Count Down With me for August!

Thanks you too! What are your kids ages?

Jake is 16, Lacey is 14, Tessa is 10 and Luke will be 8 on Sunday!

How about you? How old are your kids?

13 and the rest will turn 12, 3, and 6 respectively in august, .

Never stayed at CBR, looks like a blast for the kids though.

We're doing a split stay this year - 8/28-8/31 at POR with free dining and then 8/31-9/4 at the Polynesian with the 40% off pin :cool1:

So excited as we've never done a monorail resort before!

We're driving as well, from Pittsburgh. We've driven twice before and I actually love it. We can pack so much more and it's just really convenient to have a car onsite. The trip is about 15 hours, so it's really not that bad - gives us a chance to play some "road trip" games with the kids :thumbsup2

I've never stayed at the poly but love walking around there. We've done the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, Kona Cafe, and Spirit of Aloha there. Love the tonga toast for breakfast! The boys always ask if they can sit up front with the driver on the monorail.

We're in! We arrive on Aug 20, staying til the 30th. My oldest son, who is in the military and my parents arrive on the 26th and stay with us til the 30th as well. I'm so excited to have them coming along!!!!! :cool1:

First time staying at the Grand, got the 40% off code and decided to RPC TPV, and I am surprising my parents and oldest with an upgrade to Sugarloaf Club. :goodvibes

Look for my lime green mickey head, always have it on my fanny pack and one on my DH's backpack...and DON'T BE SHY, say hello! My kids always point out LGMH's if they see them....they think it's cool to meet people from the DIS!!! :thumbsup2

Look for my lime green mickey head, always have it on my fanny pack and one on my DH's backpack...and DON'T BE SHY, say hello! My kids always point out LGMH's if they see them....they think it's cool to meet people from the DIS!!! :thumbsup2

We'll definitely say hi if we see you!! I've actually never seen anyone else with a LGMH - we had ours last year, but no "encounters"! Have a great trip!!

I've never stayed at the poly but love walking around there. We've done the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, Kona Cafe, and Spirit of Aloha there. Love the tonga toast for breakfast! The boys always ask if they can sit up front with the driver on the monorail.

We did O'Hana there a few years ago, but other than that have never stepped foot on the property! All the pictures are gorgeous, though, and I'm sure we'll love it (I'll have to try the tonga toast ;))

We're in! We arrive on Aug 20, staying til the 30th. My oldest son, who is in the military and my parents arrive on the 26th and stay with us til the 30th as well. I'm so excited to have them coming along!!!!! :cool1:

First time staying at the Grand, got the 40% off code and decided to RPC TPV, and I am surprising my parents and oldest with an upgrade to Sugarloaf Club. :goodvibes

My Mickey head is tye dyed to match our love for Pop. I put them on our see through back packs we carry in the parks, plus I'm sure there will be one on our stroller. I need to find a cheap stroller for the 3 year old and I know my 6 year old will just get so cranky at the end of our day that she will need something to get her through the day. I can't wait until I don't need a stroller. At least we are done with diapers!!!!!!

I also was going through some stuff and found my cards I made for the last trip with my useer name and I also gave CM's cards when I felt they did something really nice to enhance our trip.

There's some wear and tear on the mickey heads and dates need to be updated, so now I found something else to do to occupy my time......:laughing:

We arrive August 14th for 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge. THen it is on to our DCL cruise for 5 nights :cool1:.

30193_1429901860327_1016271906_1294.jpg

30193_1429901980330_1016271906_1294.jpg

GrumpyBelle :welcome: cruises look fantastic! but a budget breaker for a family of 6

Hi, YES we are heading back to Disney and staying at Pop Century.

Can't wait!

Let's share our obsession! You all can help me with the wait, and my planning, and maybe I can help you, (this is our 6th family vacation since 2003)

I have 4 kids, we booked two rooms, got in on free dining, and we are driving down, from Michigan.

Our dates are Aug 22-28.

Anyone else going to be there at the same time?

We like to decorate our room windows and stay on the 4th floor looking at hourglass lake.

I just read that they are finally going to do something with the other half across the lake. Make 1200 or so family suites and theme it the animation of disney. Should be cool! Set to be complete in 2012. If the suites were affordable, we would stay in one, but its cheaper to just get 2 standards.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Oh my gosh, we are also from Michigan (Go BLUE!) and planning on going to WDW in August and staying at POP! We will, however, arrive 5 days before you but also leaving on the 28th (Aug 17-28). That's so exciting.

Good luck on your drive to Florida!:)

Oh my gosh, we are also from Michigan (Go BLUE!) and planning on going to WDW in August and staying at POP! We will, however, arrive 5 days before you but also leaving on the 28th (Aug 17-28). That's so exciting.

Good luck on your drive to Florida!:)

I take it you are flying?

Look for our window while you are walking around the resort. I requested the 60's or 50's secton. 4th floor.

Sweet on being there for 12 days.:banana:

It's so rainy here today, I just keep on coming by to take a look.

We are at the AKL from August 22nd to Aug 28th and are driving from New England for the first time so this could be a very interesting trip!!

We'll be at YC Aug 7-13 and then HRH Aug 13-15. We live in Lumberton, NC so when all of you guys from "up north" drive down, just wave as you're going by on I-95. I'll be the depressed person you see as you go by since my vacation will have just ended the week before.

We'll be at YC Aug 7-13 and then HRH Aug 13-15. We live in Lumberton, NC so when all of you guys from "up north" drive down, just wave as you're going by on I-95. I'll be the depressed person you see as you go by since my vacation will have just ended the week before.

I'm sure you'll hear me yelling at my kids as we pass:rotfl:

Hey what is everyone doing to keep the kids busy on the ride down? Just looking for some new ideas.

Oh and love the idea about putting a mickey head in the back car window.

I found over the years less is more with my kids. I've tried having all kinds of games and toys for them to play and it just adds to the junk in the car. They watch moives, read, listen to music, write or draw and of course eat! They some how manage to keep themselves busy. This trip we will be driving for about 13 hours before we stop in GA for the night. That's the longest we have driving so we will see how it goes! :)

My boys are 13 and 12 and they can keep themselves busy, its my 5 and 3 year old girls that I will need to get things for. We do have the DVD player and satellite TV, but I was hoping that they would get chances to turn that off and take in some of the scenery.

I'm sure you'll hear me yelling at my kids as we pass:rotfl:

Hey what is everyone doing to keep the kids busy on the ride down? Just looking for some new ideas.

Oh and love the idea about putting a mickey head in the back car window.

Movies, Nintendo DS......these things usually work for us. We're only 8 1/2 hours away and we've found that the entire POC movie series covers the entire trip.

Movies, Nintendo DS......these things usually work for us. We're only 8 1/2 hours away and we've found that the entire POC movie series covers the entire trip.

Now that's something I can listen to while driving and it SHOULD keep me awake.....:rotfl:

My DH and I are sitting here trying to figure out the best day to leave and how far we can get driving before we need to stop.

Plus he discovered that he can use his Delta Miles for free hotels stays along the way! This was a no brainer for me to take off the Friday before so we have an extra day to travel.

I am not a good passenger. I get car sick even when I drive, sometimes, so I have to be the driver all the time.

This is great!

I picked up at the library Along Interstate 75, what a neat book this couple put together! I highly recommed it if you are drivng I-75.

My DH works in transportaion and he has a program that sets up so many cool features for driving.

This gets me excited for the trip that seems so far away.

I'm thinking a big green mickey head will be painted on our back car window.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter