College Program - Summer 2006

uh oh. that is scary. i know there is at least one summer CP arrival date before mine which is May 22. I also know there are some fall advantage dates before my arrival date too. do those count even if it's people not in the same program? i'd guess that they would... I would really love to be in one of the main 4 parks!!! but i'm glad to be there period...

for the rest of yall arriving on may 22, are yall over/under 21?

sugahappy said:
uh oh. that is scary. i know there is at least one summer CP arrival date before mine which is May 22. I also know there are some fall advantage dates before my arrival date too. do those count even if it's people not in the same program? i'd guess that they would... I would really love to be in one of the main 4 parks!!! but i'm glad to be there period...

I am arriving on May 19th, and I turned 21 on May 6th :cool1:

the way this works is that you aren't technically hired until you check in on that first day and then a computer program places you acording to who needs you and who has a welcome/training program scheduled on day 5 or 6. i ended up at a hotel because i arrived so late and there was no room left at the parks for me.

Actually, that's not entirely true. When you accept your offer, the coordinator who works with your recruiter assigns you to a specific role. It's true that you're not technically hired until you check in, but that's because Disney can't officially hire you in SAP until you complete their new hire paperwork, including an I-9 form, without which you can't legally work. Distribution of CPs is planned well in advance of arrival dates, including planning for attrition.

When you call casting/college recruiting (college recruiting line overflow goes to the general WDW Jobline, and goes to the Jobline by default on the weekends since College Recruiting isn't there then) to ask questions and they look up your file in SAP? They can see where you'll be placed -- they're just not allowed to say where. ;)

sugahappy said:

i'm 19... and yeah, i want to be in one of the main parks too. :)

i'm 19 too! i'm QSFB and i want to be in a main park too. :3dglasses

ok so i was reading these posts last night and i saw "princessbride6205"'s signature and i was like omg that is the same exact day my sister got married in WDW and the same places!!!! haha so i figured it out that it was my sister. i'm so smart... :teeth:

i've been crazy busy studying for three finals in two days and writing a research paper and doing this other stupid report...i can't wait till 12 hours from now when i am done with school for the summer! :cool1:

I just turned 20. And i am the same, I would like to work in a park but i got no clue how many roles are offered in recreation that would place me in a theme park. But hey, I am not picky, I'll take anything!

ok so here's the thing. i put down my hometown for my nametag...but i just realized i should have put my university..is there any way to change this? :confused3

your best bet would to be to call them and tell them that you want it changed. but if they can't do that, you can get a new one made once you get down there, but i think it cost $5-$10

ashley

Right now it doesn't matter. No hometowns/schools are listed on the nametags- it is just names.

ahh!! well, i am 21, so i guess i won't be placed in the same apartment as any of yall :( oh well, maybe i will still see yall down there!!

i'm excited to be over 21 this time when i'm down there (happy dance), last time i was only 20 and it sucked not to be able to drink at pi or world showcase (hehe: around the world anyone? :), or being able to go to jellyrolls, but i'm so excited this time. i went there last year for springbreak and it was so much fun being over age!

ashley

I will be 20 when I start the CP, so I will have to go into Wellness again. Although, I will be having my birthday in July (yay!) and have made reservations in CRT for my birthday.

hey everyone... I will be 21 just days prior to my check-in :banana:

I know this probably counts for nothing, but I requested MK or Epcot while in my interview... Since Epcot is so filled with the international students, the interviewer was more keen to talk about MK spots... so maybe I will be working QSFB over there?

AS for the hotels reservations... are we allowed to make those now at CM rates like I think some of you are saying or do we have to wait until after Traditions like most of the other discounts??

Thanks!

the crappy part of checking into the program is that you have to wait until after traditions to get your discount for anything- including hotels. but usually they let you use your apartment id to get into the parks the first 2 days (or at least that is wh'at they did when i checked in and also when the program after me checked in).

ashley

I have already graduated from college.....but I went to Marshall University in WV and I am wondering why I never heard of the CP when I was in school?????

princessgirl2238 said:
last time i was only 20 and it sucked not to be able to drink at pi or world showcase (hehe: around the world anyone?
ashley

woot woot, im in

taylor2285 said:
woot woot, im in

heck yeah! we'll have to get a group together and go- i did around the world there on my springbreak and it was awesome! and don't have to worry about transportation b/c of the buses :) when do you check in? i check in a week from today (so excited to go back :) )!

That sounds great, the last time I went to WDW i was 16, and Florida is a "little" more harsh on under-age drinking than Louisiana, so it will definitely be wierd to drink there. I check in May 22 with my friend Janet, "sugahappy" who I'm sure won't complain about around the world either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter