Columbus Day

Was there in 2003... crowds were awful at the parks but not consistently awful. What I mean by that is, one day you would find heavy crowds at MK but light crowds at EPCOT, and the next day you would find crowds at MK light, but heavy at EPCOT.

Funny thing is our resort, BCV, did not seem very crowded, and crowds at SAB were moderate if they existed at all. Didn't have any trouble with last minute reservations at Cape Mays either.

We were there in 2004 and 2002. In general this time of year got a bit heavier (especially in Epcot because of the F&W Festival) in 2004. Over the weekend and on Monday, you'll have to do more careful planning than other days of the week. If you're going for a longer stay and Columbus Day is part of it, schedule an off day or a day at the less popular attractions that day. You can do fine if you go to things like shows that seat lots of people and if you use fast passes.

Now that I think about it, we decided last year to spend the Friday/Saturday nights in Ft. Lauderdale last year to visit relatives. The two main reasons were to save points and to avoid the Columbus weekend crowd.

We're planning our 2006 trip for that time also since my 2 dd's birthdays are a few days either side of Columbus Day. I'd rather go in Sept. again, but they've enjoyed spending their birthdays there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter