Confused by MVMCP

Thank you everyone! I know it sounds weird that I've never heard of the Christmas party. I'm 34, and growing up we went to Disney every other year. Most of our trips were Christmas because my mom is a teacher. I have no idea how I never heard of it, other than the fact that my parents just never took us to the parties so we never even knew it existed. I've had 3 other trips at Christmas as an adult but all of them have been around Christmas Eve or later. It looks like the parties are usually before that so I've somehow managed to miss it all these trips.

I am glad to hear the park is emptier that day. Fortunately, our ADR is for lunch and all of our fast passes are before 3 pm. My husband talked me down last night and I realized it won't be such a big deal. Annoying, yes, because I'm mad at myself for not seeing it before. But it might work out ok. That is our last day at the park (we check out of the hotel that morning) so we aren't able to take a nap break at the resort during the day. The kids will probably be exhausted after 5 days of Disney and we still have to drive to my grandparents' house that evening so heading out by 7 that night might be for the best anyway.

So thank you all for your feedback, I will be better prepared for future trips.

If you decide you want to try to catch the fireworks, a place I have always wanted to watch from is TTC. So, say you park in the morning at TTC then when you leave the park at 7pm you realize the kids are still gung ho, maybe monorail to a resort for a CS meal then over to TTC to watch the show (they do have the music and Robo has a great map of where to view from), jump in the car and head out!

If you decide you want to try to catch the fireworks, a place I have always wanted to watch from is TTC. So, say you park in the morning at TTC then when you leave the park at 7pm you realize the kids are still gung ho, maybe monorail to a resort for a CS meal then over to TTC to watch the show (they do have the music and Robo has a great map of where to view from), jump in the car and head out!

That is a really good idea! It would be nice to have a back up plan if the kids are still awake and happy. If not, I am fine leaving at 7. Thanks for the tip.

Absolutely! Now that my brain has had time to process, I agree this might work out for the best.

Exactly. We usually schedule our MK days for party days just so we can enjoy the slightly lower crowds, therefore doing more from 9am-7pm than if we stayed from 9am-10pm but it was busier throughout the day. And honestly after being in the park since 9 in the morning we're glad to be leaving by 7 anyways.

Absolutely! Now that my brain has had time to process, I agree this might work out for the best.

Last year, we had a trip planned in May/June and one of our days had the MK closing early for a private event. I was so aggravated that it was messing with my plans and taking away time I had paid for. We went to MK that morning at rope drop and I am not ashamed to say that I regretted my complaining because it was the most productive and best day of our whole trip! I hope the same happens for you.

Not sure if anything is available...but we went to Hoop for dinner on a party night in Oct and loved the change of pace. We felt like we were leaving to go to something special of our own, not getting removed from the park. Of course that's not free either but if you have to eat dinner you could make an event of it. Boat ride to Ft Wilderness, a meal and a show, and maybe a wagon ride afterwards? Otherwise we could have considered having pool time or resort exploring or Boardwalk or Disney Springs instead. Sorry your plan went wrong. Have a nice trip.

Last year, we had a trip planned in May/June and one of our days had the MK closing early for a private event. I was so aggravated that it was messing with my plans and taking away time I had paid for. We went to MK that morning at rope drop and I am not ashamed to say that I regretted my complaining because it was the most productive and best day of our whole trip! I hope the same happens for you.
Agree with this too. We made that our 'super early make it in time to be front of the line + watch the entire show' day and it worked. Arrived at 7:25 for 8am opening and got done about 6 rides and lunch by 11 with no crowds and no pressure. Loved every minute of it.

Also I have been to Disney a billion times at Christmas and never even heard of the MVMCP until recently. I didn't know it was even a separate thing so I just hadn't even realized it would be a problem if we were there on the same day as a party.
I can't imagine how you could go to Disney that many times and NEVER heard of the Christmas Party. Seems completely impossible. Sorry your day is not going as you expected. It it's this big a deal you may be better served to rearrange your days. It's not all that hard

Exactly. We usually schedule our MK days for party days just so we can enjoy the slightly lower crowds, therefore doing more from 9am-7pm than if we stayed from 9am-10pm but it was busier throughout the day. And honestly after being in the park since 9 in the morning we're glad to be leaving by 7 anyways.
We also scheduled our Magic Kingdom days for party days. Our plan is to leave MK around 4 and hop to another park, or simply go back to the resort and swim.

I can't imagine how you could go to Disney that many times and NEVER heard of the Christmas Party. Seems completely impossible. Sorry your day is not going as you expected. It it's this big a deal you may be better served to rearrange your days. It's not all that hard

True story. Like I said above, I grew up going to Disney at Christmas but we never went to the parties so I guess I just never knew it was a thing. As an adult I've only been there at Christmas about 3 times and all of those times were usually between Christmas Eve and New years so I guess we missed the parties then. Truly it wasn't until I found this forum a couple years ago that I had even heard of it.

I feel good about our plans now though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter