Coronado Springs Good Resort?

kellykerby99

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Coronado Springs Sept. 2nd-6th. Only doing Magic Kingdom park two days. Do you recommend this resort and can you share transportation tips?

I've stayed at CSR in the past. From CSR to MK, your transportation option is either drive or take a Disney bus.

The resort is very spread out and has multiple bus stops around the resort.

We have always enjoyed our many stays at CSR. We have had great to ok days in regards to the buses, but this is literally true at all resorts. Our family never has an issue with the size of any resort, to many people whine about walking at a resort.

Yes it is! I just returned yesterday and this is from someone that normally stays in a Deluxe. I stayed in Cabanas 8C - Close to parking, Tower, pool , small beach, tub and only two stories. This is my third time staying at CSR and enjoyed my room in Cabanas more than the tower room I had last time. Grounds are beautiful which is great for someone that loves to walk.

We've stayed twice in Casitas - the "urban" style buildings, and even though our rooms weren't preferred, the walk to the main building was conveniently short, and we were either the first or second bus stop so we always got on. Their QS has one of the larger seating areas; even at breakfast pre-covid we've never seen more than about a quarter of the tables occupied. We usually stay deluxe, but we thought it was quite nice for a moderate.

If you are going to use the busses, I'd recommend requesting Casitas. We were there earlier this month and were glad to get on at the first stop of the resort as it sometimes filled up. Though, by the time you get there they may be putting more people on a bus. It still just seemed like the best section for being close enough to everything.

We stayed there last year for the first time and loved it (mix of park/non-park days). We were in Casitas and never had a problem with the buses - our only frustration was that there weren't lines per park, like we were used to, and everyone kind of waited en masse which wasn't great in a pandemic. The only other thing we disliked was that there weren't a ton of food options thanks to pandemic cuts, so we were pretty over our grab-and-go options by the end of the trip. There is more open now than there was at the time, though. But the theming is gorgeous, the rooms are comfortable, the CMs were fantastic, and we had a great time.

We are staying at Coronado Springs Sept. 2nd-6th. Only doing Magic Kingdom park two days. Do you recommend this resort and can you share transportation tips?

we stayed at CSR in 2019 in the tower. It was one of my favorite trips. The resort is gorgeous the tower is centrally located to everything. We normally stay deluxe. I think CSR is very close to a deluxe resort for the price of a moderate resort. We now own DVC so it will be rare we stay on cash reservation again but if we did CSR would be our go too first.

our only complaint was the transportation and waiting for the buses took forever. In their defense we stayed 2 weeks after the tower was first opened so the might have been trying to work out the kinks yet. Other than that our stay was great!

Love CSR! Stayed there probably 6-7 times. It's so beautiful and I love to walk so it's a good resort for a beautiful walk. The pool is quite nice too. I've never had a bad experience there.

Loved the grounds and the resort feel. Based upon other responses, seems like we got lucky with the transportation,as we had no issues. I would recommend staying there for sure.

The only thing I would say is I thought the room was a bit, meh. I travel a lot for work and thought most of the Courtyards I stay in are as nice if not nicer (obviously without the Disney magic). If room niceness is really important to you, I wouldn’t want you expecting a Ritz based upon the responses here. We felt Animal Kingdom Lodge rooms, for example, were much better, as one would expect for a deluxe category.

We stayed back in 2007 and really liked it but thought it could be a long walk to the main building, depending on where you are staying. I think the new bridges across the lake go a long way to making that better though. Our favorite moderate is POR but that's still closed so we're staying in the Tower this July and are excited to go back.

The theming in the Ranchos is wonderful. I just love it there. CSR is my favorite moderate resort.
When we have looked at videos, I thought the Ranchos section the prettiest. My concern is the buses. It's the second bus stop to the them parks. Will the buses be filled by the people in the Casitas?

When we have looked at videos, I thought the Ranchos section the prettiest. My concern is the buses. It's the second bus stop to the them parks. Will the buses be filled by the people in the Casitas?

If you book preferred, your closest bus stop will be at the Casita's stop.

We stayed at CSR one night in January 2020. The airline had changed the flights schedule so we had to add a night at the end of our trip (first part was at Pop) and we were upgraded to CSR (from ASMo) a few days before leaving for Florida so I had no time to research it.

Cast members at the front desk were particularly nice every time we spoke to them.

We found the grounds and the pools to be very nice and relaxing. We do not like the tower, its look clashes with the rest.

We had one of the furthest room in the Ranchos but we never found it far. We did not know about other bus stops so we went all the way to the lobby stop to go to the park. However, coming back tired, we found it awesome to arrive a few steps from our room.

The room was very spacious and we loved the Keurig coffee maker.

The next morning, we tried breakfast at El Mercado and were not thrilled. I read later that it was subcontracted to another provider.

Would I go back if I was upgraded again from ASMo? Yes, for the pool and the room which are two important parts of a resort! Would I pay extra for it? Probably not much but I can see the reasons why someone would want to.

So the counter service at CSR is that bad now? Hmmmm, will have to have a game plan on that one. Wasn't planning on eating at it too often in January, but hey, if it is that bad, I will find somewhere else to eat.

It's grab and go now. I think that is the primary issue. So it's sitting packaged up until people get it - as opposed to on a steam table before it's plated. Waffles, for example, get really mushy really quickly that way.

We stayed there onThanksgiving night 2012. It is a beautiful resort. We enjoyed a yummy meal at the QS. They had a special station open with traditional Thanksgiving foods. It was nice everyone could pick what they wanted. I remember the CMs were extremely nice and helpful. The pool area looked great. It was too cool for us to swim, but it looked like a great place. I think you will enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter