• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COMPLETE~Disney Hollywood Studios Swap

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
Progress Thread

Due Date: May 22, 2010. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is May 15 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:

April 2nd: verify groups and pm info to me
April 23rd: Last call for angels
May 1st: Let me know when you expect to be mailing
May 15th: Mail date
May 22nd: Due date

Requirements: 2 elements from the list below

Groups A,B,C,D, & E each include a ride, show, attraction, other entertainment and a general DHS spot. Groups G are photo ops located throughout DHS.

1. Choose your group. I will open additional groups if the initial one fills. (If group A fills, I will open group A1 with the same choices). If you have a request for a spot in a group that hasn’t opened yet, please list it. I will fill the groups in the order you post. Please limit yourself to 2 groups if you haven't swapped with me before.
2. PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email, and phone number - these will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you.
3. Post your status on the progress thread every 2 weeks. Check in dates will be listed.
4. Packing/Mailing Instructions: use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label on the outside of each bag. Include your name, DISname and group number. You’ll have 4, 5 or 6 bags to enclose in the larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag for each group you are in. Include your return postage, please. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed slip. Please write your DISname on the outside of your package. Please include an address label for your return package if you have one.

Label bags like this:

MorgansMom2000
Jennifer Lobisser
DHS swap/Group A

Do not individually address the bags -- it is easier to swap out without names on the bags.

5. Do not send click-it/ship-it postage.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

Element List -- choose 2

Here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it). If you have questions about any of these elements, you can look at the swap glossary link at the top of the swaps board, the swap photo gallery link at the top of the swaps board, or PM me.

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are ok, too), clip art, glitter/embossed/shiny/shimmer paper, inking, tearing, embossing (dry & heat), or extra layer of any paper. All elements should be double-matted and embellished in some other way unless otherwise noted. If you don’t know if yours is okay, ask me.

~~~~Element List ~~~~~
  • Title/Topper: 1PP letters – 1-1/2 inches minimum, standard 8x2 topper, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes –these should be double matted or shadowed -embellished
  • Photo Frames: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these.) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted - embellished
  • Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure the embellishment does not infringe upon the placing of the photo - embellished
  • Journaling Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, matted and embellished
  • Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished in another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both.
  • Borders (a pair): 1setPP 12 inches long double matted and embellished
  • Embellished squares: 4PP largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers
  • Journaling Box n Tag: 1PP one journal box with matching tag (see details above) both embellished
  • File Folder, Journal box or Tag (medium sized) & 2 Embellished Shapes: 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgment.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
  • Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
  • Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized, embellished. Please make sure to enclose a blank page inside.
  • Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished - should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
  • Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
  • Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
  • License Plate: 1PP be creative please
  • Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
  • Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
  • Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
  • Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches and embellished
  • Altered Paper Clips: 2 Jumbo 3 large size ones
  • ATC: Embellished 3 times
You can mix & match the elements: 1 journal box and 1 tag = 1 element, 1 photo mat & 2 squares = 1 element etc.

If you have another idea, near clarification or if I have written something that just doesn't make any sense, please post or PM to let me know!

Please note: If you choose the general DHS spot, please keep it general.

Altered Letter Groups L-Q: Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative.

Altered Letter Groups R-Y: Make your letters 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. Each group will have it's own color scheme. Please stick to the color scheme selected for each group.

GROUPS

Group A - Make 4
1. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster - PirateTink
2. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - DisneyBarlans
3. Toy Story Mania - MichellePooh
4. General DHS - Morgansmom2000

Group B - FULL - Make 5
1. Beauty and the Beast - PirateTink
2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - threeiscrazy
3. Muppet Vision 3D - mycutiepatooties
4. HSM show - Morgansmom2000
5. General DHS - 123SA

Group C - MAKE 4
1. Star Tours - Mom-to-2-Princesses
2. Lights!Motors!Action! - PirateTink
3. Block Party Bash - Morgansmom2000
4. General DHS - 123SA

Group D - Make 4
1. The Great Movie Ride - Morgansmom2000
2. Playhouse Disney Live! - mycutiepatooties
3. Fantasmic! -DisneyBarlans
4. General DHS - MichellePooh

Group E - FULL - Make 5
1. Backlot Tour - Mom-to-2-Princesses
2. Tower of Terror - mycutiepatooties
3. The Magic of Disney Animation - Morgansmom2000
4. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - DisneyBarlans
5. Stars and Motor Cars Parade - LOVEMY3KIDDOS

Group G Photo Ops - Make 6
1. Sorcerer Hat -mycutiepatooties
2. Cars Photo Op - DuchessTisha
3. Big Coke Bottle - Morgansmom2000
4. Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian - PirateTink
5. Snowman – LOVEMY3KIDDOS
6. Muppets or mermaid fountain - AWM

Altered Letter Groups L-Q: Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative.

Group L - FULL - Make 6
Rides:
R - Rock 'n Roller Coaster - Morgansmom2000
T - Toy Story Mania - Mom-to-2-Princesses
T - Tower of Terror - DuchessTisha
S - Star Tours - DisneyBarlans
G - Great Movie Ride - PirateTink
B - Backlot Tour - rlovew

Group M - FULL - Make 7
Shows:
B - Beauty and the Beast – Party of 3
I - Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - rlovew
M - Muppet Vision - DuchessTisha
F - Fantasmic - DisneyBarlans
V (or L) - Voyage of the Little Mermaid - Morgansmom2000
S - Stars and Motor Cars Parade - mycutiepatooties
S - Stunt Show - Mom-to-2-Princesses

Group N - FULL Make 6
Photo Ops:
S - Sorcerer's Hat - Morgansmom2000
C - Coke Bottle - mycutiepatooties
U - Singing in the Rain Umbrella – LOVEMY3KIDDOS
J - Jedi Speeder Bike - AWM
E - Earful Tower - rlovew
S – Snowman - Party of 3

Group O - FULL - Make 6
Lands:
H - Hollywood Blvd - PrincessNancy96
S - Sunset Blvd - rlovew
E - Echo Lake – Party of 3
P - Pixar Place - AWM
S - Streets of America - DuchessTisha
A - Animation Courtyard - Morgansmom2000

Group P - Make 5
DHS:
D – Disney - AWM
H – Hollywood - Morgansmom2000
S - Studios - 123SA
M – Magic – DisneyBarlans
A - Action - Mom-to-2-Princesses

Group Q - FULL - Make 6
Pixar Characters:
B – Buzz - AWM
W – Woody - Morgansmom2000
J - Jessie - threeiscrazy
C - Cars - DisneyBarlans
I - Incredibles - NemoMom07
M - Monster's Inc. – Party of 3

Group Q2 - FULL - Make 6
Pixar Characters:
B – Buzz - mycutiepatooties
W – Woody - DisneyBarlans
J - Jessie - PirateTink
C - Cars - MichellePooh
I - Incredibles - DuchessTisha
M - Monster's Inc. – Mom-to-2-Princesses

Altered Letter Groups R-Y: Make your letters 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. Each group will have it's own color scheme. Please stick to the color scheme selected for each group.

Group R - FULL - Make 4
Buzz
Color Scheme - Bright Green, Purple, White
B – Morgansmom2000
U – Party of 3
Z – AWM
Z - NemoMom07

Group S - FULL Make 4 sets
Mike & Sulley
Color Schemes -
Mike - Bright Green, White, Black
Sulley - Teal Blue, Light Purple, White

Party of 3 - M U L - 3 items
Morgansmom2000 - I & Y - 3 items
threeiscrazy - K S E (Sulley E) - 3 items
AWM - E (Mike E) L and something else? - 3 items

Group T - FULL - Make 4
Cars
Color Scheme - Red, Yellow, Black
C - NemoMom07
A – Party of 3
R - Morgansmom2000
S - DuchessTisha

Group U - FULL - Make 5
Woody
Color Scheme - Brown, Denim Blue, Yellow
W – Party of 3
O - NemoMom07
O - threeiscrazy
D - mycutiepatooties
Y - Morgansmom2000

Group V - FULL - Make 4 sets
Hollywood Studios (4 people 4 letters each)
Color Scheme - Silver, Black, White
1. Party of 3 – H O L L
2. Morgansmom2000 - W O D S
3. threeiscrazy - Y O D U
4. DisneyBarlans - O T I S

Group V2 - FULL - Make 4 sets
Hollywood Studios (4 people 4 letters each)
Color Scheme - Silver, Black, White
1. DuchessTisha - W O D S
2. MichellePooh - O T I S
3. Mom-to-2-Princesses - H L Y O
4. AWM - L O U D

Group W - FULL - Make 4 Sets
Toy Story (4 people 2 letters each)
Color Scheme - Blue, Red, Yellow, Green (Primary)
1. Party of 3 – T O
2. AWM – S O
3. Morgansmom2000 – T Y
4. DisneyBarlans - R Y

Group W2 - FULL - Make 4 Sets
1. NemoMom07 - T O
2. DuchessTisha - S Y
3. mycutiepatooties- T Y
4. rlovew - O R

Group W3 - FULL - Make 4 sets
1. Mom-to-2-Princesses - T Y
2. threeiscrazy - S O
3. Mickster - T R
4. MyThreeKiddos - O Y

Group X - FULL - Make 4 sets
Tower of Terror 13 letters (4 people 3 letters each - 1 person can do 4, other 3 can include a little something?)
Color Scheme - Grey, Black, Maroon, Gold
1. DisneyBarlans - T O T
2. Morgansmom2000 - F W R
3. DuchessTisha - E O R
4. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - E R R O

Group Y - FULL - Make 4 sets
Rock n Roll (4 people 2 letters each - 1 person can do 3, other 3 people can include a little something?)
Color Scheme - Black, Silver, Red
1. DisneyBarlans - R K L
2. Morgansmom2000 - R O
3. DuchessTisha - C N
4. Mom-to-2-Princesses - O L

Mailed to you
Received by you

Swappers
123SA - B, C, P
AlexWyattMommy G, N, O, P, Q, R, S, V2, W
Disney Barlans A, D, E, L, M, P, Q, Q2, V, W, X, Y
DuchessTisha G, L, M, O, Q2, T, V2, W2, X, Y
LOVEMY3KIDDOS E, G, N, X, W3
MichellePooh A, D, Q2, V2
Mickster W3
Mom-to-2-Princesses C, E, L, M, P, Q2, V2, W3, Y
Morgansmom2000 A, B, C, D, E, G, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y
mycutiepatooties B, D, E, G, M, N, Q2, U, W2
NemoMom07 Q, R, T, U, W2
Party of 3 M, N, O, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W
PirateTink A, B, C, G, L, Q2
PrincessNancy96 O
rlovew L, M, N, O, W2
threeiscrazy B, Q, S, U, V, W3

You are killing me. I want a spot in each group. I said I was swearing off swaps this year......

I wanna play!:banana:

I'm interested in several groups, as well as altered letters if you open a group for that. :)

It looks good Jennifer, but I'm going to be sitting this swap out. I've got to cut back on swaps and not sign up for all of them.

I wanna play!:banana:

I'm interested in several groups, as well as altered letters if you open a group for that. :)

Any ideas for what you want for Altered Letter groups? I'm looking over the groups and haven't been able to come up with ideas. I should have time to do so today.

Altered Letter Groups-

Use the lands from Group J and have each person just do the first letter for the land.

You could do a group of the letters for Hollywood Studios (like Hope's Disneyland Swap)

If you wanted to do first letters of attractions I would suggest dividing them by type - 1 group for children (Playhouse Disney, Playground, Muppets, High School Musical, ect), a group for the Fastpass attractions (RnR, ToT, Star Tours, Toy Story), and a group for shows (Beauty and Beast, Little Mermaid, Lights, Motor, Action)

Rebecca

I just noticed that groups B & E both have Voyage of the Litte Mermaid. I believe that Beauty and the Beast is on stage down near Tower of Terror, if you wanted to switch one of the little mermaids out.

Rebecca - I like the idea for the groupings for Alt. Letters. I'd do some of them.

I just noticed that groups B & E both have Voyage of the Litte Mermaid. I believe that Beauty and the Beast is on stage down near Tower of Terror, if you wanted to switch one of the little mermaids out.

Rebecca - I like the idea for the groupings for Alt. Letters. I'd do some of them.

I'll fix that.

Stephanie gave me some great ideas (thanks, Stephanie!) for groups of altered letters, I'l get those added.

Okay, I added a few groupings of altered letters. I can add more, take some away, I'm easy. Just tell me what you want to do :)

As far as the Altered "words" we can decide on color schemes too.

Shall we add a group or two for Characters?

Look out for these Disney Characters during your visit to Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park:

• Little Einsteins pals, June, Leo, Quincy and Annie
  • Cars stars, Lightning McQueen and Mater
  • Mr. and Mrs Incredible
  • Buzz, Woody, Jesse from the Disney·Pixar Toy Story movies
  • Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc.
  • Power Rangers
  • JoJo and Goliath from Circus Town
Aren't Kim and Ron there too?

Would you be open to a newbie joining this swap? I'd like to if it's ok, but of course I'll have lots of questions.

Any ideas for what you want for Altered Letter groups? I'm looking over the groups and haven't been able to come up with ideas. I should have time to do so today.

Sorry so late getting back to you-crazy day. I love the groups you have so far! I also think a character group or 2 would be a great idea, as well as character altered letters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter