• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COMPLETE ~ Animal Kingdom Swap

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Animal Kingdom swap is now closed but active!!! This is now the progress thread for the remainder of the swap!!!!!

ETA: This is open to all swappers.. veteran or newbie!!! :)

If for some reason a group does not fill I will post a note to see what majority wants to do either drop or merge w/another group.

Due Date: June 16, 2010. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is June 11th to make sure the package arrives to me on time. The due date is FIRM as we are leaving for vacation the following week. I will have these back out by June 19th.

Required check-ins will be:
1 May 4th: check groups/info to me
2 May 20th
3 June 3rd
4 June 11th (mail by date)

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

:thumbsup2 I will open up additional groups if there is interest!!! :thumbsup2

This is an element only swap.

Groups A thru J will be to make 2 elements from the list below.

Groups K thru Q are altered letter only groups. Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative.
Group K thru Q are where you will make the first letter of the word only. Like, if you choose Pirates, you would make the P and when everyone gets it back they can add the "irates" to it anyway they want or just use the "P" on their page.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

PrincessNancy 96
Nancy A…..
Group A

Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, (for Groups K- N, you may use a quart size bag) and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not. Please mark all bags w/ above information. **Please note on altered letter groups if you wish you could package all the letters into 1 quart size baggie; without having to bag each letter individually.

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after June 8th [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER June 11th. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors. ** Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)**

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

ELEMENT GROUPS:
This is an element only swap. The requirement for Group A through Group J will be to make 2 elements from the list below.

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles, mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD, altered letter (matted @ 4" & embellished).
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photo mats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
3 altered paper clips
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches & embellished

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photo mat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

ELEMENT GROUPS:

A. Discovery Island MAKE 2
1. Tree of Life ~ BAMB
2. Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade - lovemy3kiddos

B. Camp Minnie-Mickey/Africa FULL MAKE 5
1. Festival of the Lion King - PirateTink
2. Greeting Trails- PN96
3. Harambe Village - lovemy3kiddos
4. Kilimanjaro Safari - hffmnheidi (j. box/ tags)
5. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - sarah <3 Disney

C. Rafiki’s Planet Watch CLOSED lack of interest

D. For some reason dropped this out of the alphabet! Sorry!!

E. Asia - FULL MAKE 4
1. Flights of Wonder – PirateTink
2. Kali River Rapids - PN96
3. Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain - BAMB
4. Maharajah Jungle Trek - Sarah <3 Disney

F. DinoLand U.S.A. - MAKE 2
1. The Boneyard - lovemy3kiddos
2. Cretaceous Trail - 123SA

G. DinoLand Continued - closed lack of interest

H. Lands - MAKE 3
1. Animal Kingdom - lovemy3kiddos
2. Oasis - icesk8abc
3. Discovery Island - sarah <3 Disney

I. Lands #2 - MAKE 3
1. Africa - sarah <3 Disney
2. Asia – lovemy3kiddos
3. DinoLand U.S.A. - 123SA

J. Shows: MAKE 2
1. Finding Nemo- The Musical - lovemy3kiddos
2. Festival of the Lion King Sarah <3 Disney
3. Flight of Wonder - sarah <3 Disney
4. It’s Tough To Be A Bug - lovemy3kiddos

Altered letter Groups: Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative. **Please note on altered letter groups if you wish you could package all the letters into 1 quart size baggie; without having to bag each letter individually.

K: Lands: MAKE 7
A: Animal Kingdom - SIOH
O: Oasis - lovemy3kiddos

C: Camp Minnie & Mickey - AWM
A: Africa - PN96
R: Rafiki’s Planet Watch - DIT
A: Asia - Disneyland_Em
D: Dinoland - BAMB

L. Animals (you pick animal & it’s the first letter only) MAKE 4FULL
1. T: Tiger - DIT
2. G: Gorilla - PirateTink
3. Z: Zebra - 123SA
4. C: Crocodile - lovemy3kiddos

L1. Animals FULL MAKE 4
1. F: Flamingo - PN96
2. E: Elephant - BAMB
3. L: Lion - hffmnheidi
4. G: Giraffe - lovemy3kiddos

M. Shows: FULL MAKE 5
1. N: Finding Nemo- The Musical - DisneyBarlans
2. L: The Lion King - BAMB
3. F: Flight of Wonder: DIT
4. B: It’s Tough To Be A Bug: AWM
5. M: Musicians: PrinceBear/PN96

N. Thrill Rides FULL MAKE 5
1. E: Everest - disneyland_em
2. K: Kali River Rapids - rlovew
3. S: Kil. Safari - lovemy3kiddos
4. P: Primeval Whirl - PN96
5. D: Dinosaur - PirateTink

N1: Thrill Rides FULL MAKE 4
1. E: Everest -BAMB
2. K: Kali River Rapids- MT
3. S: Kil. Safari - SIOH
4. P: Primeval Whirl - PN96
5. D: Dinosaur - PN96

O. Restaurants - CLOSED lack of interest.

P. Characters (you choose: known characters @ AK. Rafiki, Lilo, Stitch, Baloo, King Louie, DeVine, Pocahontas, Kodak, Briar gang, Safari Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Flik & Princess Atta, Timon, Chip & Dale, Meeko) FULL MAKE 4
1. B: Balloo lovemy3kiddos
2. R: Rafiki Disneyland_Em
3. P: Pocahontas PirateTink
4. F: Flik Mickster

P1: Characters (you choose: known characters @ AK. Rafiki, Lilo, Stitch, Baloo, King Louie, DeVine, Pocahontas, Kodak, Briar gang, Safari Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Flik & Princess Atta, Timon, Chip & Dale, Meeko) FULL MAKE 4

1. L: Lilo - PN96
2. S: Stitch - SIOH
3. K: Koda - BAMB
4. P: Pocahontas - sanapp

P2: Characters FULL MAKE 3
1. D: Devine - lovemy3kiddos
2. C&D: Chip & Dale - DIT
3. L: King Louie - lovemy3kiddos
4. J: Jiminy Cricket - PN96

Q. Safari Themed Characters (there letter must be Safari themed: by colors {tan, brown, green, cream, patterned papers w/ these colors is okay}, embellishments) FULL MAKE 4
1. M: Mickey - SIOH
2. M: Minnie - PN96
3. G:Goofy - lovemy3kiddos
4. D: Donald - Disneyland_Em

Q1: FULL MAKE 4
1. M: Mickey - lovemy3kiddos
2. M: Minnie -DisneyBarlans
3. G: Goofy - BAMB
4. D: Donald - PirateTink

NEW ADDITIONS REQUESTS:

Altered Letter Groups R-W: Make your letters 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. Each group will have its own color scheme. Please stick to the color scheme selected for each group. If there is an odd number the person w/ just 1 letter will make an additional element from the element list in the related color scheme. **Please note on altered letter groups if you wish you could package all the letters into 1 quart size baggie; without having to bag each letter individually.

**Swappers: it has come to my attention a few times in this swap that sometimes the colors in the color scheme just doesn't flow quite right... if you find that is occuring.. PLEASE go with your gut and make what makes you feel good... WE will all LOVE the pieces and they will all look GREAT together!!! Use the color scheme more as a guide.....

R. EVEREST Color Scheme: Brown/tan, dark Green, ice green and blue, and white/cream FULLMAKE 7
E DisneyBarlans
V lovemy3kiddos
E Hopemax
R NM07
E DIT
S mycutiepatooties
T123SA

S. SAFARI Color Scheme: greens, browns, orange, and animal prints. FULL MAKE 6
S: lovemy3kiddos
A: DIT
F: PN96
A: prince c
R: hopemax
I: NM07

S1: SAFARI Color Scheme: greens, browns, orange, and animal prints. FULL MAKE 6
S: PirateTink
A: DisneyBarlans
F: AWM
A: 123SA
R: mycutiepatooties
I: sanapp

Group T: dumped because of lack of interest!

U: ADVENTURE *pick 2 letters** Color Scheme: greens, browns, orange, and animal prints. Full MAKE 5
1. A & extra goodie - PN96
2. E & T - MT
3. D & E - SIOH
4. V & R - hopemax
5. U & N - DisneyBarlans

U1: ADVENTURE *pick 2 letters** Color Scheme: greens, browns, orange, and animal prints. FULL MAKE 5
1. E & E Sanapp
2. T & R PirateTink
3. A & N DIT
4. U & V Mickster
5. D & extra goodie AWM

V: WILD Color Scheme: W: Black& White (Zebra); I- orange and black (tiger) L- tan and brown (giraffe) and D- Shades of Grey (elephant) You could use animal prints on these as the top layer if you wish! FULL MAKE 4
W: sanapp
I: DIT
L: lovemy3kiddos
D: DisneyBarlans

V1: WILD Color Scheme: W: Black& White (Zebra); I- orange and black (tiger) L- tan and brown (giraffe) and D- Shades of Grey (elephant) You could use animal prints on these as the top layer if you wish! FULL MAKE 4
W: PN96
I: BAMB
L: SIOH
D: MT

V2: WILD Color Scheme: W: Black& White (Zebra); I- orange and black (tiger) L- tan and brown (giraffe) and D- Shades of Grey (elephant) You could use animal prints on these as the top layer if you wish! FULL MAKE 4
W: AWM
I: 123SA
L: PirateTink
D: hopemax

V3: FULL MAKE 4
W: DIT
I: AWM
L: princessjordan
D: mycutiepatooties

W. ANIMAL KINGDOM **pick 2 letters** Color Scheme: Green, Brown & Pale Yellow FULL MAKE 7
1. M & icon- DIT
2. I & N - AWM
3. A & D - DisneyBarlans
4. I & G - NM07
5. O & A lovemy3kiddos
6. L & K - SIOH
7. N & M - PN96

W1: ANIMAL KINGDOM **pick 2 letters** Color Scheme: Green, Brown & Pale Yellow FULL MAKE 7
1. N & I - hopemax
2. K & D - PirateTink
3. A & L - 123SA
4. N & O - mycutiepatooties
5. M & icon - PN96
6. G & M - BAMB
7. A & I - DIT

X. MICKEY Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints FULL MAKE 6
M: MT
I: lovemy3kiddos
C: DisneyBarlans
K:SIOH
E: NM07
Y: PN96

X1: MICKEY Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints
M: mycutiepatooties MAKE 6
C: Hopemax
K: princessjordan
E: DIT
Y: rlovew

Y. MINNIE Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints, red FULL /B] MAKE 6
M: princessjordan
I: rlovew
N: mycutiepatooties
N: disneyland_em
I: DIT
E: BAMB

Y1: MINNIE Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints, red FULL MAKE 6
M: NM07
I: MT
N: lovemy3kiddos
N: SIOH
E: PN96

Z. DONALD Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints, blue FULL MAKE 6
D: MT
O:SIOH
N: 123SA
A: NM07
L: mycutiepatooties
D: PN96

ZZ. GOOFY Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints FULL MAKE 5

G: NM07
O: mycutiepatooties
O: princessjordan
F: BAMB
Y: Hopemax

ZZ1: GOOFY Color Scheme: tan, brown, green, cream, animal prints FULL MAKE 5
G: SIOH
O: PN96
O: 123SA
F: AWM
Y: MT

Required check-ins will be:
1 May 4th: check groups and send info to me. :yay: everyone checked in by 5/5
2 May 20th :yay: Everyone checked in by 5/21
3 June 3rd :cheer2: Everyone checked in by 6/3
4 June 11th (mail by date)

Mailed to me
Received by me
Returned to you popcorn::
HOME :woohoo:

Due Date: June 16, 2010. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is June 11th to make sure the package arrives to me on time. The due date is FIRM as we are leaving for vacation the following week. I will have these back out by June 19th.

Number to be made per group!!!

Element Groups:

Group A: Make 2
Group B: Make 5
Group E: Make 4
Group F: Make 2
Group H: Make 3
Group I: Make 3
Group J: Make 2

4" Altered Letter Groups

Group K: Make 7
Group L: Make 4
Group L1: Make 4
Group M: Make 5
Group N: Make 5
Group N1: Make 4
Group P: Make 4
Group P1: Make 4
Group P2: Make 3
Group Q: Make 4
Group Q1: Make 4

2" Altered Letter Groups

**Swappers: it has come to my attention a few times in this swap that sometimes the colors in the color scheme just doesn't flow quite right... if you find that is occuring.. PLEASE go with your gut and make what makes you feel good... WE will all LOVE the pieces and they will all look GREAT together!!! Use the color scheme more as a guide.....

Group R: Make 7
Group S: Make 6
Group S1: Make 6
Group U: Make 5
Group U1: Make 5
Group V: Make 4
Group V1: Make 4
Group V2: Make 4
Group V3: Make 4
Group W: Make 7
Group W1: Make 7
Group X: Make 6
Group X1: Make 6
Group Y: Make 6
Group Y1: Make 6
Group Z: Make 6
Group ZZ: Make 5
Group ZZ1: Make 5

Players & Groups

BAMB - A, E, K, L1, M, N1, P1, Q1, V1, W1, Y, ZZ :woohoo: @ Grams for DISNEY delivery
PirateTink - B, E, L, N, P, Q1, S1, U1, V2, W1 :woohoo:
hffmnheidi - B, L1 :woohoo:
sarah <3 disney - B, E, H, I, J :woohoo: @ Grams for DISNEY delivery
lovemy3kiddos- A, B, F, H, I, J, K, L, L1, N, P1, P2, Q, Q1, R, S, V, W, X, Y1 :woohoo:
AWM -K, M, S1, U1, V2, V3, W, ZZ1 :woohoo:
Disneyland_Emily - K, N, P, Q, Y ~ :woohoo:
DIT - K, L, M, P2, R, S, U1, V, V3, W, W1, X1, Y :woohoo:
DisneyBarlans - M, Q1, R, S1, U, V, W, X :woohoo:
MickeyTeacher - N1, U,V1, X, Y1, Z, ZZ1 :woohoo:
hopemax - R, S, U, V2, W1, X1, ZZ :woohoo:
nemomom07 - R, S, W, X, Y1, Z, ZZ :woohoo:
mycutiepatooties - R, S1, V3, W1, X1, Y, Z, ZZ :woohoo:
123SA - F, I, L, R, S1, V2, W1, X1, Y1, Z, ZZ1 :woohoo:
sanapp - P1, S1, U1, V :woohoo:
mickster -P, U1 :woohoo:
SIOH - K, N1, P1, Q, U, V1, W, X, Y1, Z, ZZ1 :woohoo:
rlovew - N, X1, Y :woohoo:
icesk8abc - H ~ :woohoo:
PN96 /PJ /prince c /prince bear :woohoo:

Alright ladies: ALL PHOTOS ARE UPDATED!!!

Here is the slideshows of the completed groups! Photos do NOT do them justice... I will updated the slideshows w/ the rest of the completed groups tonight (last package should arrive this afternoon & I'll sort, take photos and get them ready to mail tomorrow).

Click on photos to start slideshow!

Group A - E (Element Groups)

Group F- J (Element Groups)

Group K - N1 (4" Altered Letters)

Group P - Q1 (4" Altered Letters)
Yes, I realize Stitch is upside down..but not until the photo was uploaded.. Sorry Brooke!! But you know how Stitch is...always up to something!

Group R - U1 (2" Altered Letters)

Group V - V3 (2" WILD)

Group W - W1 (2" Animal Kingdom)

Group X - ZZ1 (2" Character Names)

Ok, this is my list to keep myself on track...

B - DONE
E - DONE
K- DONE
L1- DONE
N - DONE
N1 - Letter P & D - DONE
P1 - DONE
P2 - DONE
Q - DONE
S - DONE
U -A & goodie - DONE
V1 - DONE
W - DONE
W1 - DONE
X - DONE
Y1- DONE
Z - DONE
ZZ1 - DONE

PrinceBear- M ~ DONE

PrinceCam- S ~ DONE

PJ-
V3 ~ DONE
X1 ~ DONE
Y ~ DONE
ZZ - DONE

I'm in also- since we are staying at AK VIllas for part of our stay, this swap will be very helpful!

Girl, you know I can't wait for this one!!!

Shawna--we need to coordinate another meet for our upcoming trip!!

Girl, you know I can't wait for this one!!!

Shawna--we need to coordinate another meet for our upcoming trip!!

You two are meeting up???? Oh you two have to call me... :)
Buffy and I will be there at the same time the end of June... boy, Disney is going to need a clean up crew!:hippie:

I need the dates of all of this- I would love to meet up with all of you- I don't mind driving up for the day if it isn't the week we are up there in June.

Rebecca

I'm in FL, June 14-June 29th! It's more of a family visit instead of a vacation, but I will be down at the world a few days.

I am definitely interested in a couple of these groups!!! Looks like a fun one...especially since I'm in need of some AK items!!! :thumbsup2

I'll be in for a few groups - I'll have to look through my stuff & see where my gaps are. I'm soooo in for the altered letter groups - those have been so fun to do!

Looking forward to it!

If you all would prefer to strickly go with Altered letters and an element in the element groups, I'm willing to do that... just let me know!!! ;)

If you all would prefer to strickly go with Altered letters and an element in the element groups, I'm willing to do that... just let me know!!! ;)

That is fine with me. It was what I was thinking I would do for the Epcot swap too.
S :)

It doesn't matter to me either way. I like to mix it up in my books - some pages with the letters, some with titles & elements. I'll go with the flow & think up some fun things no matter which way you go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter