• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge Email 135 days out

JeffBDisney

Earning My Ears
I know the time for booking extras on ship is now 130 days for concierge guest and my understanding is 135 I would receive an email on directions (assuming I’m paid in full which I am). Today is my 135 day out of my cruise. Should I be concerned or is it possible it comes a day later?

Got our email for 7/25 Wish cruise. This will be our first concierge sailing. How are you supposed to let them know what tastings to book if you can't see a schedule for available activities until the platinum booking window opens? What am I missing?

Reply to them with the following questions (or similar depending on what you want to know):

• the dining rotations for the cruise
  • the times for the various tastings
  • days for Palo brunch
  • ticketed character meet & greets

This was for a cruise I never got to take (and we had to step down from concierge because the price got too high).

They will reply and then you send in your requests at 12:01AM

Keep in mind that you will not receive a confirmation email from DCL Shoreside with what they managed to book you (or at least we didn't anymore pre-pandemic). You'll need to look on the actual 'booking' date online to see what got booked for you.

1. You don't currently have to be PIF if you're concierge to book activities through concierge request.
2. I received an email on March 1st (135) for March 6 (130), but only after reaching out through the website and by phone. They were SUPER helpful.

It seems like you do have to be specific about what information you want. For example, I didn't specifically ask about dining rotations, and this info was not sent to me until after I put in a rotation request that did not exist.

ETA - I did receive a confirmation email and a follow-up confirmation after I resubmitted my dining rotation.

Last edited:
See, this completely messed up our request for cabana on our upcoming cruise for July 26. I had an original email for March 22 for our request day for concierge, so I set up for that. Well we're currently on the Dream and I happened to check my email late yesterday and saw an updated email from the 14th saying that check in moved to the 17th. The internet on board has been very spotty and I couldn't get an email out at midnight, so I worked with the concierge team on board to try to email them. However they are pretty much telling me too bad, I didn't get an email to them at midnight, so now I'm wait listed. I just think that was a real jerk move for Disney to do to us like that. It was not our fault we missed the window, they moved it, and their ship had internet issues....

1. You don't currently have to be PIF if you're concierge to book activities through concierge request.
2. I received an email on March 1st (135) for March 6 (130), but only after reaching out through the website and by phone. They were SUPER helpful.

It seems like you do have to be specific about what information you want. For example, I didn't specifically ask about dining rotations, and this info was not sent to me until after I put in a rotation request that did not exist.

ETA - I did receive a confirmation email and a follow-up confirmation after I resubmitted my dining rotation.
Wanted to inquire on point 1. We are cruising concierge on Wish in November. Our TA informed us of new 130 day timeline but told us we had to be paid in full by then to book a cabana. Were you able to do so without being PIF? Thanks.

Wanted to inquire on point 1. We are cruising concierge on Wish in November. Our TA informed us of new 130 day timeline but told us we had to be paid in full by then to book a cabana. Were you able to do so without being PIF? Thanks.
My sailing is in July and I need to PIF this weekend. All of my bookings are confirmed and in my plans, including a cabana and Remy brunch and dinner.

It is my understanding that they are continuing to allow concierge guests to book at 130 days out whether they are PIF or not. They just extended the 60 day PIF for unrestricted bookings until the end of this year.

My sailing is in July and I need to PIF this weekend. All of my bookings are confirmed and in my plans, including a cabana and Remy brunch and dinner.

It is my understanding that they are continuing to allow concierge guests to book at 130 days out whether they are PIF or not. They just extended the 60 day PIF for unrestricted bookings until the end of this year.
Wow that's great news! I got the email about unrestricted cabins PIF not until 60 days out but my TA said that you would need to pay in full by 130 to get the concierge bookings. I am going to follow up with her on that. Thank you!

Wow that's great news! I got the email about unrestricted cabins PIF not until 60 days out but my TA said that you would need to pay in full by 130 to get the concierge bookings. I am going to follow up with her on that. Thank you!
I would just call shoreside at this point to clarify. They pick up almost right away and are SO super helpful.

I've never used a TA for Disney stuff.

Reactions: ngl
For whatever it is worth, I finally heard back today from Shoreside re PIF and booking concierge activities. We are traveling on the Wish in the fall:

"For your voyage, we start taking requests at midnight (ET), 130 days before sailing and will secure in the order received based on availability. Guests must be paid in full to reserve and book activities and port adventures."

Sounds like they may not have been requiring it at some point but they are back to requiring PIF before booking any activities.

Bumping this to see if anyone else has had recent experiences being able to send in their concierge requests prior to PIF? I know the official messaging is that you need to, generally, but it still seems messed up to me that they offered this basically meaningless extension if they do in fact require you to PIF before your booking date, when they moved the booking date even earlier and early booking is one of the big draws of concierge.

We got our reminder email this week letting us know to submit requests for our upcoming Wish cruise. It didn't say anything about making sure to PIF first. We have not PIF yet...I don't really want to pay early if we don't need to, but I'm also nervous that we'll submit our requests and they'll be ignored if we haven't.

Bumping this to see if anyone else has had recent experiences being able to send in their concierge requests prior to PIF? I know the official messaging is that you need to, generally, but it still seems messed up to me that they offered this basically meaningless extension if they do in fact require you to PIF before your booking date, when they moved the booking date even earlier and early booking is one of the big draws of concierge.

We got our reminder email this week letting us know to submit requests for our upcoming Wish cruise. It didn't say anything about making sure to PIF first. We have not PIF yet...I don't really want to pay early if we don't need to, but I'm also nervous that we'll submit our requests and they'll be ignored if we haven't.

I had to PIF to be able to select palo/activities etc online.
I have heard nothing from concierge. The only contact I have had from DCL so far have been receipts when I paid. I am around 100 days out.

It took almost 2 weeks to hear back on the initial email I sent to book at our 135 days out and that was after I sent a second email to check on my unanswered questions. That said, I did get a phone call the day after I finally got an email response to make sure I had everything I needed and to see what else they could do. I don't know if that is typical these days but that was my recent experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter