink alcohol.

Are there any signature cocktails?

Damn, I paid for a hopper and genie plus and now I doubt I’ll use either!
There are a lot of signature drinks. New ones each season. What do you normally like to drink?

Throws and Maskers is very good. (Its a tiki drink.)

Same with El Diablo.

There are a lot of signature drinks. New ones each season. What do you normally like to drink?

Throws and Maskers is very good. (Its a tiki drink.)

Same with El Diablo.

Hmm

Classic daiquiri
Aviation
Margarita
Painkiller
Mai tai
Side car
Mojito
La Pinela

At home I like to make myself a Bichon Frise
Vodka
Elderflower liqueur
Grapefruit juice from our tree
Lemon juice from our other tree
Twist of grapefruit
Vanilla sugar rim

Fruity things mostly I guess. I make a killer pineapple jalapeño margarita. I grow Mojito mint in my yard.

And we may have grabbed a few Club 33 paper towels (they are really nice, almost feel like linen napkins) from the bathroom as part of our souvenir stash.
I admit, these hand towels in the bathrooms are totally awesome. I don't have them as souvenirs, but as back up for whatever needs at various times.

True story - My mom had a seizure and went to the hospital. The ER was closed to people coming in due to covid. (only 1 allowed, my brother, since he was her Power of Attorney) So we (7 or so of us) were all in the parking lot, and my brother in law was having an allergy issue and kept sneezing and stuff. I reached in my center console and pulled out a napkin as he had destroyed his kleenex. He looked at it and said "I can't blow my nose on that, that is too good for my nose!"

What’s in Throws and Maskers and El Diablo?

However I also really like to explore good food with wine pairings

Googled it.

El Diablo: pass. Ginger beer, ugh.
Throws and Maskers: oh yeah. That’s my style

They make an awesome Mai Tai, (well, everything is awesome). Great classic margaritas adn daiquiris, check the cocktail menu, if nothing jumps out at you, then ask the server if they have a recommendation of something not on the menu. They can make all the drinks you have listed.

I like a Bee's Knees myself. And a Lady of Singapore.

What’s in Throws and Maskers and El Diablo?

However I also really like to explore good food with wine pairings
We do wine pairings on occasion. We do like it. I will usually do it with a couple of specific servers, as my daughter's and my taste are a little unique. We have a couple servers that understand us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter