Club 33 Lunch- tell me everything!

They make an awesome Mai Tai, (well, everything is awesome). Great classic margaritas adn daiquiris, check the cocktail menu, if nothing jumps out at you, then ask the server if they have a recommendation of something not on the menu. They can make all the drinks you have listed.

I like a Bee's Knees myself. And a Lady of Singapore.

Googled Lady of Singapore. Oh boy sounds really good.

Googled Lady of Singapore. Oh boy sounds really good.
I like it. This past summer, they did the annual "Summer of Tiki". They took 9 original Tiki drinks, and put their own spin on them. My daughter and I tried all 9 on a Friday. We got to chat with the manager in charge of these drinks (he was also over the bar in 21 Royal.). He told us the 9 had a base drink, so then we had to try the 9 base drinks on Sat. We had a good time. There was another base drink I liked, but don't remember the name. I will try and find it.

Been twice for lunch, the last time was Sept of 2019. All the above tips are good. If you start with a cocktail and then do the wine flight, I have some suggestions for AFTER you emerge from your magical experience… full, happy, and if you’re a lightweight like me, pretty much soused at 2 pm in Disneyland.
1. Go on the Jungle Cruise. It will never be funnier. And your skipper will love you for laughing so hard.
2. Do The Enchanted Tiki Room. Again, it will seem much more cute and funny than usual, and you will have no compunctions about singing along loudly.
3. Now is the time to shop for ridiculous souvenirs. DH was determined to buy me a tiara in Crystal D’Orleans, but luckily I’d retained enough wit to stop him. We found some great hats, though.

😂 Have a wonderful time, and do report back!

Ha @Malcon10t can drink the rest of us under the table.

I think if I’m going to go the cocktail route, I should try something new and that I wouldn’t make at home. I do some tiki drinks but keeping up with fresh juices and homemade syrups is a lot.

Although I do have some homemade Orgeat in my freezer.

I have a pomegranate tree in my yard and have made my own grenadine in the past. Maybe 10 years ago, we went to Disney World for a September stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I took that grenadine with me, in a jar then packed in a vacuum sealed bag. The balcony cocktail was the Tequila Sunrise. Enjoyed at sunset amongst the giraffe.

Ha @Malcon10t can drink the rest of us under the table.

I think if I’m going to go the cocktail route, I should try something new and that I wouldn’t make at home. I do some tiki drinks but keeping up with fresh juices and homemade syrups is a lot.

Although I do have some homemade Orgeat in my freezer.

I have a pomegranate tree in my yard and have made my own grenadine in the past. Maybe 10 years ago, we went to Disney World for a September stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I took that grenadine with me, in a jar then packed in a vacuum sealed bag. The balcony cocktail was the Tequila Sunrise. Enjoyed at sunset amongst the giraffe.
Yeah, I don't think I could leave the Club for several hours after 9 cocktails unless they were really tiny. I'm not the kind of person who could just try a sip or 2 and dump the rest--I'm that idiot who goes wine tasting and drinks whatever is poured :laughing:, which is possibly why I've only been wine tasting a couple of times. I'd also have to figure out what to sell to pay off my credit card that month.

Homemade Orgeat and grenadine? Wow!! :worship:

Been twice for lunch, the last time was Sept of 2019. All the above tips are good. If you start with a cocktail and then do the wine flight, I have some suggestions for AFTER you emerge from your magical experience… full, happy, and if you’re a lightweight like me, pretty much soused at 2 pm in Disneyland.
1. Go on the Jungle Cruise. It will never be funnier. And your skipper will love you for laughing so hard.
2. Do The Enchanted Tiki Room. Again, it will seem much more cute and funny than usual, and you will have no compunctions about singing along loudly.
3. Now is the time to shop for ridiculous souvenirs. DH was determined to buy me a tiara in Crystal D’Orleans, but luckily I’d retained enough wit to stop him. We found some great hats, though.

😂 Have a wonderful time, and do report back!
View attachment 638190
Absolutely LOVE this!!! I think we'd get along really well, LOL. And what a beautiful picture :)

Just to clarify, I did say my daughter and I. We split the drinks. So figure 4.5 drinks. But we did have a couple others too.

And on the original drinks, the bar manager determined they made one of the drinks wrong, so we had an additional one....
Ohhhhhhh. I was picturing 9 each! :upsidedow Anyway, that must have been a lot of fun. Lucky you!

Have fun and enjoy your special lunch at Club 33!!!

Regarding the wine paring (note I've only been for dinner hour so don't know if it's less pours for lunch) - it was honestly too much wine for me. And I am by no means a lightweight or an amateur when it comes to drinking vino. It was so much wine that the end of the night was a fuzzy: and I did not enjoy having only vague memories of the end of our evening!

When we went to Club 33 this past August we did cocktails and then champagne & wine (larger group). It was honestly more enjoyable.

We personally enjoy dressing up for 33 - it's a special occasion!

As others have said: take advantage of the balcony, pics in the court of angels, get a pic of Mary Poppins table!!! And... merch. I really wanted the 33 jacket but they were out of my size. We did get ears & baseball hats this time! I really liked the ears they had this summer. Pic below is my daughter in her new ears!
6E173680-1439-411A-9E3F-3428FBC474AF.jpeg562B2A3D-FB5F-49A9-B66A-FBC010F9FF66.jpeg

Last edited:
Super stoked that we have our first Club 33 reservation coming up for lunch on Jan 21.

I know it’s a four course meal, fixed price, there’s a dress code and alcohol.

Thats all I know. Any tips, suggestions, things I should know?

I mentioned to a new dog sport friend that we were going to Disneyland on Jan 21 and she replies “oh we’re Club 33 members, do you want me to see if we can get you a reservatio?” Hell yeah. Life lesson: this is why you should always help the newbies!

Ahhhhhh this is amazing! Dining in Club 33 is one of my bucket list dreams that I hope comes true one day. Have an amazing time and I hope you can share a review when you get back! 😊

So, how does a normie like me get to experience such a thing?
You can’t really.

You can, you just have to network. Through casual conversations with others regarding DL I have had three different opportunities to get connected with people that were able to make reservations...and I do not live in SoCal...so it can happen. One was as simple as a hairdresser whose husband worked at a corporation and knew the person that could book the reservations for their account!

I had a friend that randomly posted something about Club 33 being a bucket list item on Facebook and turns out she was actually already FB friends with a Member and had no idea. They reached out to her and hooked her up with a reservation!

You can, you just have to network. Through casual conversations with others regarding DL I have had three different opportunities to get connected with people that were able to make reservations...and I do not live in SoCal...so it can happen. One was as simple as a hairdresser whose husband worked at a corporation and knew the person that could book the reservations for their account!

I had a friend that randomly posted something about Club 33 being a bucket list item on Facebook and turns out she was actually already FB friends with a Member and had no idea. They reached out to her and hooked her up with a reservation!
That is some Disney magic at work right there! How wonderful!

Yeah, we got in through my husband’s (large) corporation. He happened to be chatting with his manager about our upcoming trip, and she mentioned knowing the person who administers the company membership.

I met my club 33 friend on DIS! It started when I had a chance to spend a few days with a close friend's parents in Santa Monica. My friend's dad was a Disney Legend and had recently published a book about it, and my friend, knowing my love of Disney, invited me to come stay with them at their home and see all of the cool Disney stuff his dad had. It was absolutely incredible. I asked if his dad would be interested in signing some books for my DIS friends, and his dad was so excited at that he even told me to invite them to come to his house. The books hadn't been distributed yet so we got them fresh out of the boxes, hand signed right there at his table. He performed some lines from his shows, made some of his funny faces, and did a bit of Jose the parrot. His office was full of things from his apartment in Disneyland (including a piano) , props from his Golden Horseshoe show, gifts from Walt Disney, etc. Now, the thing is that he was suffering from dementia, but he absolutely came alive at this opportunity to meet admirers and you would never have known. He'd carefully gotten ready and all morning he'd been waiting expectantly for his fans. My friend told me afterward that even though it wore him out, it was the happiest he'd seen him in a long time.

When I got home, I wrote about it on DIS (and so did Webmaster Mary Jo, who was there that day). Turns out that another DISer read my report and contacted me because this guy was his hero! He wasn't on the board very often due to his work, but he spotted my post and had a lot of questions. He was disappointed he hadn't known about it and was such a huge fan that I sent him some things my friend had given me that were his dad's.

He was very appreciative and we became great friends as he asked me all kinds of questions about his idol. He also turned out to be a club member and that's how it happened for me. He hasn't been on DIS in a long time but we're still great friends. I'm glad I didn't know he was a club Member when he first contacted me because he knows I didn't share those special items for that reason.

I'm sorry for this long, rambling post but was trying to say that sometimes things happen in very unexpected ways. The best thing wasn't getting to go to 33. That was an extra perk.

I met my club 33 friend on DIS! It started when I had a chance to spend a few days with a close friend's parents in Santa Monica. My friend's dad was a Disney Legend and had recently published a book about it, and my friend, knowing my love of Disney, invited me to come stay with them at their home and see all of the cool Disney stuff his dad had. It was absolutely incredible. I asked if his dad would be interested in signing some books for my DIS friends, and his dad was so excited at that he even told me to invite them to come to his house. The books hadn't been distributed yet so we got them fresh out of the boxes, hand signed right there at his table. He performed some lines from his shows, made some of his funny faces, and did a bit of Jose the parrot. His office was full of things from his apartment in Disneyland (including a piano) , props from his Golden Horseshoe show, gifts from Walt Disney, etc. Now, the thing is that he was suffering from dementia, but he absolutely came alive at this opportunity to meet admirers and you would never have known. He'd carefully gotten ready and all morning he'd been waiting expectantly for his fans. My friend told me afterward that even though it wore him out, it was the happiest he'd seen him in a long time.

When I got home, I wrote about it on DIS (and so did Webmaster Mary Jo, who was there that day). Turns out that another DISer read my report and contacted me because this guy was his hero! He wasn't on the board very often due to his work, but he spotted my post and had a lot of questions. He was disappointed he hadn't known about it and was such a huge fan that I sent him some things my friend had given me that were his dad's.

He was very appreciative and we became great friends as he asked me all kinds of questions about his idol. He also turned out to be a club member and that's how it happened for me. He hasn't been on DIS in a long time but we're still great friends. I'm glad I didn't know he was a club Member when he first contacted me because he knows I didn't share those special items for that reason.

I'm sorry for this long, rambling post but was trying to say that sometimes things happen in very unexpected ways. The best thing wasn't getting to go to 33. That was an extra perk.
This post just made me tear up! What a fantastic experience for you, the other board members and that man who got to relive and share in his Disney experience. I have chills!

Your story is a perfect illustration of what I love so much about Disney and also DISBoards. This place is so special to me and I love to learn and share here. I have also met some DISers in real life who have become wonderful friends! 😍

My first visit was also out of the blue. A friend asked what we were doing for my son's 21st birthday. I said "Well, I've been on the list to join Club 33 for YEARS, but since it hadn't come thru, likely Goofy's." She said "You know about Club 33? Would you want to go for his birthday?" And that was the beginning of my visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter