COMPLETE ~ Alphabet ATC swap!

Michi Belle

"There must be more than this provincial life"
Hi all! Sign-ups for this swap will be on February 25th at 9:30am. I hope to see some newbies & oldies palying!

Sign-Ups February 25th
check in:
March 4th to make sure groups are good
April 1st
May 1st
May 15th (Mail date)
Due Date May 25th

How to Make and Share Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)

ATCs Are Born to Be Shared Not Sold

An ATC is the same size as a standard trading card for baseball, football, & other sports & character themes. ATCs, like their commercial counterparts, fit easily into the plastic sleeves made for collecting cards.

ATCs & Mail Art

An ATC is just that, a trading card…An ATC is not meant to be sold or auctioned. It is meant to be given away or traded. A great & fun way to get into art & inexpensive compared to regular crafting. You can use other Mediums on the paper you use. It’s a great way to show your vision & creativity to others. Anything does as long the art is original & yours.

The only rule when making an ATC is that is MUST measure 2.5 x 3.5 (pr 3.5 x 2.5 for vertical renderings). It is best to use cardstock, watercolor, or acrylic paper as the base of your card. It is possible to use this cardboard or paperboard.

You can apply ink, stamping, cut up a card, oil paint, acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pastels, pencil, or really anything that marks an image. The images can be in color, black & white, or layered colors. Attachments are good as long as the main card itself remains relatively flat.

It is important to put the following on the back of each ATC you make:
Your name
Your username on the website you are trading with
Your email address
The title of the work if it as one
The medium & the date
If you have created a series, any number of ATCs in the same theme need to be numbered with the original number etc. 1/5 2/5.
The reason for putting this info on the back is: you may want to contact the artist & see what exactly they used for that card.
Or maybe you like it so much you’d like them to make more for you in the future. You can purchase an ATC stamp for the info on the back of your cards.
There are some people out there that will throw a couple of commercially produced stickers on a card & call it art. For the person who spent an hour creating an original image receiving a card of stickers is very disappointing.
Please use good judgment on the ATCs you are making. Be creative as possible. If this is something you can see your self getting into, you can purchase an ATC carousel from 7 Gypsies. That way you can put the carousel on your desk & enjoy them. It will start to look like a “FAT” book. It’s so much to skim through them.
Also when you go to a crafting convention, some people wear a button that says “ I trade ATCs” & they come flocking. You want to make several of each one & keep them in a binder when you are trading. Make sure you keep an original for yourself.

These tips are from Pam Gaulin & were found on the internet.

PACKAGING:

Please include a return address label in your package & the amount it costs to be mailed back to you. At Walmart, they sell ATC size clear sleeves in the baseball section. Each ATC must be in it’s own little sleeve or baggie. The sleeves are very cheap & won’t break the bank to get them. If everyone packages them the same, there should not be any conflict on how to fit them & everyone else’s bags. Each group much be in it’s own larger ZIPLOCK baggie.
Each ATC MUST be marked with the person’s name & group name.

MATTING & ARTWORK:

Each ATC must have at least two pieces of paper on it to make it thicker so it will last for years to come. I recommend putting some type of thicker cardboard to back them. Please do not use cereal box cardboard, because they have oils in them & will change the color of the ATC in time.
Please use good judgment on your ATC’s. A lot of people spend a lot of time & effort on them & they would like to get really nice quality back in return.
Just to add, there will not be stickers allowed at ALL in this swap please, unless they are a paper piecing type of sticker that is 3D. If you are using a thin piece of cardstock , it must be matted, so it will last for years to come. Must be embellished at least 2 or 3 times please. Inking & distressing is absolutely welcome, this is not considered an embellishment. It’s a technique. It’s not fare for people who put a lot of work & emphemera on them, & all they get back is a distressed piece of paper. So please add another embellie to your distressing. Thank you & have fun!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know if we want to do Inchies again for this swap as well. If so, each inchie must have your name on the back & group letter just in case they fall out of the baggie so I know which inchie goes where.

This is an alphabet swap. Unless we get 26 people signed up, I will have 1 group of 9. 9 people will have to choose 3 letters for their ATC to stand for. So for etc. “P” will be for “P”irate. Please let me kow if you have questions. I hope we all have fun with this & I’m very excited!!! Thanks a bunch!

SLIDESHOW
Goofysmate.jpg

The Lovely Ladies

123SA-E,F & Y ~
AlexWyattMommy-A, H & M ~
GoofysMate-D,& K, N ~
Jen M (My friend)-B & G, Q ~
MazdaUK-L,S & U ~
Michi Belle-P & V,Z ~
NiteOwlGal-C & X ~
Piratetink-O & T, W ~
Tammy-(My friend) J & R, I ~

ATC ALPHABET SWAP

A-AWM-Aurora

B-Jen M.

C-Cat-NiteOwlGal(My friend Sharon)

D-GoffysMate (DONE)

E-123SA-

F-123SA-Fleur Di Lis

G-Jen M-

H-AWM-Halloween

I-Tammy

J-Tammy(my friend)

K-GoofysMate-Knight (DONE)

L-MazdaUK

M-AWM-Mickey

N-GoofysMate-Nemo (DONE)

O-Piratetink-Owl

P-Michi Belle-Pirate (DONE)

Q-Jen M.

R-Tammy-

S-MazdaUK-Scrapping or Scooter

T-Piratetink-Tinkerbell

U-MazdaUK-Umbrella

V-Michi Belle-Villans

W-PirateTink-Woody

X-NiteOwlGal-Xrays(My friend Sharon)

Y-123SA-Yummy

Z-MichiBelle-Zebra

INCHIES CANCELLED!!!!!

I might have to be sucked in........ I can just see a full set mounted and hanging in my hallway:goodvibes

BTW I don't have a Wallmart - ASDA is part of the family but doesn't sell anything I want (like scrap stuff:rolleyes1):headache:

Its not as bad as doing an alpabet swap, as you only have to make one item (x2) where as for alphabet swaps its two whole pages for wach letter, or 4 elements or whatever:thumbsup2

Its not as bad as doing an alpabet swap, as you only have to make one item (x2) where as for alphabet swaps its two whole pages for wach letter, or 4 elements or whatever:thumbsup2

True! I'm excited about this one. Are we wanting to do inchies too?

I've never made an ATC or took part in a swap before but i'm tempted to give both a go :)

That sounds great! I hope you will play. The more the merrier.

Ok, so Ihave two people intereted in inchies anyone else? Anyone else going to play with ATC's as well? Thanks a bunch!

I will do 2+ spots in the ATC, if it is Disney tho ..

I LOVE ATC's as you can use them for so so many things .. either on a card, on your page, as a mini album, you name it ..

If it was just generic, well I can get that anywhere lol .. but I like Disney!

Just let me know .. if I don't respond quickly, I am around, but probably at a cheer comp .. this is the height of comp season ..

Hey everyone. days until sign up's. Let me know if you have other ideas for the inchies. Thanks!

Hi all. Tomorrow is sign-ups for the ATC alphabet swap at 9:30am. If you are not going to be around for sign-ups but want a certain letter, let me know & I will post for you. But make sure to put other choices just in case someone else asked for it.
I will do sign-ups on this thread & I will post open at the top. I hope to see old faces & new ones on here. It's so fun getting back little peices of art. Thanks a bunch!

Yay, that sounds good. I'm wondering how we will do this if we don't have 13 people. I hope we do, becuase 13 people really isn't that many. I can always take on more letters if I need to. I'm glad you are going to play!:banana:

26/ 3 is 9 approx
26/4 is 7 approx

we could do less but take on more sets if you know what I mean. It all works out to be the same. Someone may have to double up on something but we'll make it work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter