Coral Reef or Rose & Crown?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Trying to decide for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series dining package between these two. (Biergarten and Garden Grill is also available, but I'm not really into Biergarten since I'm solo this trip and based on reviews and comments here I changed my Garden Grill meal to breakfast on another day).

I'll likely get the steak at either one for my entree. The package comes with appetizer and dessert and while there is not really an app that appeals at Coral Reef (not really a fish/seafood girl) they have the chocolate wave which is gluten-free and CHOCOLATE, it's the opposite at Rose & Crown - like a few of the apps and could live with the trifle but not thrilled about it.

Of course whenever they come out with the line-up it may be a moot point as if I'm not thrilled with the performers (or shows) I will likely just go with a regular dinner somewhere. (and then THAT decision begins!)

So... Thoughts? Which would you choose?

We've had better food at Rose & Crown and I like the outdoor seating and drinks. We weren't fans of the food at Coral Reef and had too many kids running back and forth like crazy to see the aquarium that it was kind of an atmosphere buzz kill.

Coral Reef has always been one for me that I do every year/trip. However after last year I'm going to take a break as the service seems to have dropped down a lot. Rose & Crown though has yet to disappoint me. Hope that helps a little.

Rose & Crown is on of our every trip meals. I like Coral Sea but it has been hit or miss for on previous trips.

Food is better at R&C (so is the beer :P). DW sometimes prefers Coral Reef for non Illuminations meals because of the aquarium (and she eats a lot of fish)- and you can get an OK meal there as well. All depends on your priorities. I wouldn't pay a boatload of money for a package meal based on a dessert since you can get some amazing desserts in France and Norway. We base our package decisions on quality of entree since we have a TiW card and rarely do them, but everyone is different.

Thanks guys! I'm leaning Rose & Crown.

I'm gluten-free, so beer and sticky toffee pudding are no-gos unfortunately. :(

My vote is for Rose and Crown. We ate there this past May and I will be making ADR in the morning for our next May trip.

Coral Reef was just god awful. Worse than all warnings we'd heard, which we ignored and went anyway. I can't in good conscience ever recommend it

Rose and Crown is one we do most every trip

I had the same dilemma and ended up booking R&C. I could not get an ADR for a package ANYWHERE for Wednesday Jan 17th and ended up with lunch at R&C for Friday the 19th. I hope they open a few more restaurants to the packages since they seen to be sold out.

I had the same dilemma and ended up booking R&C. I could not get an ADR for a package ANYWHERE for Wednesday Jan 17th and ended up with lunch at R&C for Friday the 19th. I hope they open a few more restaurants to the packages since they seen to be sold out.

I thought they were only doing the concerts on the weekends?

I have options for all but Akershus, but I am doing breakfast at Garden Grill, and being solo Biergarten could just be awkward, so that left these two. I have pretty much decided to go with R&C.

I thought they were only doing the concerts on the weekends?

I have options for all but Akershus, but I am doing breakfast at Garden Grill, and being solo Biergarten could just be awkward, so that left these two. I have pretty much decided to go with R&C.
You're semi right :) The concerts are Fri-Mon. That's why I couldn't get a Wed ADR. I was confused because the festival itself runs all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter