COMPLETE~Disney Hollywood Studios Swap

I would love to do the Toy Story group for altered letters. DS3 is very into Buzz.

Would you be open to a newbie joining this swap? I'd like to if it's ok, but of course I'll have lots of questions.

Of course! Have you swapped on this board before? If not, please limit yourself to no more than say 3 or 4 groups please. Feel free to ask any questions, if I'm not around, someone's always willing to jump in and help!

I would love to do the Toy Story group for altered letters. DS3 is very into Buzz.

Ooooh, that's a good idea. I'll do a couple groups of character altered letters.

Hmmm, how about a Pixar group? I know Mike and Sully are together, so we could do a group of 6 if we include them, the Incredibles, and Cars?

I added a Pixar characters altered letter group. Do we want an elements group too, or should we make it (and any others), a group where one element is the letter and a second element is photo mats? That way you'd have some matching items.

Along the lines of the Toppers 'n' Tags swap - but Letters and Mats? I'm sure someone else can come up with a better and alliterative title.

Oh boy I should stop looking at this thread. I want a spot in each group.......:scared1:

I added a Pixar characters altered letter group. Do we want an elements group too, or should we make it (and any others), a group where one element is the letter and a second element is photo mats? That way you'd have some matching items.

Along the lines of the Toppers 'n' Tags swap - but Letters and Mats? I'm sure someone else can come up with a better and alliterative title.

I like the idea of letters & mats. They would be great for scrappers like me who want everything to match. :laughing:

Any suggestions for words?

I would love to do words for the characters. Buzz, Cars, Mike, other 4 letter characters could be a seperate group each and have 4 people in a group. Like for characters with 5 do the same, but once you do characters with 6 letters we can choose 2 and have 3 people per group. Just an idea. I really loved the "mickey" look from DIT Magic Kingdom swap. Just an idea to shoot out there. You could also do a few shows and rides if you wanted too.

Here's some ideas that come to mind:

Hollywood Studios or Hollywood
Showtime
Characters (all pixar letters)
Characters (non pixar characters but ones commonly found at H.S. like Sorcerer Mickey, Snow White, Power Rangers, etc.)
Star Wars
Rock N Roller Coaster (or Rock N Roll for short)
Tower of Terror

:rotfl2: I knew you were going to ask that!

I was thinking about that before and it was hard deciding between actual rides/events at DHS or going with more generic words but giving them a DHS feel.

I do think, that other than the title Hollywood Studios, that the words not be longer than 6-7 letters. (which is difficult, I think whoever thought up the names of things at DHS was very wordy!) Or if it is more than one word that each word be under 6-7 letters and only 2 words long. Otherwise our titles will just wrap around the page! Or maybe I'm overthinking that -- if one is doing a two page layout than I guess the words could be up to 12-13 letters.

So, if we went with DHS specific I think the following words would work -- (6-7 letters)Toy Story, Star Tours, Backlot Tour or
(12-13 letters) Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Indiana Jones, Lights! Motor! Action!, Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror

We could go with characters that are at DHS or have an attraction -- Ariel, Belle, Beast, Muppets, Mickey, Buzz, Woody, Cars..

If we went more general -- Rides, Parade, Stars, Studios. But, Rides wouldn't have a little tea cup on it but rather the "I" might have a Tower on it.

I would be happy with any and all of the words, and as you can see can be swayed easily in any direction!!!

I would say chose how many words/categories make you comfortable -- 1, 3, 5, etc and then chose the words. I like both the longer and shorter words, but I can see how doing shorter words is easier to control. As you can tell, I'll be happy with whatever you choose!

Please, please someone else give your thoughts!!! :wizard:

Okay, I added a few letter groups. I like the idea of Characters with Pixar letters and non-Pixar, too. If there's enough interest for that, I'll add it.

I think the characters' names will be cute done in the altered letters and I'm sure those groups will have lots of interest! I'll also be doing the altered letters and words in the character swap in June.

You are so completly killin me!!!!!
I said I was not doing any yet I keep looking at the groups .....;)

I really want to participate in this swap, but I'm confused :confused:, no big surprise there, but in the description of the elements can you please explain what PP means as in "Title/Topper: 1PP letters"
I thought I should ask before I sign up for any groups.
Thanks
Sheri

Thanks for hopping in on that, Ann.

Holly, will I see you around 9:00 am on the boards? I say "around" 9:00 am, because it's the last day of my boss's vacation and I'm probably going to run late. Just cuz I can.

Jennifer - with school winding down, and a lot of papers in the next month, I don't think I can sign up for anything now, but keep me in mind for an angel. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter