• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco second driver question

HappyHappy

Mouseketeer
If you rent through Costco, can the designated second driver (my BIL) pick up the car at MCO when they arrive if I give him my credit card? We will already be on property. I thought about renting through the car care center but didn’t know about their inventory. Other suggestions welcome.

From the Costco Travel FAQ:
The additional driver must meet all renter requirements, appear at the rental counter with the primary renter, present a valid driver's license and present a major credit card in their name at the time of rental (they do not need a valid membership card).
Costco Rental Care FAQ

Thank you. I have no excuse for not thinking to look for this info on the Costco site. Much appreciated.

Happy to help, was a good reminder for me as we'll be getting a car for our trip and since my wife won't be at the counter with me she won't be able to drive, so I learned something too.

Happy to help, was a good reminder for me as we'll be getting a car for our trip and since my wife won't be at the counter with me she won't be able to drive, so I learned something too.

If you end up with Alamo and have the go straight to your car option, we just hand the two drivers licenses to the gate attendant. I guess the only problem would be if your wife was riding ME or something.

You should be fine with the inventory at the CCC they have plenty of cars there. The only thing is you don't get to pick your car at CCC they
assign one to you

If you end up with Alamo and have the go straight to your car option, we just hand the two drivers licenses to the gate attendant. I guess the only problem would be if your wife was riding ME or something.
Yeah she will be following me a few days later, I have a conference in Tampa. I will either pick up the car there or in Orlando.

Yeah she will be following me a few days later, I have a conference in Tampa. I will either pick up the car there or in Orlando.

I rent a lot of cars through Costco in Florida -
Alamo - the additional driver must be present and show a driver's license. You can do this at any point during the rental at an Alamo counter (we do it all the time) and they can drive the vehicle from that point forward.
Avis in Florida includes a spouse as an additional driver for all rentals in Florida. They do not have to be present and they will not ask for the driver's license - experienced and had discussions about this at the Avis counters in MCO and PBI in the past year.

Thanks so much for posting this. We always thought the second driver had to be a spouse and this trip our BIL is going as well. Great to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter