Considering purchasing

We structured a few of our contracts for the kids IF they want them. If they don’t we’ll sell them or they can sell them when the time comes. We didn’t want to burden them with a 400 point contract if they wanted to keep one, so we have some that are specifically smaller for them.
This is a good point, actually. We own a lot of points, but we bought numerous small contracts. One is to make it easy for the kids to sell, but also easy for us to downsize in the future if wanted without losing all of our points. Once purchased, you cannot split a large contract into smaller ones. The vast majority of our points are in contracts in the 50-100 point range.

Also we started with resale so that we could find the right contract for us in a UY that would work for us, and then we added on direct points in the same UY once that first resale contract closed.

We were in a similar situation this past summer about adding on to our current VGF points. The deal breaker for us between CCR and BRV was two things.

First and honestly what mattered the most was we wanted to be in the main building. While we love the intimacy of BRV there is just something different about being in the main building and not having to worry about leaving the building to fill my refillable mug. Silly I know but it really makes a difference to us.

Second, our youngest is in love with CCR and she was constantly talking about buying points there when she was old enough. As she tells us all the time it is her home away from home. While she does love VGF and she isn't giving those points away she finds the main building at WL calming and serene. She loves taking a book and just reading in front of one of the fireplaces.

We only added a small contract and we went direct because of the small number of points we added and didn't want to play around trying to find the right contact resale. We also have a Sept UY which seems even harder for us to find then other UY on resale. We do not regret it. So I say all that to say trust your gut and what is right for your family. If that is direct or resale, CCR or BRV. It should be the place and plan you feel most comfortable with. Once the money is gone you have to be happy with what you have left in front of you.

We were in a similar situation this past summer about adding on to our current VGF points. The deal breaker for us between CCR and BRV was two things.

First and honestly what mattered the most was we wanted to be in the main building. While we love the intimacy of BRV there is just something different about being in the main building and not having to worry about leaving the building to fill my refillable mug. Silly I know but it really makes a difference to us.

Second, our youngest is in love with CCR and she was constantly talking about buying points there when she was old enough. As she tells us all the time it is her home away from home. While she does love VGF and she isn't giving those points away she finds the main building at WL calming and serene. She loves taking a book and just reading in front of one of the fireplaces.

We only added a small contract and we went direct because of the small number of points we added and didn't want to play around trying to find the right contact resale. We also have a Sept UY which seems even harder for us to find then other UY on resale. We do not regret it. So I say all that to say trust your gut and what is right for your family. If that is direct or resale, CCR or BRV. It should be the place and plan you feel most comfortable with. Once the money is gone you have to be happy with what you have left in front of you.
Thank you for this. I think we know that we want to be in the main building as well, I kind of feel the same way about the lobby as you described. Each time we plan to go to Disney, we start at a moderate and end up working our way back to WL. Lol. I also think we should start with resale. I just can’t see spending that much more per point just for direct buy. Hopefully in the future we can add on with direct buy points elsewhere, but if not, that’s ok too.

We have been just after Thanksgiving (which we loved), and late January/February. I’d also like to go for Halloween season at least once. We try to go when it’s not super busy. We haven’t stayed at Copper Creek, we’ve always stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

Be aware that Fall Frenzy is the toughest time to book for DVC (Late Sept to early Jan).

DVC has raised point costs a bit but the relatively lower point charts and better weather and fun decorations means you may need to book exactly at 11 months.

Late Jan/Feb should be easier except for holiday weeks and runDisney events...

My main concern with buying either direct or resale is the future prospect of resale. I don’t want to buy in and then leave the responsibility for yearly payments to my kids with no escape plan. If they won’t be able to resell, I don’t want to burden them with the membership if they don’t want to keep it. I’m concerned that Disney will squash resale and my kids will be stuck with the yearly dues.
Nobody is required to inherit a timeshare. Any heirs can disclaim it.

Of course, if they don't want it and the contract still has resale value, their best bet would be to take it over and sell it quickly but they would not have to do so.
Best course of action in that scenario would be for the executor of the estate to attempt to sell it resale (and then the proceeds go to the heirs per the will). If the executor is unable to sell it on the resale market, then that would indicate that it has no resale value, and the heirs could disclaim it. Be aware though that this can all make probate more costly as an ancillary probate would likely need to be opened in Florida so that the executor has the power to resell it.

Are there recommended sites for resale? Or any to steer clear of?
Board sponsor’s prices seem to be inflated compared to other brokers, and their contracts are frequently stripped (likely because so much of their stock is them selling their own contracts that they’ve purchased, stripped and rented out from). The market overvalues stripped contracts and undervalues loaded contracts. Personally, as a buyer I wouldn’t go with the board sponsor I’d look at other big players like Fidelity which see to always have cheaper contracts. As a seller, I’d definitely go with the board sponsor.

Thanks again to everyone that has responded. We were at WDW last week and toured Copper Creek while we were there. We decided to purchase resale and then buy direct from Disney (maybe Poly?) at some point in the future. We put an offer in yesterday and it was accepted. Waiting for the contract to be finalized right now. We’re so excited!

Thanks again to everyone that has responded. We were at WDW last week and toured Copper Creek while we were there. We decided to purchase resale and then buy direct from Disney (maybe Poly?) at some point in the future. We put an offer in yesterday and it was accepted. Waiting for the contract to be finalized right now. We’re so excited!
Smart move. You will get access to pre-sale member pricing for Poly2 if you decide you want to buy in.

Congratulations! It took us a while to decide to get our first contract. You can now get the member incentives when Poly goes on sale, whenever that is. Hopefully it is better than the CFW incentives that came out.
Head over to https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/ It's a nice little community of CCV owners and fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter