Confused over banking points!

Sue's Mum

DIS Veteran
I have read and re-read the Member Guidebook and e-mailed MS for clarification ....... but I'm no better off.

We have an April use year and it is possible that we may want to bank all of our points this year but we have not decided yet. What I would like to do is to bank 50% by end Sept, and, if we are not going to use the rest this use year, then bank the remaining 50% by end December. (We haven't got sufficient points to make it worth keeping 25%.) However, I have got a nasty feeling that we must make a decision by the end of this month. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can anyone help please?

Jan

If you have an April use year, you may bank up to 100% by the end of Sep -- however, if you bank 50% by that time, you won't be able to bank any more points later. The % deadlines refer to your total points- so if yo have already banked 50% by Sep- the Dec deadline is gone- as you may only bank 50% by the end of Dec.- and you plan would try to bank 100% by Dec.

If you own 200 points- you may bank up to 200 by Sep 30. YOu may bank NO MORE than a total of 100 points from Oct 1- Dec 31- including any already banked. Since you would already have 100 banked in Sep- no more could be saved later.

Banking is probably the most confusing component of our membership.

You have until Sep 30 to decide how many points to bank. If you have any doubt, bank them all (100%) by the Sep deadline and if you later decide to take a trip before April 1, 2002- you can easily borrow from your 2002 allotment.

Good Luck!

Doc is right. Banking all your points does not mean you can't borrow from next year for a spring trip. We usually bank at the same time that reserve at the 11 month booking window. That way we don't forget to do it, and if our plans change, we are still covered. Don't forget that if you bank all your points from this year, you will have to use all the banked points before the end of your next use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter