Convert -- Live from SSR -- Review + Compare**Update Pg. 2

Duckfan-in-Chicago wrote:
For some reason this talk about the countertop in the bathroom cracks me up.

Wouldn't that be 'quacks' you up? :earboy2:
I know what you mean, but several had some interest in this matter, so I'm simply trying to answer their questions as best as I can.

Duckfan-in-Chicago wrote:
do you think you could break off a corner of the countertop and send it down to the boys at the lab?

Actually, I'm one step ahead of you. I went out of my way this morning to get an appointment with Jay Rasulo (Pres. WDW). In which I appealed to him to help end this controversy once and for all.

He agreed that is should not be a mystery and permited me to deliver a sample of the countertop to some of the best scientific minds avalible here at WDW --

bunsen.gif

I only hope that the results will be avalible soon.

:crazy:

Thank You all for your kind words on the posted photo, hopefully I can get some more resort photos posted soon.
:)

DVCconvert says : He agreed that is should not be a mystery and permited me to deliver a sample of the countertop to some of the best scientific minds avalible here at WDW --
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Thanks for your report & photos. Glad you and your family are having a great trip. Keep the updates coming! :flower:

lol about the DTD fireworks! :rotfl2: We were there a month ago, also in Congress but on the 3rd floor and we had a beautiful view of DTD. It was a long day and we decided to let DD, 7, stay up to watch the fireworks. I expected something short because I had read on the dis that if we blinked we'd miss it - truer words have not been spoken! I think they are officially 30 seconds. We had just seen Wishes that night as well, so afterwards DD looks at us and says, "Is that it? I could have been sleeping!" :rotfl2:

TammyAlphabet said:
Funny Duckfan!! :rotfl2:

On another note, since the view at SSR towards DD is great, and I think most would agree that it is, it surprises me that Disney would plant so many trees between the buildings and the view. When they grow up, won't they be blocking alot of the great view!!! Just thinking ahead! Maybe I should plan on visiting here before the trees get too tall! :flower:

I guess you haven't been to the MK lately. All the beautiful crepe myrtles that were planted in the circle (around the Walt and Mickey statue), were totally removed and the entire circle redone.

If they take good care of the trees, they won't have a situation like they did at one of the buildings at OKW where the guest called to have the trees trimmed so she could see out of her balcony.

I love the comments about the fireworks. Literally the first night we stayed at SSR, we heard the first bang, opened the patio door and they were over. :rotfl:

Which leads me to another observation about critism of SSR, how could such meager fireworks keep anyone awake. :flower:

What a simply wonderful report, DVCconvert. I love all the details and am glad you're having a great vacation. :sunny:

Beautiful picture!

That pic of the countertop looks like our marble countertop at home it is cultured marble overlayed on some other material because of the weight. So it looks like they have a granite cover over some ceramic or something else to save on weight but it still looks very nice.

which, by the way is "real" rock! It looks gorgeous. Silestone is more expensive than lower end granite, and much more durable.

Love your report! Thank you for all of the information. Would a night light in the bathroom eliminate the night time fan? Just wondering about that one.

Thanks for the update and the great pics!

I just want to comment that the update on Page 2 is not true for everyone, it depends on how you have your settings. Your update is actually on Page 3 for me. Refering to a post # would help some to find your next one.

Sorry to be so picky! I just know from experience that everytime I see a page referenced, that I will have a hard time finding it.

Hope you continue to have a great time!

Thanks so much for the impartial comments!

I must say that picture made me say "WOW!".

Please let us know what the boys in the lab say. I cannot think of 2 scientists that I trust more. Let me know if you need a translation for Beaker's findings! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We are staying one night there in October so we could be next to DTD and I'm pretty hopeful I will like it. Thanks for the report!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter