Coffee Thread (cause why not)

hillg1868

Mouseketeer
Speculating why WDW kept joffreys around even after inplementing starbucks in the parks.....Do you think disney approached joffreys and asked to be the starbucks and joffreys just couldnt pull through?
Or (less fun to speculate) joffreys just has a contract with WDW and thats about it....I hate starbucks cause their coffee is over. rated. as. heck.
I could mainline shaken jamacians all day. Even the food and wine festival passports sometimes have joffreys drinks but never a starbucks drink....

IDK. My naive and simple personal opinion is I like joffreys coffee better than Starbucks and I feel like the joffreys logo and vibe fits disneys brand better. Joffreys feels like it’s a coffee shop created by Disney vs Starbucks feels like a corporate partnership. I’m a huge Starbucks purchaser lol but I was happy to see them go in Epcot. Need a break from them sometimes!

It is as simple as if you see a name in Disney it is supplied to them free in return Joffreys gets advertising and maybe the so names booths are run by them. Starbucks needs no such deal they can peddle 4-5 cups of REGULAR coffee and 6-10 specialty coffee all day long with lines out the door at most locations. Yes Starbucks has become overly pricey for what it is but I personally will pay that over anyting Joffreys sells apparently so will many that go to Disney judglung by the lines.

I'm thankful Disney kept Joffrey's.

Perhaps Starbucks didn't want to be sprinkled thoughout the parks and resorts and wanted that more ONE exclusive location?

I'm glad they have both. I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks and only stop by if I'm close by and the line isn't long. I really enjoy the Joffrey's partnership and the multitude of blends they create for the different Disney restaurants and anniversaries. I even purchased some on their website because I enjoy having them at home, reminding me of some of my favorite places. I also appreciate that their kiosk turn-around time is fairly fast. Given the multitude of ingredients Starbucks uses for their drinks, I'm not sure if smaller kiosks scattered throughout the parks is doable for their model - the one they used to have in Epcot was rather large as is the one outdoor one they have in DS.

I would assume that Joffrey's has a contract in place.

https://joffreys.com/joffreys-named-official-specialty-coffee-of-walt-disney-world-resort/

"TAMPA, Fla. (February 21, 2013) — Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. and Disney have entered into a long-term strategic alliance that makes Joffrey’s the official specialty coffee of Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Disney Vacation Club properties."

I much prefer Joffreys, but even their lines are getting longer.

Starbucks has a huge new location in Epcot. It is next to the quick service in the middle of the park.

Speculating why WDW kept joffreys around even after inplementing starbucks in the parks.....Do you think disney approached joffreys and asked to be the starbucks and joffreys just couldnt pull through?
Or (less fun to speculate) joffreys just has a contract with WDW and thats about it....I hate starbucks cause their coffee is over. rated. as. heck.
I could mainline shaken jamacians all day. Even the food and wine festival passports sometimes have joffreys drinks but never a starbucks drink....
Starbucks is definitely overrated and overpriced.

I much prefer Starbucks coffee, but LOVE Joffrey's iced tea. It's so strong, and Starbucks is always watery (even when you ask for very little water). It's one of our first stops at each park.

The AP discount is nice, too!

I'm guessing they both have contracts and while I enjoy the Joffrey's coffee a lot more than starbucks, I know that Disney probably can sell more coffee with a stbx logo than joffreys. The shakin Jamaican is really really good.

The old-joke was that there were two-types of coffee drinkers, Starbucks & Dunkin'.

Then Dunkin' sold a less expensive dark-roast. Then Starbucks sold a more expensive blond-roast.

Substitute Joffrey's.

More to the question - because each company likely pays Disney to sell their product.

If you're Disney, two paying brand-placement customers is likely better than one.....and some folks simply prefer one brand to the other.

We love Joffreys. So much so that we order it and use it exclusively at home as well. The Sanaa blend is delish!
And grabbing a Shakin Jamaican is my first in park stop!
I haven't tried Shakin Jamaican yet. Will do!

I'm not a big fan of Starbuck's coffee. I can drink it but it's not my favourite. I'd rather drink Joffrey's if I had a choice but Starbucks does have some nice Italian sodas and breakfast sandwiches so I'm happy to have both in the parks. Sure beats the days of Nescafe "coffee".

Not a huge Starbucks fan at home, but a venti iced coffee in the early afternoon is a welcomed necessity for us to survive the Florida heat in the parks. 😁

Don't know why but glad they did. I dislike Starbucks, even their blond tastes burnt to me. I won't step foot inside them, I'm still bitter about Main Street Bakery and that they bought out Teavana. I don't drink iced coffee and just a plain black hot cup of Joffreys is it for me. The most I doctor it up is the occasional Latte or Cafe Au Lait. I even bring my own coffee when I stay at the Dolphin because they provide Starbucks in the room. I go out of my way at HS to find something for breakfast even knowing Starbucks has sandwiches which is what I prefer over sweet breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter