Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this potentially happening at Coronado and the possibility of AoA and Pop Century being serviced by the gondola this will allow Disney to raise the rates at these three and also both of the Port Orleans resorts.

I don't see rates at Port Orleans going up because of this news. I'd argue that if Disney does go to proximity pricing, they would stay stagnant or even dip slightly.

I agree however Coronado had permits filed before CBR but it didn't indicate as much work there. CBR is having several buildings removed and the potential Gondola.
I kinda disappeared from here for a while and must've missed that news but it's an interesting thing to do but I do wonder how it'll impact the aesthetic of the resort

I haven't stayed at CSR but have stayed at CBR. It was nice but absolutely not worth a deluxe price. The rooms are small and fairly worn. I like CBR, but unless they redo all of the rooms or have different tier prices, I don't see why people would pay a deluxe price to stay in the current rooms.

They have redone the rooms at CBR fairly recently.

Yeah, really not a fan of this and all the price hikes it will probably entail. Can't say I like the look of that tower, either.

They have redone the rooms at CBR fairly recently.

We stayed there March of last year. The rooms were fine, but not as nice as the regular rooms at either Port Orleans. I don't know if they have redone the rooms since March or not. They are definitely not worth the price of a deluxe. We stayed at Beach Club in December, which was recently remodeled. The regular rooms there are much larger than CBR. We have also stayed at Poly, pre and post remodel, and CBR can't hold a candle to those rooms either. They might be able to get first timers, but I don't think seasoned visitors would pay the prices.

Supposedly 583 rooms, with executive suites. Business Deluxe, with 60% of rooms having firework views.

I'd say this is about competing with the Swalphin on what types of conventions the Coronado can land. Right next to the convention center makes no sense for a DVC.

I'd say this is about competing with the Swalphin on what types of conventions the Coronado can land. Right next to the convention center makes no sense for a DVC.
Exactly, this is to be on par with Yacht club and Swan and Dolphin. CBR will have the deluxe component.

What is the size of the CSR rooms? That could be one major difference between the mods and "true" deluxe resorts.

Now it does appear that Disney is going after certain clientele. I didn't agree before but now...

What is the size of the CSR rooms? That could be one major difference between the mods and "true" deluxe resorts.

Now it does appear that Disney is going after certain clientele. I didn't agree before but now...
The CSR tower is specifically going after that business/convention clientele.

Yes that is true. We don't know if that will lead to room renovations or not yet.

If you mean CSR they are starting room renovations right now. The photos make the rooms seem pretty modern but few disney touches. I wonder if they will tweak the design a bit going forward.

We have been to CBR twice and loved it both times. I can't see us going back and paying substantially more for the same resort but upgraded amenities. CBR has a fairly large group of core "beach bums" that stay there often. I wonder if they will be willing to pay more to stay at the same resort but "upgraded"
With direct access to Epcot and DHS I could see adults and families with older children wanting to stay there, but for younger families like mine, 3 year old and infant right now, we spend so much time at Magic Kingdom that direct access to DHS and Epcot doesn't hold any value right now

Here is the thinking. New amenities at both Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach resorts. Coronado has the business clientele for conventions. Caribbean will be getting DVC. These two resorts now become "Deluxe" resorts and are charged as such. No moderate level DVC anymore.

I'm not quite sure that qualifies as "thinking"

People really breaking the doors down for rooms?

We have been to CBR twice and loved it both times. I can't see us going back and paying substantially more for the same resort but upgraded amenities. CBR has a fairly large group of core "beach bums" that stay there often. I wonder if they will be willing to pay more to stay at the same resort but "upgraded"
With direct access to Epcot and DHS I could see adults and families with older children wanting to stay there, but for younger families like mine, 3 year old and infant right now, we spend so much time at Magic Kingdom that direct access to DHS and Epcot doesn't hold any value right now

This is what I railed about on the cbr thread...

The "beach bums" do so because they are comfortable at THAT rate...

It's not "we'd pay for poly...but this is just as good". There is something going on behind the Disney curtains that so far off the pattern that I can't track...way past the standard operating procedure.

They need a new CEO...now...there is so much focus on the short term that one day there will be no long term that's recognizable.

If they turn CBR into deluxe it kind of stinks they are taking away a mod that can sleep 5.

If they are gonna jack the prices on 2 of the 3 - which they have too if this plays out - then port Orleans is getting it too. That's actually the easiest because they have waterway to downtown already...

So you're new "moderates" are then pop century and all stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter