College Football 2021

Sugar Bowl:

The Allstate Mayhem guy is on a roll!

Ole Miss just lost starting QB, Corral. That's a huge loss.

Problem is, the hungry roving ladies in my life (DW and DD)
Ed, try putting it in a non see thru container and write on it something the don't like, ie scrapple, liver & onions, chilled monkey brains, something of the sort

If the refs in this LSU v K-State game call another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, they'll get a free sandwich.

LSU looking a weeee bit rough.

Slugfest up until 4th quarter. Georgia played lights out from there.

Congrats to coach Smart and the Bulldogs. Those poor folks been so close yet so far too many times.

Probably the CFP that was the right two teams playing in it since the last time UGA and Bama played in 2018. Not compelling to watch when I don't have a stake in the game and it's a blow out.

Not a good night for Bama last night but it was a good night for the Bulldogs.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's very hard for a college football team to repeat as national champion. It's only been done once in the BCS/CFP run. So congrats to Georgia.

giphy.gif

Uga can finally take the 1980 National Championship VHS tape and put it in a box in the back of the closet. Now he has something else to watch.

Bama Ed

PS - and ya'll check me on this: do I have this right that the last three CFP champs are all SEC teams - and different ones at that? Georgia, Alabama, and LSU? Is the CFP going to change their name to the "SEC Invitational"? It's been a fun season.

College baseball starts next month ......

Not a bulldog fan myself, but i live in Bulldog country and there will be a lot of smiles around here for the foreseeable future. Real happy to see the Bulldogs get that monkey off their backs...

Not a bulldog fan myself, but i live in Bulldog country and there will be a lot of smiles around here for the foreseeable future. Real happy to see the Bulldogs get that monkey off their backs...

You're not kidding, @mco65. The folks in your state got the Braves and the Bulldogs as Champs in the SAME YEAR! Ed

You're not kidding, @mco65. The folks in your state got the Braves and the Bulldogs as Champs in the SAME YEAR! Ed

Yea, and i am a fan of neither... but will root for them if/when they are not playing against my teams (Vols and Dodgers in this case).

I have some dear friends who are Bulldogs, Braves, Falcons, fanatics.. so i am very happy for them... I also have a soft spot for the Tide as well since the days of Bear and a tailback named Major Ogilvie... but that is so long ago... its almost feels like it was just a dream.

I also have a soft spot for the Tide as well since the days of Bear and a tailback named Major Ogilvie... but that is so long ago... its almost feels like it was just a dream.

Since this is a college football thread, I will add that I remember those days. Major's first season was '77 and in '78 I started selling programs outside the stadium in Tuscaloosa as a teenager. Once the game started we could get in the stadium for free to watch the games.

I'm convinced Major was the reason the NCAA outlawed tear-away jerseys. Seemed like every game he played in, Major would start with a full jersey but by the end of the game after he had run the ball so much, all that's left of it would hang in tatters from his shoulder pads. He was hard to tackle and usually ended off showing his flat stomach to all the world when he broke into the open, arms pumping and legs churning.

And it was all so long ago that his daughter attended UA and was on the women's gymnastics team a few years ago. So between the Tiffins and the Ogilves and their like, I'm old enough to be seeing the next generation.

And the beat goes on.

Bama Ed

Since this is a college football thread, I will add that I remember those days. Major's first season was '77 and in '78 I started selling programs outside the stadium in Tuscaloosa as a teenager. Once the game started we could get in the stadium for free to watch the games.

I'm convinced Major was the reason the NCAA outlawed tear-away jerseys. Seemed like every game he played in, Major would start with a full jersey but by the end of the game after he had run the ball so much, all that's left of it would hang in tatters from his shoulder pads. He was hard to tackle and usually ended off showing his flat stomach to all the world when he broke into the open, arms pumping and legs churning.

And it was all so long ago that his daughter attended UA and was on the women's gymnastics team a few years ago. So between the Tiffins and the Ogilves and their like, I'm old enough to be seeing the next generation.

And the beat goes on.

Bama Ed

i bet you can't find a game photo of Major where his jersey is NOT half gone.... I always assumed he started the game with a half shirt...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter