Comparing resort sizes

nyy

Mouseketeer
We have booked a stay at Pop for June. We have never stayed there, but have stayed at ASMusic, ASMovies, POR, and POFQ. (And WL, but that’s one main building)
I am asking about the layout of the resorts buildings, not the inside of the rooms. I know FQ is likely the smallest or shortest walk from the farthest buildings to lobby.
How does Pop compare to these resorts?

Pop has similar layout as the All Stars but POP has 4 stories and the others have 3.
If you want a room close to Food Court I suggest a Preferred room, IMO it’s a bit of a walk if your not.
POP is fun, has a great food court

We stayed at Pop in Dec, it’s huge. It has 800 more rooms than POR. It you look at the resort maps comparing Pop and Allstars, the buildings are arranged width wise at Pop, where the buildings at Allstars go back length wise. I think Allstars have the possibility of longer walks if your room is in the back of the resort. That being said, we were in the furthest room in building #7, in the 80’s at Pop and it was a long walk to the main building and bus. Ugh.
But once we had a room (not preferred) in 70’s looking out at central courtyard and it was not a bad walk.
I think at Pop more so than at Por or pofq room location can make or break the stay.

FQ is smaller by so much there isn't even a close 2nd
I've stayed single nights in All Stars and Pop and I have no measurements but having walked from remote rooms in both I'm going to guess that Pop is considerably larger than AS resorts. As long as you are talking each independently, not all 3 All Stars combined.
We've had multiple stays at POR and it isn't the same comparison as it has multiple bus stops so you never have to walk to the main one unless you want to. And even then, the walk to the lobby felt shorter but it may be close to the same as Pop

FQ is smaller by so much there isn't even a close 2nd
I've stayed single nights in All Stars and Pop and I have no measurements but having walked from remote rooms in both I'm going to guess that Pop is considerably larger than AS resorts. As long as you are talking each independently, not all 3 All Stars combined.
We've had multiple stays at POR and it isn't the same comparison as it has multiple bus stops so you never have to walk to the main one unless you want to. And even then, the walk to the lobby felt shorter but it may be close to the same as Pop
From my experience POR is nowhere near the same distance as the far rooms at Pop. We always stay in the mansions section and once stayed in the furthest room in Parterre Pl and even that wasn’t a bad walk.

Thank you, all, for your replies!
I know preferred is closer, but we hate the noise from the afternoon pool parties ( do they really need to use a microphone?!) and many of the preferred rooms are in the 60s where the main pool is.

I know preferred is closer, but we hate the noise from the afternoon pool parties ( do they really need to use a microphone?!) and many of the preferred rooms are in the 60s where the main pool is.
The standard rooms in the 60's are much quieter than the preferred rooms. I'd book a standard room and request the 60's.

As for a room on the back side of a building, if you are worried. Or to be in the 50s. My room there was very quiet. But unless you pay for a preferred pool view you should be away from that noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter