Coral Reef Review 9/28

lady_hlh

DIS Veteran
We had dinner reservations for 6:00 and had to wait maybe 15 or 20 minutes for our table. I asked for a view of the aquariam and we were seated in a booth directly across the aisle from the tanks which was great. My 4 year old DD was entertained by the divers and the fish for almost the entire meal. Our waiter was the best that we had during our entire trip, I used to wait tables so I know when I'm getting exceptional service. I had the crab claws which were very good but I would think they would better served cold . My DH had the shrimp cocktail with the noodles which he said was good. My DD had the lobster bisque but she is very finicky so she refused to eat it. I tried the bisque and agreed with others who have said that it is nothing special and too rich. I had the blackened catfish with cheese grits and it was fantastic. This was my favorite entree of the trip, I love grits and anything spicy so I was in heaven. My DH had the seared Ahi tuna which he said was too rare but he still ate every bite. My DD had the grilled chicken breast meal which she picked at but this pretty much describes her reaction to almost every meal during the trip. For dessert my DD did enjoy the make your own sundae. I had the chocolate wave which was wonderful. My DH had the pineapple upside down cake which he said was good. I would say this was my favorite meal of the entire trip and would give it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

Hi
Thanks for your review. Sounds good!! We're going to try it in December. I haven't been there since about 1990, so I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

im going in dec also. never eaten there and actually made plans for a diver to come down and surprise someone in our party so im glad to hear that the food was tasty too!

Thanks for the great review. We will be dining there for the first time in December. After all the trips we have taken to WDW we are finally going to give it a try. :)

Thanks for the review, can't wait to try it in January! :fish:

Heard lots of bad thing on these boards abot this place. Now I think I may give it a try :sunny:

Going in December. I had heard they changed the menu (no more crab cakes). I checked Allears, and the menu is from June (with crab cakes). Does anyone have a recent menu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter