• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado towers vs AKL or WL

catnik

DIS Veteran
Looking for reservations for an unexpected trip in November. Ok staying whichever has the better price. Recommendations? Thanks

Never stayed at Coronado but between WL and AKL we prefer WL. The theming is amazing and WCC is one of our favorite breakfasts.
I have heard other meals are good there as well. Plus you are close to MK and can take a boat there and also to FW and CR or used to be able to prior to COVID so have more food choices. And you get the electrical water pageant at night.

Love Coronado. Have stayed twice, once during tower construction and just last April. Staying there again in Nov and Dec this year. Great food options, relaxing grounds, great pool and large hot tub, decent price. We are doing club access this December for a 3 night, 1 park relaxing time.

I have stayed at WL and adore it, AKL is on my list.

We are currently debating the Coronado Tower and AKL for early Nov. We stayed at Coronado prior to the tower being built. We had preferred but still a bit of walking. We really like the look of Destino, the tower rooms and the restaurants however what likey will sway us is the extra hours for Deluxe if the prices are pretty close.

Depending on when in Nov you are planning and park plans, WL might be the best deluxe. You get the boat to MK and they usually have great Xmas decorations.

AKL is one of our favorite resort but does get knocked here for its location. We drive to the parks so has not been an issue for us. We have had great meals in the past at Boma and loved the lobby and all the viewing spots.

Depending on when in November, if you stay at WL, you could luck out and see one of the BEST Christmas trees in all of Disney World!

WL is my new favorite. AKL is amazing but I love the convenience of the boat to MK. I've never stayed at CSR.

If you've not been to the Destino Tower before, I recommend. You can always resort hop for other Christmas Decor. Stayed in a Club Level Deluxe Suite on an AP discount back in Nov 2019, very very nice. Clube level doesn't reopen at the tower until Dec 16th this year i believe, but the rooms are still bookable without the club benefit, sans 4th quarter deals at the moment, i think it was silly like $800/ni. I'm currently booked preferred studio same resort, not tower, until the offers come out. Then we shall see. The new restaurant on the lake is nice - transportation lack luster due to size of resort, but if you use your own vehicle, non issue. AK is a skip if you've done it already. Haven't been to WL, still on my list.

Have stayed at all three multiple times now.

First choice is always WL for serenity and location as well as amenities. Next would be Gran Destino, great dining options and deluxe rooms at moderate prices. Lastly, AKL… been there twice and just not a fan of the transportation options, or lack there of. Also, just a sprawling resort that can take forever just to walk to the main lobby. We have decided Animal Kingdom and an ADR at Sanaa is enough for our animal fix…

I stayed at Coronado Springs in 2012 and 2019. Was planning to be there again in March 2021 but the world craziness put a temporary stop to that.:sad1:
I love Coronado Springs, the ambience, Panchitos, El Mercado, the service, the cast members, the whole thing! In 2019, it was my first time there with a gluten allergy, so I was wondering how it was going to be, but I need not have wondered - The chefs were amazing, they came and spoke to me personally and prepared and delivered my food to me. They were so nice and accommodating, and did not make me feel like I was an imposition, so wonderful.
Obviously, my resort of choice is Coronado Springs!:)
P.S. See another post I did on Coronado Spring Resort Pillows-Updated, sorry don't know how to make it clicky.

At this point you're likely to get the best price at Coronado. I'd normally advocate for renting DVC points for WL CCV but November is long gone at this point. In July we stayed at Destino and one night at CCV. WL is one of our favorite resorts but Destino was nice for a change and I'm glad we gave it a try. We want to do AKL one day but it's a harder sell for us since it's the only deluxe that's all bus transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter