Count Down With me for August!

monymony3471

DIS Veteran
Hi, YES we are heading back to Disney and staying at Pop Century.

Can't wait!

Let's share our obsession! You all can help me with the wait, and my planning, and maybe I can help you, (this is our 6th family vacation since 2003)

I have 4 kids, we booked two rooms, got in on free dining, and we are driving down, from Michigan.

Our dates are Aug 22-28.

Anyone else going to be there at the same time?

We like to decorate our room windows and stay on the 4th floor looking at hourglass lake.

I just read that they are finally going to do something with the other half across the lake. Make 1200 or so family suites and theme it the animation of disney. Should be cool! Set to be complete in 2012. If the suites were affordable, we would stay in one, but its cheaper to just get 2 standards.

Looking forward to meeting you.

We are driving from NJ! Leaving on August 21st and will spend 3 days in Ocala visiting Grandparents, then heading to All Star Movies on the 25th and will be ther until the 30th!!!! Taking my 5 year old, Ariel obsessed child, for the first time - SO excited I can't wait!!!!!!

Yea!!!! for you and your Ariel obsessed child! First trips are theee BEST!!

Some friends of mine just returned from their first trip, I loved sharing all of my tips with them. Helped us to decide to book one of our own!

We have the countdown chain going and my daughter who loves Anastasia got a letter from her a few days ago.

So, the magic is in the air!

Thanks for joining in on my fun:)

Wow, we are staying Aug-21-28, almost the same dates, but at an offsite, we are actually leaving on Aug 20, by train.:cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

Planning on being there August 14-20th, staying at Pop Century!!!!!:yay:

We love Pop Century! Kids can't wait to do the hula hoops in the lobby!

Wow, we are staying Aug-21-28, almost the same dates, but at an offsite, we are actually leaving on Aug 20, by train.:cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

Cool! I will have the tye dye mickey heads on my clear see through back packs in the parks!

The train sounds like fun!

we are there Aug 17 to the 25, have been obsessing since I added the free dinning.....
Im in!popcorn::

:welcome: Leucky! Hi, me too. We went quick service, but my daughter has to see Anastasia, so I did get to book one sit down at 1900 for dinner. It's her birthday week.

Our ressie is for 8/22. Really wanted her actual b-day on the 27, but there's nothing available that day. Oh, well. We still get to go, so I'm happy.

Yea, more people to plan and countdown with!

We are going Aug. 28- Sept. 4. Surprise trip for DS(his birthday gift). Staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Us too :banana::banana: Aug. 21-27 at POR. We are driving down from NJ (1st time driving). Thinking of leaving on the 19th and stopping to visit family on the way, but CAN'T wait to check in on the 21st. We haven't told the kids yet, we will be doing that when school ends!

We are staying at POP again:banana::banana::banana: Aug 31-Sept 9!! This will be our 4th trip to Disney with the kids(our third at POP)!! We like to stay at the Tramp building facing the lake!! What a beautiful view to wake up to! I can't wait.

Count me in!!!!!

We are flying out August 17 and will be there the 17-24!!!!!

Staying at All Star Sports - our first value stay - but so totally excited!!! Can't wait to board the magical express!!!!!

This is our first year getting free Quick Service Dining and we are kind of excited to say the least:cool1::cool1:

I love this board - I have learned so much over the last few years!!! Like....fast pass usage, quick service dining dates, refillable mugs, etc., etc.!!!

Before coming here I knew about none of that!!!

Hey Dawn, we are leaving the same day! Many I hope June goes by as fast as May.
Mony Mony, Thanks for the Welcome.

I have been trying to get the Fantasmic dinner pkg for 2 weeks. I thought I booked online, but it turns out you can only book the package over the phone. The CM's actually told me to call three times a day.

Did any of you ever book this?

Us too :banana::banana: Aug. 21-27 at POR. We are driving down from NJ (1st time driving). Thinking of leaving on the 19th and stopping to visit family on the way, but CAN'T wait to check in on the 21st. We haven't told the kids yet, we will be doing that when school ends!

We are leaving from NJ (first time driving too!) on the 21st! We are driving to Ocala, FL first to visit grandparents, will arrive at All Star Movies on the 25th!

This will be our second family trip to Disney. I also have four kids. We are driving down from NJ. We will be stoping in GA for one night and then heading to Disney first thing in the morning. We are staying at the CBR from August 19-27! This will be our first time with free dinning :banana:
Have a magical trip everyone! :)

We are going Aug. 28- Sept. 4. Surprise trip for DS(his birthday gift). Staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Oh surprise trips are fun! My mission TR's are all about those! Check out the links if you like in my siggie.

We have driven before when the 5 year old was 10 months. It's been awhile. Still trying to figure out all the details there. Hoping to leave very early saturday morning (3am ish) for a sunday check in. No major stops, just driving.

We are staying at POP again:banana::banana::banana: Aug 31-Sept 9!! This will be our 4th trip to Disney with the kids(our third at POP)!! We like to stay at the Tramp building facing the lake!! What a beautiful view to wake up to! I can't wait.

I like the lake view too. Imagine when they get that other side done and the view will be even better.

Hey Dawn, we are leaving the same day! Many I hope June goes by as fast as May.
Mony Mony, Thanks for the Welcome.

I have been trying to get the Fantasmic dinner pkg for 2 weeks. I thought I booked online, but it turns out you can only book the package over the phone. The CM's actually told me to call three times a day.

Did any of you ever book this?
No experience there for me. There is a thread for people to post their cancelled dining ressies. I'm watching it to see if someone cancels 1900 Park Fare of Aug 27 family of 6, long shot, I know, but luck does happen for some. Here's the link: August cancellation dining thread

This will be our second family trip to Disney. I also have four kids. We are driving down from NJ. We will be stoping in GA for one night and then heading to Disney first thing in the morning. We are staying at the CBR from August 19-27! This will be our first time with free dinning :banana:
Have a magical trip everyone! :)

Thanks you too! What are your kids ages?

We will be staying at CBR from August 22-27 for free dining. Can't wait!:woohoo:
Sounds like a fun resort, thanks for stopping in.

Thanks you too! What are your kids ages?

Jake is 16, Lacey is 14, Tessa is 10 and Luke will be 8 on Sunday!

How about you? How old are your kids?

We're doing a split stay this year - 8/28-8/31 at POR with free dining and then 8/31-9/4 at the Polynesian with the 40% off pin :cool1:

So excited as we've never done a monorail resort before!

We're driving as well, from Pittsburgh. We've driven twice before and I actually love it. We can pack so much more and it's just really convenient to have a car onsite. The trip is about 15 hours, so it's really not that bad - gives us a chance to play some "road trip" games with the kids :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter