CNBC on Chapek & Iger’s falling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last point is why I don't think it matters who is in charge cause a lot of the changes that have happened are things they have always wanted to do.
I don’t think many on the board shared his vision however I’m sure they were railroaded by him and his backers. I think his political aspirations got in the way of running Disney as…you know…Disney.

As a shareholder of a stock that’s being beat up constantly this upsets me greatly. You have certain things you want to do as a company to increase your inclusivity. Fine. Do it. But now you’ve just become another political entity that seems to be entrenched deeply on one side with enemies on the other. Not cool in my book and I think many others feel the same. Again it’s one thing to change the way you operate in certain aspects that align itself more with newer values but once you start acting like a teen on Twitter starting wars with a whole state well that’s just dumb.

As a shareholder of a stock that’s being beat up constantly this upsets me greatly. You have certain things you want to do as a company to increase your inclusivity. Fine. Do it. But now you’ve just become another political entity that seems to be entrenched deeply on one side with enemies on the other. Not cool in my book and I think many others feel the same. Again it’s one thing to change the way you operate in certain aspects that align itself more with newer values but once you start acting like a teen on Twitter starting wars with a whole state well that’s just dumb.
Very true and I have a hard time seeing how the shareholders interest is served by being a Twitter warrior.
On Cramer's CNBC morning show today, he said something like "Chapek really did something amazing, he got all sides ticked off at him and the company, really poor job of handling it".

Has anyone seen how Universal has handled the issue? I have seen nothing, while Disney is in the news 24/7 currently.

Has anyone seen how Universal has handled the issue? I have seen nothing, while Disney is in the news 24/7 currently.

That's because Universal Studios doesn't make for as sensational a headline as Disney. Disney is an institution and it grabs people's attention.

That's because Universal Studios doesn't make for as sensational a headline as Disney. Disney is an institution and it grabs people's attention.
I bet there would be plenty of headlines for Universal if they sided with Disney on this one. My guess is Universal doesn't have the outspoken contingent Disney seems to have.

https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/investor-relations/larry-fink-ceo-letter

That’s why.

I don’t think many on the board shared his vision however I’m sure they were railroaded by him and his backers. I think his political aspirations got in the way of running Disney as…you know…Disney.
That may be true before. At this point I don't see it going back to Disney being Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter