Come to Molokai Gram Con, 2/7 to 2/10!

Okay, it's definite. I'll be there for the big shindig.

Arriving the afternoon of the 6th, flying out the afternoon of the 10th.

I'll be down in january, too, but dates somewhat less certain.

OK I think there should be some handicapping. How about a non-Florida resident bonus for MIB points. I haven't played since last Feb and all 3 of my kids beat me bad. Glad to see you will be there Kelly. WE are checking in to the PB on the 9th and are departing on the 20th.
PS It pays to keep checking your rates. I got a great Loews reservationist who was able to do better that the sea to shining sea rate on 6 of my nights. She was great. It took her about 15 mins. on a toll free call. But I told her I had all the time in the world for savings. NOw I have $139.00 as opposed to $169.00 on some of the nights. I'll take that. More money for lunch at Mythos which by the way we tried last year because of these boards and I was very impressed. They were very food allergy conscious and to be honest our family liked it better than Emerils. So we will definitely be eating at Mythos again this year. It was our top restaurant. 2nd was Lombards. Then I have to give a two thumbs up to Sals Market Deli (PB) pizza. Didn't mean to go into a restaurant review. I guess I am getting excited. See you soon.
PPS How is the weather.!!!!!
Patti

Have a great time. Just wish I could go! :(

MIB999999 will be there 2/9 and 2/10. Maybe 2/8 in the pm depending on what the rest of you have planned and what is going on Mardi Gras wise:smooth:

bskmom: if MIB999999 or MsDis or rocketman23 or bucs300 or even Barry are there we can not give you a large enough handicap, any of us however will be glad to tell and show you what we know about which targets to hit:smooth:

I just did my reservation at Hard Rock. I will be arriving at about 8am do a precheck in and then get over to the park. Are there any thoughts yet for meets inside the parks.

MIB999999 - So no chance in winning Kelly's booK?!!!!! Tips will be fun though. Last year my boys met some guy in line while we were waiting for Mardis Gras float tickets (was it you?!!). He had lots of info on MIB tips. They couldn't wait to try them out. We didn't know about the exhaust until we met him. I like this ride because it doesn't matter how old you are just how well you aim. My boys (7 and 8) met so many people just by talking about MIB and how to get more points., They are big time into this game. It is the good thing about staying on site and getting the annual pass. Our family would bop over for a couple spins on MIB maybe a ride on Woody Wood pecker for my daughter and then head back to the pool. They were in heaven. At night we would let my husband ride a few coasters. I would scream on Jurassic Park river adventure and then a few more spins on MIB. What could be better for vacation.
Patti

Alright, did a family re-vote (like Floridians are famous for).... we're playing hooky on Friday. We'll get to PBH by 9 AM Friday the 8th. Gonna Mardi 2 nites now!!
Jim

Ahh Jim...:bounce: :D :bounce:
You sure know how to make a girl happy! Make sure Camille brings pictures of her soap box victories!

I am happy Kelly is coming. Have both of his books and he is the reason we added on Sea World last year and forced Barry to take us to Gatorland! ;) Since I will be visiting my parents before Universal this time, I am trying to talk them into a visit to Busch Gardens by quoting Kelly to them. (Anyone know a cheap, but classy hotel there? They are in their 70's and not used to what I can afford. LOL)

I cannot believe how this is all coming together.

Mahalo to each of you!

Donna

If you want a cheap hotel in Tampa, use Priceline. I found a hotel by the airport for $23! You can also try the Days Inn and Howard Johnson's across the street. I think their rates run around $40 to $50 a night. It isn't the PBH, but it's a room! :)

Do we need to have a reunion at Gatorland? I think we ought to "force" everyone to go to Sak Comedy Lab. :)

Donna,
I agree with Barry...try Priceline...you can punch in the number of stars you're not willing to go below, and the price you're willing to pay...I used them Wed. night, for Thurs. night. I figured if they could find me a room for $30, we would spend 2 days at Busch Gardens, and they got me the AmeriSuites for $30. The room I was in goes for $100 a night, normally! Don't know if I'd call it classy tho...I'm spoiled by Disney Resorts and it was nice, but not what I've grown accustomed to.
It's worth a shot tho...if you say 3 or 4 stars, you'll probably get a decent place at a very decent price! :)

Karen

bskmom: you will see a very detailed instruction thread for the MIB ride. They have made a permanant part of the universal site along with tips for how to get to the front of the line and things for kids to do at IOA. :D

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Thanks, Kelly! Maybe you ought to give a copy of your book to the MIB shoot-off winner. :)
How's about three books: my Universal guide, my "Other Orlando" guide, and "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" (not by me but put out by my publishing company)?

Just when is this shootout?

Also looks like my wife and I will be arriving in Orlando next Wednesday night. Anyone around then?

Originally posted by MsDisney
Donna,
I agree with Barry...try Priceline...you can punch in the number of stars you're not willing to go below, and the price you're willing to pay...I used them Wed. night, for Thurs. night. I figured if they could find me a room for $30, we would spend 2 days at Busch Gardens, and they got me the AmeriSuites for $30. The room I was in goes for $100 a night, normally! Don't know if I'd call it classy tho...I'm spoiled by Disney Resorts and it was nice, but not what I've grown accustomed to.
It's worth a shot tho...if you say 3 or 4 stars, you'll probably get a decent place at a very decent price! :)

Karen

Heck, I've bid on 1 star rooms and I usually get 2 star rooms. I haven't been revolted by any of the rooms I've gotten. Now if I told you about the Continental Motel in Kissimmee... :)

I wouldn't expect the Ritz for $30 a night, but I hear AmeriSuites are nice places.

Originally posted by kellymonaghan

How's about three books: my Universal guide, my "Other Orlando" guide, and "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" (not by me but put out by my publishing company)?

Just when is this shootout?

Also looks like my wife and I will be arriving in Orlando next Wednesday night. Anyone around then?

Kelly,
MIB999999 and sha_lyn and her group of 5 and MsDiz and her two sons will be at MIB 1/12 first thing in the AM for a little training and fun. You are more than welcome and of course MIB999999 will be at MYTHOS at 12:30 for lunch.
:smooth:

:wave: Hi Donna and Barry. :wave:

Barry mentioned 'Molokai Gram Con' in an e-mail, so I had to hop over to this board to check it out. :) I'm ni'eli ;) (did I spell that right Donna? :rolleyes: )

Anyhow, I just wanted to wish you guys a ton of fun in February. :)

Barry, please give Donna a great, big {{{hug}}} for me. :) Thanks. :)

Aloha,

Tia

"First thing in the AM" sounds a bit rough but I'll try. And lunch at Mythos sounds like a BRILLIANT idea! ;)

Wow! It's going to be great to meet everyone!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter