Come what May- We are going to Disney World! (May22,nd- May,29th, 2010).

Plans look great! We really liked our meal at Coral Reef. Just go with the flow and see how she does-you can always adjust your plans if needed.

Your plans look great!! I love Epcot. It has so much to offer.

:woohoo:WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO :woohoo: 4 MONTHS!!!

There's a few wal-marts and targts within 20 miles of disney:thumbsup2 also, there's a Goody's in the crossroad shopping center right outside od DTD. We've been shopping there the last few years and for it's location it offers us everything we need.

Thanks for the tip. I wrote down some addresses on my planning sheet. We don't need anything fancy, only some basic stuff, so I am sure it won't be hard to find it.

Hi Queila!! Sorry--I didn't realize you had a PTR going!! Yay!! As you know we are going to be there the same week!! And AKL--how fun!! Oh--and we'll be in MK on Thursday and Epcot on Friday, too!! In terms of groceries, I ordered mine on our last trip from www.gardengrocer.com. They deliver to your resort so you wouldn't have to go shopping that night AND you could watch Wishes from the Poly beach!! (which we might do as well) There is a charge for the delivery (I'm thinking $12) but it is very worth it!! And if you aren't at your resort when they deliver, Bells Services will hold them until you get back. It's so convenient!! Oh--and you will LOVE O'hana--the food is excellent and the atmosphere is cozy and fun!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the tip about the Gardengrocers. We will surely look into that. I would be really disappointed to have to miss out on the fireworks on the first night, specially since we will be going back to MK only once during our trip. And--- who knows?--- we might even bump at each other on the Thursday or the Friday! Do you know where you are eating those days? We will have breakfast at the Crystal Palave on the Thursday and then supper at Arkershus on the Friday. ;)

Jumping on to read! We should be there during the same time as long as our dates stay the same! Last year was my first time visiting Disney and my 3 year old came with me. He had a blast!
Welcome to my journal and thanks for siging up!
It looks like a lot of disers will be there at the same week.
Isn't Disney amazing for both kids and adults? I think three is a great age to visit Disney. I cannot wait to bring my daughter back--- lucky bugs--- so young and already visiting WDW multiple times!

Your plans sound great! I used Garden Grocer last year, too, and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them.

Thanks! We are definitely looking into Gardergrocer.:thumbsup2

Joining in--- :wave2: It's seems as if there will be a lot of DISers at Disney May 22 week. :woohoo:

I love that portrait of DH, you and your sweet Beatriz on the first post. Beautiful photo!

Becky beat me to the punch to recommend Garden Grocer for your supplies. ;) Place your order, and it's delivered to your resort. Couldn't be easier! :thumbsup2

Hey there! Welcome to my PTR! I know it seems like a lot of us will be there at the same time. It will be my first time at Disney at this time of the year. I have been twice in the Winter and got kindda spoiled with not having to deal with big crowds. I hope there's not too many people in the end of May. :rolleyes1

Thanks--I really love that picture too. Hard to believe she was once that tiny which makes me think it is time to post some more updated pictures around here. :cutie:

We are seriously considering the possibility of using Garden Grocer. It seems to be a popular choice. Thank you for the tip!

Hi, great pre-trip report so far. Your plans sound great. We are going the 2nd week in June and can't wait.

I think your plans for EPCOT sound great. As long as your DD will nap in the stroller, you should be fine. Hopefully, your DD (being the Nemo fan that she is) will stay occupied watching the fish tank during your lunch. :)

Going to the character spot first is a great idea. We did the same thing last June. We only waited about 2 minutes and later in the day the wait can get quite long. I'm actually a big fan of the character spot because you can meet Mickey's entire gang without waiting in separate lines. Plus the backgrounds make cute photos. They are very colorful and you don't have to worry about some kid in the background of your photos picking his nose or pitching a fit. :rotfl: Basically, you wait in line and then meet Mickey, then move on to Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. They all have their own area but the same line. Make sense? There are photos in both of my trip reports if you would like to see them. Also (last thing I promise), look around when you are in the hallway by the exit after you meet Goofy. Both times we saw additional characters there.

Happy planning.

Hello there! Welcome to my journal! :)
Thank you for the tips on the character spot. I think I have a better idea of what to expect now and I did look at the pictures at your journals. They look great BTW. The cute backgrounds do make a difference.

Beatriz do take naps every afetrnoon and gets kindda cranky if she does not so i am hoping the heat and the overload of information will make her pass out at some point in the afternoon. Last time we went she slept evryday in my baby carrier ( I call it a Kangourou) and it worked out great. I am thinking about bringing it back this time since she still fits in it. I can always transfer her to the stroller once she falls asleep.

And as for the lunch at Coral Reef i am not really concerned about her behaviour in the retaurant. She is used to it and I am pretty convinced the fish tanks will keep her entertained!

Happy 4 Months
:banana::banana:
:cheer2::
:):):):)

:dancer:4 months!!! Whoo hoo!!!:dancer:

Can you believe it is already only 4 months to go??? ;:banana::dance3: I am hoping they will pass FAST!

Plans look great! We really liked our meal at Coral Reef. Just go with the flow and see how she does-you can always adjust your plans if needed.

Exactly! As I said I do not care THAT much about the rides. Of course there are the one I would be disppointed if we don't get the chance of ridding (like Soaring for example) but we were at WDW in 2009 s I am good with whatever we are able to get out of this trip. This time around it is all about Beatriz.

Your plans look great!! I love Epcot. It has so much to offer.

Oh my--- I love Epcot too. You can't get bored there. I am kindda geeky and trust me I can spend A LOT of time exloring each pavillon.

Q

So since we are talking about Epcot Center let me go ahead and post some pictures of our last visit to Epcot on Jan. 30th, 2009.:thumbsup2

As I said before, the brother of a Brazilian friend was working at Downtown Disney. He was taking part of the International College Program and since it was his last week as a CM, we just packed our stuff and joined their family. It was a last minute trip but we just couldn't pass on some of the sweet deals (like free admission , for example). :woohoo:

So we landed at MCO at about noon, rented a big van, picked up my friend's brother and headed straight to the park. We got there at around 2 pm. It was very windy and cold but it was January and we could see palm trees so we were NOT going to complain about the weather.

We started by the Future World and if I remember correctly we did Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Soaring and Living with the Land.

n1142283436_360881_3774323.jpg

We ate at Sunshine Seasons and headed to World Showcase which we visited rather hurridly.

n1142283436_360882_1159302.jpg

In my opinion, Mexico is one of the most beautiful pavillons at the park ( I really love the Morroco theming also) and we spent a lot of time in there.

n1142283436_360883_254827.jpg

Look who I found!!! You don't see him very often but if you do not know who he is maybe you should watch this.

OgAAAHnFnGhdcGXZ3rjegmEoELmg9OLJiNtX06Om4YVpw0ocYf-IXlBAwOVqmvuRvm2f6wlPKNmwctyYC-aCjsnLRPAAm1T1UC03aQXA3FI-MaxbcpMa8EwFSb_F.jpg

I started AND finnished my attempt of drinking around the world with a margarita. Can't really take more than that. :laughing:

OgAAAIoftnQncpxy7Djd0e_b4o2ybGk6WknekmrSql0l0gB60ixeAVdMSrJyd8OzYt9x6nOOEM5VGIGOR7-26_IJ9BIAm1T1UM2vx_6Sli_K3j5PoBMXjfm7YSL1.jpg

Smooching in Germany.

OgAAAF0kKO7u3NLAV91KrYn6RblHOXPCxd3CZBigW9t8d8kpSXqX1LM51u8a84v8E2Vv8F6DR4Lt8sJSzrllwKE5UzAAm1T1UAvFhBnuI8aRR4DOA4jiIq7zQbFe.jpg

Morocco with Beatriz waking up from her nap wondering where in the world she is now.

n1142283436_360884_1708385.jpg

We finnished off the day watching Illuminations from a bad spot and I did not enjoy it at all because by this time my daughter had decided she had had enough and just wanted to be out of there.

I guess it was too much for a 14 month old. I mean, you get up in freezing Montreal and end up your day under fireworks in Florida. :confused3 Not mentioning the fact that we had spent the night before at the hospital suspecting she was getting dehidration from a bad diarrhea. And nope. We did not tell the doctor we had a trip planned to WDW the very next day. :rolleyes1

After a big day like that, we still had to check in our hotel (it was in Orlando somewhere), umpack and get ready for the days to come.

Q​

Your EPCOT plans sound great and the pics from your trip last year are too cute! We are trying Coral Reef for the first time also. I hope it's good....:laughing:

Thanks for the tip about the Gardengrocers. We will surely look into that. I would be really disappointed to have to miss out on the fireworks on the first night, specially since we will be going back to MK only once during our trip. And--- who knows?--- we might even bump at each other on the Thursday or the Friday! Do you know where you are eating those days? We will have breakfast at the Crystal Palave on the Thursday and then supper at Arkershus on the Friday. ;)

No problem!!! Glad to help!! Yes, on Thursday we are having dinner at Crystal Palace and on Friday we're having dinner at Le Cellier!! :goodvibes

That's awesome. We'll be there May 22nd thru May 29th too but we're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. It'll be our 6 year old sons first trip to disney and he's so excited.

Your EPCOT plans sound great and the pics from your trip last year are too cute! We are trying Coral Reef for the first time also. I hope it's good....:laughing:

Thanks. :goodvibes We are so looking forward to our meal at the Coral Reef I seriously doubt we will be disappointed. I cannot wait to try the Chocolate Wave. Hmmmmmm!

Great photos. Your DD is adorable.

Thank you! :)

That's awesome. We'll be there May 22nd thru May 29th too but we're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. It'll be our 6 year old sons first trip to disney and he's so excited.

Hey there! Welcome to my PTR! :thumbsup2 We are shaping up to be a great crowd of DISers that week!

Q

Planning for May, 24th, 2010

It turns out I need a little help planning our day at Animal Kingdom. My experience in that park is very limited but I already have a great idea of what I want and what I don't want to do.
We dedicated half a day to Animal Kingdom in Jan. 2009 but this time I want to do it "right". :laughing:

So we are planning to get there at 8 am to take advantage of the morning EMH and hopefully not leave the park too late.

So here's our strategy. Please tell me what you think.

1- Expedition Everest first thing in the morning;
2- It's tough to be a bug;
3- Get FP for K. Safari;
4- Pangani Forest;
5- Wildlife Express train to visit Affection Section. Ride train back;
6- Ride K. Safari using FP;
7- Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (St. Louis ribs anyone?);
8- Festival of the Lion King;
9- take pictures at Camp Minnie-Mickey;
10- Finding Nemo- the musical (an ABSOLUTE must- do since we missed it last time);
11- Flights of Wonder (NOT a must -do);
12- Playtime at the Boneyard.

So...what do you think? Doable? Will that take us the whole day? Or would we be able to do it all before the parade at 3h45? We are totally Ok missing out on Dinosaur, Kali Rapids and Pimeval Whirl. We want to focus on the attraction that will make Beatriz happy.

We will have super at BOMA that night and our reservation is for 20h00. Ideally we would go back to our hotel and "relax" before super but we are willing to stay at the park the whole day if that's what it takes to get everything done in a moderate pace.

As for my snack credit, I am seriously considering using it with an ice cream cookie sandwich at Dino Bites sometime in the afternoon.

Disney036.jpg

Don't you start drooling just looking at it???

Ps. The ice cream cookie sandwich picture is not mine. I found it somewhere else here at the boards. No copyright infringement intended. ;)

I think these plans look good! Have you looked at the touring plans in the UG or TGM? I've used the UG before with great success.

I'm so excited for my DD to see Festival of the Lion King and Nemo when we go to AK! I'm not sure what day we'll be there yet, but those are musts for us!

And I really enjoyed Flights of Wonder. If you have time you should definitely see it.

Oh, my, I didn't see your picture before! That looks AMAZING, and yes, I am drooling!

2- It's tough to be a bug;
3- Get FP for K. Safari;
4- Pangani Forest;
10- Finding Nemo- the musical (an ABSOLUTE must- do since we missed it last time);
11- Flights of Wonder (NOT a must -do);
12- Playtime at the Boneyard.

So...what do you think? Doable? Will that take us the whole day? Or would we be able to do it all before the parade at 3h45? We are totally Ok missing out on Dinosaur, Kali Rapids and Pimeval Whirl. We want to focus on the attraction that will make Beatriz happy.

We will have super at BOMA that night and our reservation is for 20h00. Ideally we would go back to our hotel and "relax" before super but we are willing to stay at the park the whole day if that's what it takes to get everything done in a moderate pace.

Disney036.jpg

Don't you start drooling just looking at it???

Thanks a lot! I'm not drooling but I did start licking my screen. :lmao:

I think your AK plan looks good but here are a few comments anyway.

1. Expedition Everest will be busy so doing it first makes sense.
2. I would save It's Tough to Be a Bug till later in the day. It is a nice air conditioned break and the line never really gets very long. Also, put DD in your lap. Some kids get scared of the show.
4. You will be back tracking a bit. The Majaranha (I know I spelled that wrong) Trail is close to the Safari ride but it's not open during early EMH.
8. Festival of the Lion King is my favorite!

I don't think your missing much in Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl and Kali River Rapids. But are you not interested in Triceratops Spin? It's like a Dinosaur version of Dumbo. The line is about 30-40 minutes during the peak part of the day.

You could do this:
2- Send one person to get FP for K. Safari.
3- Pangani Trail - By then extra magic hour should be over.
4- Triceratops Spin
10- It's Tough to Be a Bug
11- Finding Nemo- the musical (an ABSOLUTE must- do since we missed it last time); or It's Tough t
12- Flights of Wonder (NOT a must -do);
13- Playtime at the Boneyard.

Yum!! That ice cream sandwich is making my mouth water!! Sorry--I can't help you much on the AK plans--we had 11 inches of rain when we were there last year. All plans were thrown out the window!!

I think these plans look good! Have you looked at the touring plans in the UG or TGM? I've used the UG before with great success.

I'm so excited for my DD to see Festival of the Lion King and Nemo when we go to AK! I'm not sure what day we'll be there yet, but those are musts for us!

And I really enjoyed Flights of Wonder. If you have time you should definitely see it.

Thanks for the tip on Flights of Wonder. We will make an effort to see it. It is hard to plan with much certainty when you do not have the schedule for the shows but I am hoping we can fit it all in one day.

And I am sure your daughter will love the Festival of the Lion King. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it last year.

Thanks a lot! I'm not drooling but I did start licking my screen. :lmao:

I think your AK plan looks good but here are a few comments anyway.

1. Expedition Everest will be busy so doing it first makes sense.
2. I would save It's Tough to Be a Bug till later in the day. It is a nice air conditioned break and the line never really gets very long. Also, put DD in your lap. Some kids get scared of the show.
4. You will be back tracking a bit. The Majaranha (I know I spelled that wrong) Trail is close to the Safari ride but it's not open during early EMH.
8. Festival of the Lion King is my favorite!

I don't think your missing much in Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl and Kali River Rapids. But are you not interested in Triceratops Spin? It's like a Dinosaur version of Dumbo. The line is about 30-40 minutes during the peak part of the day.

You could do this:
2- Send one person to get FP for K. Safari.
3- Pangani Trail - By then extra magic hour should be over.
4- Triceratops Spin
10- It's Tough to Be a Bug
11- Finding Nemo- the musical (an ABSOLUTE must- do since we missed it last time); or It's Tough t
12- Flights of Wonder (NOT a must -do);
13- Playtime at the Boneyard.

Thank for all the helpful tips. :thumbsup2I took note of everything. It is shaping up to be a wonderful day at Animal Kingdom. It is actually one of the days I am most excited about since I do not know much about it. Cannot wait to explore it more this time around.

How did I ever miss one of those? I may not even share......:rolleyes1

Share?? Who said anything about sharing?? :laughing: :laughing:

Yum!! That ice cream sandwich is making my mouth water!! Sorry--I can't help you much on the AK plans--we had 11 inches of rain when we were there last year. All plans were thrown out the window!!

Oh my... let's keep hoping no rain will bother our plans this time around. I am picturing a super sunny day. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Q

I think your Epcot and AK plans look great! We had an AK day that was very similar to that last fall and we finished up around 3 pm. (I think) We didn't go to the Affection Section, but we did ride Kali and Dinosaur, and we rode EE multiple times.

Hi Q! We never have trouble doing what we want to accomplish in AK. We do our number 1 and 2 just the opposite of what you've written. We usually do the safari first but I send Joe over to EE to get fastpasses while the girls and I are heading over to the safari. By the time we get to the safari he isn't far behind us. We do the safari together then head over to EE. We usually have both done pretty quickly. The rest of the day we do Nemo, FOTLK, ITTBAB, etc. Historically, during this week the other attractions don't usually have a lot of wait times. Luckily we went to AK on the first day of our trip last year and we didn't have the rain Becky did. It was the only park we did without downpours. I'm hoping the weather is similar to 2008 & before. I have sunny days in mind also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter