College Football 2021

WeLovePluto

Mouseketeer
I'm getting antsy. I gather there was some important football news a couple weeks ago or something.

Tulane opens it's season this year with a visit from one of the teams involved (OU). Maybe we'll spoil their entry into the SEC. I'm not counting on it.

We booked a camping trip for Labor Day weekend nearby. My original plan was to come back for the game on Saturday morning. But that was before Delta got really bad around here. So new plan is to set up TVs and wifi at the camper and watch there rather than going into a crowd. We've already had one kid quarantined for school, so will do our part to prevent more of it.

We'll probably make it back to the stadium for week 2 against Morgan St which will allow for plenty of social distancing.

Camping on a Labor Day weekend is not a bad plan at all, @WeLovePluto. I see the line for that game is 70 total and OU by 26. I hope the Green Wave can get some scores on the much-hyped "improved" Okie defense.

I've got a tv (the 65" in the living room) that all of a sudden is giving me a green tinted picture. Gonna see if I can get it corrected somehow or I may be in the market for a new big screen.

Alabama opens with Miami in the Atlanta Dome on week 1 in the afternoon. The interesting game that night will be Clemson vs. Georgia (which has had several injuries during the last few weeks of camp).

For this season I also changed my season seat location in the upper deck/press box side which has been my home for 25+ years. Moved from the south (cemetery) end to the north (statues) end. Nice thing is now my row is on the same level as the portal so no stairs to climb. In fact I can use the spiral ramps or public elevators to get to the upper deck so no stadium steps at all.

Our neighboring Conference USA school UAB has a game next Wednesday night that I'll probably watch. As I will the Nebraska-Illinois and the Hawaii-UCLA games this Saturday while I putz around the house/yard.

Bama Ed

PS - I've been looking for a reason to get a new LR tv and this might be the trigger. It's a nice tv but it's a dumb (not smart) set and plasma. The dish on the roof got hit by lightning years ago and burned out all my HDMI inputs to the tv (which were all hooked up to something). But the component input still worked so I've been using a component cable between my Directv box and the tv limping along with an okay picture. I'm hoping it's time. :happytv:

I've got a tv (the 65" in the living room) that all of a sudden is giving me a green tinted picture. Gonna see if I can get it corrected somehow or I may be in the market for a new big screen.

Sounds like your TV is suggesting a new team…..

we’re camping at a state park across the lake. So it was only going to be an hour and a half drive back.

Sounds like your TV is suggesting a new team…..

we’re camping at a state park across the lake. So it was only going to be an hour and a half drive back.

Bad news, WLP. My DD told me how to fix the green tint problem I had. No more Tulane TV! (Darn it :furious: ).

However, your game time is early enough for me to watch in 9 days to catch the action before the Tide & Hurricanes kick it.

ED

Bad news, WLP. My DD told me how to fix the green tint problem I had. No more Tulane TV! (Darn it :furious: ).

However, your game time is early enough for me to watch in 9 days to catch the action before the Tide & Hurricanes kick it.

ED

Shame your DD fixed your TV, I know there are some great ones out there. Didn't someone make a 12 footer ?

Go Dawgs is all I wanted to say!

Which Dawgs are yours, Biggen?

Mississippi State Bulldogs?

iu

Georgia Bulldogs?

iu

Other?

Bama Ed

Shame your DD fixed your TV, I know there are some great ones out there. Didn't someone make a 12 footer ?

Yeah, she's still young. She couldn't tell that Dad really wanted a brand new tv just in time for football season. :sad2: I've missed my chance for a while, Chris. :sad1:

Ed

Out for my walk today and they have finally got the 2020 National Champ plaque in the Walk of Champions.

They had put the year "2020" on the wall behind Saban's statue back this past spring (only room for one more on that row of wall then they'll have to add an upper deck for the rest of his remaining natties).

Stadium getting the chair backs installed for people stuck sitting on the bleachers (those who paid for the backs anyway). First home game is two weeks away against might Mercer. :sad2:

They got the crowd control racks out already on the Walk of Champions and are getting the stadium pretty.

No idea what will happen with the Tide this year so we will just ride the wave and see where it takes us.

Bama Ed

PS - tiggerdad, after they respaced the national championship plaques closer together after #18 this year to make room for more, they left the outlines in the brick walkway for 5 additional plaques. That should cover Nick Saban's next decade of coaching....

Last edited:
Green tint was back today. Yesterday's fix worked briefly then back to green. No more - it's time.

Took the 65" tv off the wall this afternoon to make room for the 70" Samsung that will be picked up tomorrow at Best Buy.

Then I won't have to worry about it.

Bama Ed

Green tint was back today. Yesterday's fix worked briefly then back to green. No more - it's time.
Took the 65" tv off the wall this afternoon to make room for the 70" Samsung that will be picked up tomorrow at Best Buy.
Then I won't have to worry about it.

Put the new tv up on the wall tonight and watching some NFL pre-season.

It's an entry-level Samsung tv but it is 70 inches and that's pushing the max size I can put on my wall. Still need to lock in the screen tilt and do some cord management.

Working on the menu for this coming Saturday for the Alabama Crimson Tide versus the Miami Hurricanes at 230p Central on Labor Day Weekend.

"Meats and Sweets" appear to be the theme.

Still a work in progress tho.

Bama Ed

PS - several good games on Week 1 Saturday

Last edited:
Tulane-OU moving to Norman. Rumors of Saints-Packers on 9/12 moving to Dallas, which means Tulane-Morgan St will also be somewhere else.

Tulane-OU moving to Norman. Rumors of Saints-Packers on 9/12 moving to Dallas, which means Tulane-Morgan St will also be somewhere else.

Yes that all makes sense, Pluto. It's gonna be a while before Louisiana can host some big spectator events with all the Public Safety and Emergency personnel that would be involved. And fans in a position to attend.

I'll pull for the Green Wave wherever they lace 'em up!

Ed

PS - the Tulane football team bugged out before the hurricane up our way to Birmingham for the time being. Tulane's AD put out a statement thanking UAB's and UA's ADs for their assistance and support. We'll take good care of them, Pluto. :thumbsup2

Ok, go Illini? We did beat "go little red" this weekend

DD#2 went to university and now resides in Utah, Good thing about PAC 10 is late night football games

Ok, go Illini? We did beat "go little red" this weekend

DD#2 went to university and now resides in Utah, Good thing about PAC 10 is late night football games

Ah, okay. I think of you as a Mid-west guy so the Utah thing threw me. But if there is a family connection, of course that makes sense.

Bama hosting Tulane in Tuscaloosa to provide them practice facilities this week before the game with Oklahoma.

GreenWave.PNG

I hope we fed them too at the Athlete Dining Hall that's there as part of the Mal Moore Athletic Complex alongside the indoor practice building. Word is they get pretty good grub over there.

Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter