Connections Stock???

realpatt

Mouseketeer
Has anyone gotten Connections lunch/dinner counter service (10.50) certificates in the past few days? Wondered if they have gotten them back in stock and if they are sending them out. I don't get the impression that most of their staff is up to date or aware of stock problems. I spoke with 3 staff members, 2 supervisors and was not able to get an explination for why my 7/20/01 order had not been filled (I was told (1) it would take 7-10 days and I reminded them orders over $50.00 were to be delivered in 2-4 days (2) they were still waiting approval from my bank-(I've never heard of a credit card taking 10 days to athorize a charge and there have been no other problems with my card). I finally spoke with the person in charge of the Disney certificates who simply let me know the problem was the result of them being out of the certificates. She gave me the impression that they had a lot of back orders on these as well. She had been told by her contact at Disney that they were being overnighted, but that was Tuesday and I still haven't heard a thing and nothings been charged to my account. We leave Thursday and I really hope to get them in by then. SO I'm interested to see if anyone else has gotton the 10:50 dining certificates.

WOW, we must be talking to the same people. I received the credit card authorization story too.

I have yet to receive mine. I did receive the breakfast ones.

Cora

PS I'm giving it til Wednesday then I'll call again.

I'm waiting on some $10.50 vouchers I ordered 7/17. I spoke with Rhonda, the Connections person in charge of Disney passes & vouchers, on Thursday and the story I got was that their software had glitched and failed to send out some orders to their fulfillment house (company that actually mails the vouchers). She said they had plenty of stock, but the orders weren't getting through and she was trying to expedite getting this fixed. I asked if the problem was linked to website orders, and she said no, some phone orders had the same problem. She promised to call me back about two hours later with an update, but didn't. She also didn't return my call on Friday.

I'm starting to wonder if I should yank Connections off MouseSavers. The program has the potential to be a good value, but it does seem to have some annoying problems with its ordering system.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary, That is such a bummer! I have my food budget all worked out using the counter vouchers for some days (with 2 teen age boys, they WILL save money) but now I am afraid to order them. Same with the passes. The 4 day hopper plus would be perfect for us and now I am afraid to buy from there. It really goofs up my budget and we are only weeks from going so too late to do much more saving! If you get any other info, please post and thank you again for your great sight and lettiing me vent about the vouchers. WW

I ALSO PLACED AN ORDER WITH CONNECTIONS ON 7/20. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS AND EXCUSES EVER SINCE. RHONDA AND I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE STORY KEEPS CHANGING...FIRST THEY SAID THE 10.50 VOUCHERS WERE OUT OF STOCK(EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD SOME WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER). THEN THERE WAS A QUESTION ABOUT THE NUMBER I ORDERED(ONLY 30 FOR A TWO WEEK TRIP!) THE LATEST STORY IS THE SYSTEM PROBLEM! MY FAMILY IS LEAVING FOR THE BOARDWALK ON 8/12...HOPEFULLY WE'LL RECEIVE EVERYTHING BY THEN!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US WAITING!!!

Rhonda was the person I spoke with that sounded like she knew what she was talking about. I didn't mention that she said she would call me back and update me and I have never gotton a call. Please post when any of you get yours inthe mail!!

I have had the same with connections other than sometimes you have to speak with a supervisor.

When I first joined ... before Mary posted it on her site .. I did not have these problems.
I think they are overwhelmed by the sheer #'s.

I had the same problem. I ordered breakfast and dinner certificates at the same time and only the breakfast ones come. No letter or anything explaining why.

I called and they said something about once they had approval from my card ... then said it was not showing as being billed.....

I called her on it because they had already sent me my breakfast ones!!!!!!

So when it came right down to it .. they were on backorder and I got them when the supervisor said I would (about a week later).

Then I order my 5 day park hoppers. I was concerned that they had not charged my card yet. I call and they give me the same "your cc company has not authorized it .." I think this is the standard answer. I knew this was not true... it was my check card and it comes out the MINUTE you process anything.

Anyway ... she is telling me 14 days. I'm like ... "whatever"

So knock, knock at my door its Mr. UPS man with my tickets ... and they STILL have not charged my card. What if my card had been bad?

I'm not sure what is going on ... but they had NO IDEA that my tickets had in fact been shipped the day before I called!!???!!

wdwo

I also had received a parcial order (the 29.00 lunch) the day after I talked with them, which would have been last Wednesday and my credit card has yet to be charged for those or any other charges except for the original $1.00. I keep checking given the mistakes I have read about on the board previously. I just hope they get here next week.

Did anyone pay the extra 10$ to have their order overnight-ed? My bank said that if I pay for that and it doesnt happen, then they will put the amount in to dispute and not charge my account for the items until the dispute is solved.

I received my park hopper plus passes and my universal studios passes in 2
days, but the 6 food vouchers I ordered still have not come. I have had 2 calls
from connections saying they had the vouchers but there was a glitch in the
system and orders weren't getting out, they are working on it. Maybe I should send
them a copy of all our posts to show them how unhappy we are with the service

Hulabird

On July 17th I ordered 2 -4 day PHP passes and 10 casual lunch and dinner vouchers@ $10.50 each. I received the PHP within 3 days. I waiting for the vouchers still. I called on the 30th and Sal said that they were in stock and I should get them by the end of the week, I then ordered 6 more( plus some movie tickets). Well when I didn't receive them by 8/3 I called back and was told they are out of stock. They have not charged my credit card yet. But I would like to get them ASAP.

When was the last time someone recieve the $10.50 vouchers in the mail?????

Boy I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one with a problem getting my vouchers!

I ordered mine around the same time you all did and keep getting the runaround when ever I call. That is when I can get through! I finally cancelled my order because I am out of time! We leave Wednesday and really would have loved these.

well i am not leaving until 8/26, and the main reason i joined
them was for my park passes which i do have, if i don't get the
vouchers by the end of this week, i will cancel my membership
with them. My trial ends on 8/22 so I want to cancel before that.

hulabird

I have yet to recieve the 6 $10.50 vouchers I ordered on 7/18 as well. We leave on 8/14. The 6 $29.50 vouchers came right away. Like all of you, I got a complete runaround. I want nothing else to do with this company. I can understand if an item was out of stock, but they kept telling me excuses I knew were not true--there's nothing worse than feeling like you're being lied to. They haven't charged my account yet. If I get them, fine, if not, whatever. I refuse to let this sour our vacation.

i just sent them an email saying if i don't get the vouchers
by this weekend i am cancelling. Let u guys know what happens
as soon as i hear from them

Hulabird

I just received a call from Rhonda @ Connections wondering when I would be needing my vouchers. I told her no later than the 16th. She said they have to hand pull them for mailing. Also I told her I was only getting 6 quick lunch ones and I hoped by 2 previous orders were cancelled. She said there were 3 orders of 6 each and she would make sure I only received the 1 order and not all 3. I plan on cancelling Connections on the 12th I assume this wouldn't mess up the order since I placed it prior to cancelling.

We'll see what happens.
Cora

I always feel bad when I join a club knowing that i will be canceling before the trial is over.

They just made it real easy. I am waiting for my vouchers and then canceling.

I was unhappy with their run around, bla, bla bla..... and I will be telling the truth!!!

I placed a 2nd order last week to see if maybe I would get the certificates sooner in a new order (we are also going back in Nov and Feb and I decided I could use more than what I had orginially ordered). In addition to the 10.50 lunch/dinner certificates I ordered breakfast certificates. UPS tried to deliver on Friday but required a signature and we were not home, so they came back today and the breakfast certificates were there but no 10.50 certificates. SO the problem is not just with older orders, but new ones as well.

I spoke with Rhonda today as well. She said I will recieve my 6 $10.50 vouchers tomorrow (Tues). Today, the excuse from the CSR was that my "information" was not correct. I will let you know if I get them. I actually intended to keep the subscription...but not now. I can't help but wonder what is the problem. I suspect it is a stock problem. Do you think DWD is trying to curb the demand by holding back on the vouchers? I mean, it's just a piece of paper! How difficult can it be to fill orders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter