Counterfeit blue cards? Wow.

I’m amazed people would forge these cards… the Epcot lounge (which I have been in) is not that special… the discount perks aren’t that spectacular….

Disney Files magazine is pure marketing. We are a high affinity group. They send it in order to drum up business for Disney's other product and services.

Creating DVC cards is different. MagicMobile, by design, was created to save Parks & Resorts money—just like making resort guests pay for MagicBands, Direct-to-Room check-in and key service, Mobile Checkout at shopping locations and mobile food ordering.

They're using "technology" to reduce operational costs. They have even bragged about this on the financial calls.

It won't surprise me if they stop issuing passholder cards next.
True, but the costs are ridiculously disparate. Eliminating hundreds of thousands of dollars in labor costs or complimentary Magic Bands versus a plastic card exactly like the millions that are sent out every day with sub-prime credit card offers. The plastic cards literally cost them several cents, one time only, for every $30,000 contract they sold. Plus, if you're talking an affinity product, what says "haves versus have not's" more than a super special membership card that costs them pennies? They could easily eliminate the pointless envelope the magazine comes in and save what they spent on the cards in one mailing and appreciate significant savings over and over...and still keep the print copy of the magazine intact, but they don't. Still not buying it. The cost savings just doesn't move the needle.

Last edited:
But you would need the ID to match. that is why they want to see the actual digital now..and yes, I realize some CMs are a little more lax than others…

I do have a feeling that the no screen shots rule will be enforced, it will be automatically applied when scanned and All that will be asked for Is ID.

There will always be ways for cheat and nothing is ever full proof.
I was there in May and will admit to doing exactly this. My mom is a member and screenshot her digital card for herself because it was easier than pulling it up in the app. She also sent it to me and I got the discount all of the time. Only once did someone ask for an ID and I just said I didn’t have my wallet because everything is on my phone (room key, park ticket, credit cards) but to not worry about the discount because I knew she was just doing her job to ask. She gave me the discount anyway.

I guess I’m the minority but I really really like the digital card. I only ever take my phone when I go out nowadays so great to have everything on it

I booked a Fort Wilderness carriage ride for my family this morning and it automatically applied the DVC discount. First time doing that but I don't recall the website ever doing that for any Enchanting Extras. It was insanely easy. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get automatic discounts in person someday.

*Edit to add: it would be a great way to encourage DVC members to buy magic bands. If you used it to purchase, the discount is automatic.

I guess I’m the minority but I really really like the digital card. I only ever take my phone when I go out nowadays so great to have everything on it
I don't get the whole downside either. I'm already pulling my phone out to take pictures, send or receive texts, search for dining and merch on MDE anyway. For me, pulling out my wallet, then fishing out the Blue Card (which, surprisingly didn't occupy a front and center spot and lived behind my AAA and insurance cards) from deep inside was more of a pain. Especially when paying with a MB and not needing anything else from in the wallet anyway. Plus, I'd much rather leave my phone behind or drop it over leaving my wallet or dropping something out of it any day of the week. Heck, I've even left my wallet in my backpack in a locker and just navigated with a MB and my phone on several occasions (saving any purchases that might require ID for when I come back for it).

I was there in May and will admit to doing exactly this. My mom is a member and screenshot her digital card for herself because it was easier than pulling it up in the app. She also sent it to me and I got the discount all of the time. Only once did someone ask for an ID and I just said I didn’t have my wallet because everything is on my phone (room key, park ticket, credit cards) but to not worry about the discount because I knew she was just doing her job to ask. She gave me the discount anyway.

Then you were lucky because I have been denied when no ID

CMs should be enforcing the rules in place to ensure people do not try to do what you did..try for a discount when you knew you were not entitled to it.

CMs should be enforcing the rules in place to ensure people do not try to do what you did..try for a discount when you knew you were not entitled to it.
Actually my mom was paying for the trip so I feel perfectly justified in saying everything that was charged back to her is entitled to the discount. I do think it illustrates the same point that it’s on the CM’s to enforce but not all of them (in my experience actually none of them) do.

And you don’t need to agree with me on using the discount, but I won’t lose sleep over it :)

Actually my mom was paying for the trip so I feel perfectly justified in saying everything that was charged back to her is entitled to the discount. I do think it illustrates the same point that it’s on the CM’s to enforce but not all of them (in my experience actually none of them) do.

And you don’t need to agree with me on using the discount, but I won’t lose sleep over it :)
😑

We've had a few experiences where the CM had to watch me click the "Details" section to pull up DVC-Y. I like to have it ready while in line, but this enforcement would catch screenshots. Guess I've run into the stricter side. They didn't ask for ID though.

Hi.
I have everything I need for the DVC discount on my phone:
DVC Y AP

Do they even look at the Blue Card any longer? If not, I will just not bring
and one less thing for my phone/wallet to carry.

Thank you.

Do they even look at the Blue Card any longer? If not, I will just not bring and one less thing for my phone/wallet to carry.
They are expired and not supposed to be accepted anymore.

They are expired and not supposed to be accepted anymore.
Thank you.
When we went in February, while this was all starting, I always showed by Blue card first as an experiment LOL and no one asked for my digital one.

Hi.
I have everything I need for the DVC discount on my phone:
DVC Y AP

Do they even look at the Blue Card any longer? If not, I will just not bring
and one less thing for my phone/wallet to carry.

Thank you.

You need to have something to show the actual DVC membership number which won’t show on the digital card in MM.

Id take a screen shot of what is on the DVC site as it has it all.

If I was a CM I would not bother enforcing this either. Why deal with potential hassle and blow-back from jerks trying to get over. They don't pay enough.

If I was a CM I would not bother enforcing this either. Why deal with potential hassle and blow-back from jerks trying to get over. They don't pay enough.

I saw a CM at RIV who was getting ready to accept a card back in the winter have his manager come over and tell the guests that they. needed to see the digital and ID. The couple did not know yet about the new system, and I explained It. The manager allowed them to use the expired card that time And once checked out, I heard her explain to him what needed to be done.

However, if it were me, I’d get a manager to handle it, Then if they want to give it, it’s on them.

Last edited:
It's much faster to have the Disney Visa for restaurant discounts- almost all of the restaurant checking saw the Visa and said the discount is the same so they did not bother checking for my DVC card. The exceptions were steakhouse 71 and Le Cellier who rang it up as DVC and checked my phone.

For Merch - self-checkout is the best way to get the 20% DVC with no hassle.

It's much faster to have the Disney Visa for restaurant discounts- almost all of the restaurant checking saw the Visa and said the discount is the same so they did not bother checking for my DVC card. The exceptions were steakhouse 71 and Le Cellier who rang it up as DVC and checked my phone.

For Merch - self-checkout is the best way to get the 20% DVC with no hassle.
We were at Le Cellier two weekends ago and asked if there were AP, DVC or Dis. Visa discounts. The waitress replied, "All three, I'll pick one!" Never asked for anything else:)

100% despise the whole phone thing. I am tethered to my phone constantly at work and it's the last thing that I want to have to do on vacay. I much prefer using the MB for everything.
Same. I hate being forced to be tied to a phone at all, and being forced to download apps is even worse, because phones come preloaded with so much crap there's little room for extrra apps (especially if you store any pics on it at all). Then there's the whole depleting battery life issue. So now I have to upgrade to the tune of $1000 or more every year or two just to have all the apps required to navigate life anymore. I'm really mad about it!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter