Confused about Savanna(h) Views

So assuming there are 5 CL 2 BRs on the 6th floor, here's my guess for the 134 AKV units in the current building:

5 club 2 BR lockoff (or more if some 5th floor SV get the CL pixie dust)
71 2 BR lockoff savanna (or fewer if some of these get the CL pixie dust)
13 2 br lockoff standard (with pool views)
4 2br lockoff value (with parking views)
12 dedicated value studios with pool view
29 dedicated value studios with savanna view

Go ahead; my skin is thick. Feel free to take as many potshots as you want!

-- Suzanne

Wow, I HOPE your guess/figuring is right. It would mean that almost 2/3 of the value studios have savannah views...and 90% of them have "good" views". That's a pretty good bet for a sanannah view, with little "risk", given the difference in point values betweeen savannah and value rooms.

Well, I am going to shoot holes in my own room allocation for the first 134 rooms in the current buidling becuase I recounted the number of existing rooms. I have also now added GVs into the mix (prices are given for '07 and '08 which suggests that they will be included in the first phase of AKV), assuming that 7 AKL rooms = 1 GV.

Given that, here is my newest guess:

5 Club 2 BR lockoffs
59 Savanna 2 BR lockoffs
6 Savanna Grand Villas
14 standard 2 BR lockoff
46 value dedicated studios (9 w/pool view and 35 w/ savanna view)
4 value 2BR lockoffs (w/parking views)

This is based on a conversion of 328 rooms (or room equivalents for spaces currenlty occupied by suites) on the 5th floor of the current AKL. If that number is wrong, then so are my conclusions. I was interested to note that an earlier map from last summer had no parking view rooms, but a more recent map added 12 current AKL to those being leased to AKV. Since these are the only 2BR value lockoffs, they may have been added so that there were at least some value rooms in each size (other than GV).

Also, I am still not sure that the 15 6th floor rooms will convert neatly into 5 2 BR lockoffs. Again, if that is wrong, then my other numbers are also wrong.

The deal still seems to be value Studios, where the chance of getting a savannah view room is greater than 68%. Less of a deal are the value 1BRs and 2BRs which are guaranteed parking views.

I also expect to see more 2BR savanna view rooms designated as club rooms.

-- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter