College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not applying but just looking at the application for the CP, and when you're asked if you've previously applied for a position in the Walt Disney Company, you check yes, and it gives you the drop down list to check where you applied, do you just do the Walt Disney World Resort? And then, when you're doing previous job experience, how do you put in the CP?

Can any former CP's who have applied a few seasons back and also again since the change in the appl process, give a run down of the process now and how it has changed? 1 1/2 years ago when my son applied it was different. Are the questions the same? From comments, it appears to be a 3 step process now. And, how are you notified now? I know he'd appreciate any advice on this. Thanks:thumbsup2

Hi guys. First post! :yay:

I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I started filling out the application for the fall and had some slight panic over this!

Does it matter to the Disney College Program if I have been to the parks or not?

I have been to Disneyland several times over the years, and I basically know the whole park + DCA, Downtown Disney, Anaheim etc. like I know my face lol. So, of course I figured I would apply there for the familiarity and such. I thought it may give me an edge since I already know plenty of information from my various trips. But WDW does intrigue me and I see that I have the option of applying to both. Do you think the fact that I have never went there hinders my chances? I just feel like WDW as a whole is massive and there would be so, so much information to take in, that I worry I would be clueless about the majority of things. :/ And that Disney would automatically be like, "LOL no~" Do they even ask in interviews if you have visited the parks?

So it was already asked about the most selective jobs, what about easier ones? I've been looking into either Custodial or Costuming jobs, and I was wondering if anyone knew how what percent of people they hired or if they were relatively positions to get in to? I would hate to plan out my classes and everything just to find out that I didn't get in anyway!!:sad2:

Can any former CP's who have applied a few seasons back and also again since the change in the appl process, give a run down of the process now and how it has changed? 1 1/2 years ago when my son applied it was different. Are the questions the same? From comments, it appears to be a 3 step process now. And, how are you notified now? I know he'd appreciate any advice on this. Thanks:thumbsup2

This is how the application procress is now:
First, you fill out the application. This is all the basic information such as who you are, past job experience, which roles you want (you have the choice of high, moderate, low, or no interest), etc.

Shortly after, they send a "Thank you for applying" email.
After reviewing your application, they send another email asking you to take the web-based interview if they feel you are a good candidate.

The web-based interview is a personality type test. It asks questions regarding what kind of person you are (if you're often late, if you're a really positive person, etc.), what you would do in certain situations...things like that. (As far as I could tell, it's basically the same as it was two years ago.)

At the end of taking the WBI, it should tell you if you passed or not. If you passed, you will receive an email asking you to schedule your phone interview. (You schedule it online, which is different from the past, where you had to call.)

The phone interview is pretty much the same as it was a few years ago. The only difference would be that the questions are little bit more generalized (I think so that people can't come up with a specific answer ahead of time), and there are a little less of them, which makes the interview itself a little bit shorter than they used to be.

Of course, after the interview is the usual waiting game. To find out if you've been accepted, you can check either the dashboard on the DCP website, or your email.

Hope that helped and I hope I didn't leave anything out! I don't think I did. lol :)

Hi guys. First post! :yay:

I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I started filling out the application for the fall and had some slight panic over this!

Does it matter to the Disney College Program if I have been to the parks or not?

I have been to Disneyland several times over the years, and I basically know the whole park + DCA, Downtown Disney, Anaheim etc. like I know my face lol. So, of course I figured I would apply there for the familiarity and such. I thought it may give me an edge since I already know plenty of information from my various trips. But WDW does intrigue me and I see that I have the option of applying to both. Do you think the fact that I have never went there hinders my chances? I just feel like WDW as a whole is massive and there would be so, so much information to take in, that I worry I would be clueless about the majority of things. :/ And that Disney would automatically be like, "LOL no~" Do they even ask in interviews if you have visited the parks?

Nope, it won't matter. I know many people from whom the CP was their first time to WDW

So it was already asked about the most selective jobs, what about easier ones? I've been looking into either Custodial or Costuming jobs, and I was wondering if anyone knew how what percent of people they hired or if they were relatively positions to get in to? I would hate to plan out my classes and everything just to find out that I didn't get in anyway!!:sad2:

Custodial takes quite a few people. As for costuming, it's in the middle (not a ton, but not a little).

Hi, everyone. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program, which will be in my last semester of college. I know the program goes to mid-May. Is it unheard of to leave for a weekend to attend graduation, and then come back and finish the program? Also, is it possible to extend your program upon the ending of the first one? I'm just trying to get all my facts straight so I can really start thinking about this. Thanks :)

Hi, everyone. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program, which will be in my last semester of college. I know the program goes to mid-May. Is it unheard of to leave for a weekend to attend graduation, and then come back and finish the program? Also, is it possible to extend your program upon the ending of the first one? I'm just trying to get all my facts straight so I can really start thinking about this. Thanks :)

No. I know others who have (just be aware time off is never guaranteed).

Yes it is. I extended my last CP (going Aug-Jan, then Jan-May. I could have also gone May-Aug, but I declined the extension as I got FT).

ok thanks! i also feel like mentioning graduation in the interview may not be the best thing to do, just b/c it might hinder me getting hired. **So if I did the Jan-May program, would i just be getting the extension through the summer time, or could i just extend/apply for the fall program? I hope these questions aren't ridiculous...I just want to get everything straight!

ok thanks! i also feel like mentioning graduation in the interview may not be the best thing to do, just b/c it might hinder me getting hired. **So if I did the Jan-May program, would i just be getting the extension through the summer time, or could i just extend/apply for the fall program? I hope these questions aren't ridiculous...I just want to get everything straight!

If you do Spring (Jan-May), the extension is May-Aug, then again Aug-Jan (so you have to apply twice, unless things have been changed).

I have a couple questions about the Disney look. I have highlights and I know they accept highlights now, but do they have to be constantly redone? Would it be better if I just went back to my natural color? Also, I have my belly button pierced, which I mentioned in my phone interview. Would this be a problem? Should I take it out and let it close?

The piercing is fine (it would only have to come out if you were in lifeguarding, most likely).

I have a couple questions about the Disney look. I have highlights and I know they accept highlights now, but do they have to be constantly redone? Would it be better if I just went back to my natural color? Also, I have my belly button pierced, which I mentioned in my phone interview. Would this be a problem? Should I take it out and let it close?

For highlights - they should not be chunky enough that someone could literally pick them off your head. Luckily, that's not really the trend anymore so we haven't had many recent problems with that. And you would have to keep up on them since the highlights have to cover your entire head, especially close to the root. The biggest thing I watch for is making sure highlights cover the bottom half of the head. A trend is to have the top half light and the bottom half a little darker, unfortunately that's not appropriate. As long as your whole head is the same, you'll be fine.

As for piercings... no piercings are allowed to be worn during work (outside of the lowest ear hole for women). Truth be told, if people can't see it, then no one really makes a stink. HOWEVER, the no piercings rule is part safety as well. If an injury occurs due to a piercing (whether it's pressed on or ripped out), Disney's in the clear since it's the policy to not have piercings. Of course those are rare instances, just making all possibilities known.

I don't work for Disney (yet! waiting on a hopeful acceptance coming any day now!) so I'm not sure about this at all, but I just wanted to mention that when I had my CP phone interview the other day, my interviewer asked if I had any tattoos or body piercings that wouldn't be covered by a one piece bathing suit. So by that definition a belly button ring would be fine?

Does Disney post a calendar online anywhere as to when the reps will be on a certain campus?? My daughter is at University of Alabama, and I know they do recruit there, but I'd like to know when because I would like to talk to the reps as well. Thanks.

Does Disney post a calendar online anywhere as to when the reps will be on a certain campus?? My daughter is at University of Alabama, and I know they do recruit there, but I'd like to know when because I would like to talk to the reps as well. Thanks.

yes they do list them on disneycollegeprogram.com! at the very top of the screen next to where it says disney careers you'll see three icons and if you hit the middle icon it has the list of where and when Disney reps will be! hope this helps

There is a presentation schedule on the disney careers website under the college program section. Presentation at the university of Alabama will be on feb. 20th and 21st

I knew it had to be somewhere, but like all Disney websites, getting information about DCP is difficult. And of course the search function did nothing for me. I knew it would be faster just to ask here.

Hey everyone!

I just applied for the Disney College Program on Thursday since I had to redo my Resume and a few other minor things. I have been waiting for Fall Advantage/Fall 2012 applications to open up since August of 2011, and I am glad that they finally did!

I previously applied for Spring Advantage/Spring 2011 which I was turned down because I applied quite late in the semester (a few days before applications closed) which I have now learned from. The reason behind that is because the presentation was so late in the year, and I found out the week of. I was continually told during that application process to 'Wait 2 weeks' until I heard something, and eventually got two letters from Disney which none of my Cast Member friends had heard of.

Anyways, that is all in the past and I'm looking forward to Fall Advantage! So far I have applied (Thursday), received the web-based interview the same day (took it on Friday), and scheduled my Phone Interview (Saturday).

Right now I am trying to prepare and practice for my phone interview, and was wondering if there are helpful tips that anyone has?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter