College Program - Summer 2006

:yay: Hey yall,
I was just wondering if anyone else was going down May 22. It's almost two weeks away! I am so pumped. I think my friend and I are driving down there the day before. We are also going to this regional picnic tomorrow in New Orleans for all the new cast members in our area. Is anyone else doing custodial summer CP??
- Janet

I won't be down the 22, but I will be checking in on the 24! See you there!

My daughter was just accepted into the summer program in custodial. She's going May 22 to Aug. 11. She goes to West Virginia University. She's excited. :cool1:

Hi everyone!

I just got accepted on the new international J1 academic program where I'm gonna be a CP in merch for 6 months, then attractions for 6 months.

I arrive June 18th!

I'm sooooo excited I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

Ona x

Hey, I'm Taylor, and I'm working QSFB this summer. I'll be there from May 22-Aug 11. I'm 21, go to LSU, and I'm from Baton Rouge. Instead of studying for my finals, I'm on these boards. Can't wait to get there, I hope I get to meet y'all. Oh and by the way I'm just wondering how many people are driving down and how long every one's trip is?

I am driving down (with my dad) from NJ. It is about 18 hours long.

plutolovr said:
My daughter was just accepted into the summer program in custodial. She's going May 22 to Aug. 11. She goes to West Virginia University. She's excited. :cool1:

oh my gosh, its so nice to finally see someone else who is doing custodial!! i am doing custodial and also for the same dates. Maybe I will see her down there!

i'm driving about 17 hours with my dad and little sis. coming from the big OHio. i did the same thing with finals- screw them and just keep reading/posting on the boards cause you're going to disney world!!! btw the final week before you leave is a killer cause i'm driving myself crazy with anticipation (and my fam is about to kill me cause everyother word out of my mouth is disney this and disney that)
for everyone who is going down for the first time- it's amazing and you'll have a great time (if you couldn't tell by the number of cp alums on the board and all those who are going back for their second time)

ashley

oh my gosh, its so nice to finally see someone else who is doing custodial!! i am doing custodial and also for the same dates. Maybe I will see her down there!

She's happy she got custodial. She said she rather be out and about walking around the park than behind a food counter.

okay, so what is the deal with getting family and friends into the park on a discounted rate? and does this apply to hotels, etc?

also, are ppl bringing their parents to check-in? what forms do we need to fill out and will i know the answers (like employment forms?)? how long are ppl's parents staying in florida--i'm from new jersey and i need to schedule a flight home for the mom.

what do we do the first couple days?

sorry this is so many questions, but i'm one of those ppl who asks a lot of questions. hehe

-Katie- :surfweb:

last time i didn't have a parent come down with me for move in, but this time my father and sister are helping me move in ( we are having a family vacation the 3 days before). on check in day, you sign a few papers when you get there and then you get your apartment assignment, but your parents don't need to sign any papers unless you are under the age of 21. after that you are free till the afternoon (i think about 2pm) then you will have another meeting and then you'll be free till 8 or 9am the next day. the first day is a lot of unpacking cause you won't get your work schedule till the 2nd day and you may not have a day off to get unpacked until up to 6 days later (i got one 2 days later, but my roommate had to wait a whole week before a day off) also most new cps checking in on that day all want to go hang out at the parks that day and get to know eachother. your best bet might be to have your mom fly out that day- but that is up to you. hope that helps.

ashley

Hey Katie,

We do get discounted resort rates and ticket rates, and 3 free tickets for 3 people for up to 6 days. But sadly we don't get any of this until we get our Disney CM identity card thingie. From what I've heard we will get this like sometime between Day 2-4 of being down there, so you can't get discounted room rates for your parents when they are coming down with you.

The exact discounts and all that is explained very in depth on the disney college program website cast members area (like after you log in with your student ID and password and all that). There is a section all about the discounts. It sounds like it varies based on occupancy and crowd levels and such. I think we will still get a discount on rooms during the summer but it probably won't be as good a discount as during like February when no one is there.

I'm not bringing my parents to check in. They are hoping to come down for a family vacation sometime while I'm there but I can't book it till i can get the discounts!!

I am not positive about all the forms we fill out but I know there is a lot of details on that if you log in to the cast members area thing for the college program. There is also a section all about what we will be doing for the first few days. I think we check in on Day 1, and then start Traditions on either Day 2 or 3, but if you look at that website they have more info and details than you could ever want to know!! :)

Hope I helped a little! Maybe I will see you there!! Good luck :)

- Janet

one more thing (sorry i forgot )
the discounts start after the traditions class (usually on the third day) when you recieve your id badge. discounts are offered right away on that, but hotel rates are sort of crazy, during regular time (not thanksgiving, christmas, easter and maybe 4th of july-not sure) you get 40% off of one hotel room if it is not booked, only a certin number of hotel rooms are held for castmembers at one time, so your best bet is to call reservations with your cast id asap to see if you can get a ressie at that place for the time you want. good luck

ashley

Going down May 24th till January 5th! I can't wait. Me and a friend of mine are gonna be driving down. I got recreation but my friend has custodial. He is pumped for it actualy too. I am planning on driving down, making it a three day drive too. Might as well get some sightseeing out of the way on the drive down you know. Can't wait to see everyone there!!

sugahappy said:
yay!!!! i will be doing custodial too for the summer!! what day are you arriving on?? congrats and maybe ill be sweeping with you!! hehe

YAY!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

i'm arriving on may 22nd!

I know that they tell us we can be put anywhere, but everyone that I have talked to ended up in a park if they landed custodial or QSFB. Do yall think that's pretty much the case? Or am I gonna have to sell thirstbusters at the NASCAR driving experience?

it really depends on when you arrive and who is "hiring" that day and how many they need. when i checked in last time, i was on the last check in day and basically all the parks were full, so i got put in hotels. the way this works is that you aren't technically hired until you check in on that first day and then a computer program places you acording to who needs you and who has a welcome/training program scheduled on day 5 or 6. i ended up at a hotel because i arrived so late and there was no room left at the parks for me.
hope that helps,

ashley

Ooh, that is an interesting concept. I was placed in a park, but I never though about it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter