Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

The kidsuites are a separate room but there isn't a door on either of the areas. That is a great rate, I tried to talk them into a discount but they said no. Your kids will love it! They had and Nintendo 64 on the tv in the kids area and you can rent games at the front desk. If you have any N64 games maybe you could take them with you.

Have fun!

Disney Dreamer

Do you know if the $10 dollar tickets for the time share presentation include any disney parks?

Autumn

Are the regular suite rooms like a "traditional" Country Inn room where there is a door to separate the bedroom area from the living area?

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathy, The man I spoke directly with at the hotel said yes, it's a king size bed in a seperate area with a door, then the sofa in the living area pulls out into a queen sleeper. I have a 13 year old ds so this is perfect for the three of us. He even gets his own T.V. ;) !
Does anyone know of any restauraunts close by? I forgot to ask that...Thanks!

Emmy

fyi .....the kingsuites do for sure have a door, and this room and the living room are separated by the restroom. we did not pull out the queen sleeper sofa.....since we were using a pack n play for our one year old.

autumn.....the only tickets i saw related to the time share thing were for the universal theme parks.....when i was there in december.

emmy.... there are restaurants close by...but i can't remember what. i dont believe there were any within easy walking distance. maybe disney dreamer can help out with this one too.

deb

We have two standard suites reserved for May 8-13. How many tvs are in the two room suites. I'm assuming there is one in the living room area, but wondering if there is also one in the bedroom. (I sure hope there is).

Yes there are two T.V.'s according to Jason at CI&S. One in the living area and one in the bedroom. 55 days and counting!

Emmy

I called Country Inn and Suites to inquire about a reservation for my trip in May and the girl I spoke to offered me a rate of $99 for two nights and that included two passes to Universal Sutdios. It sounded like a great deal so I asked if there was a timeshare presentation involved. She said that there was so I told her that I wasn't interested in that and that I would just like to book the room. Now, keep in mind I don't know who I spoke to, but she told me that from now on they are booking rooms only to those who are willing to attend the timeshare presentation. She said that since they are a new property and going to be in the "timeshare business" they need to promote their property so they are offering the discounted packages to encourage membership. I thanked her for her time and told her again that I was really just looking for a hotel to spend five nights in she said that I could book the special package (timeshare presentation included) and then pay the standard rate of $130/night for the other three nights. I couldn't believe she said $130 after I had read about the great rates everyone was getting! I haven't called back yet to see if I get the same info from someone else but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? In the meantime, I have booked Comfort Suites Maingate but I may try calling Country Inn back later this week.

Hi. I also called Country Inn and Suites just to get some general information about the hotel and the setup of the suites. I inquired about the time share presentation. She said that whether or not you are expected to attend a time-share presentation depends on what agency you booked the room through. She said that if you book directly through them that no time share presentation is required. I asked her about ValuTrips, which is how I booked mine, and she said that she didn't think that a presentation was expected. I searched through the entire ValuTrips website and nowhere does it say anything about attending a time share presentation, so if I am confronted, I plan to decline. I figure that we're not going to be spending that much time in the hotel anyway. The woman I talked to was really nice. She also told me that the pools and mini golf course are fully constructed now and that the only construction going on now is in the interior of the time shares. She said plans are to finish all construction by March 1 (but she said that there were no guarantees). She also said that the Tiki pool bar should be open by mid-March. I also asked about TVs and VCRs. She said that in the suites, there are two TVs, one in the bedroom and another in the living area. There are no VCRs in the rooms but they can be requested at the front desk. (I didn't ask if there was a fee.) I'm looking forward to our trip in mid-March. I'll be sure to post a report.

I too booked through ValuTrips and no timeshare presentation was ever mentioned. Maybe this woman was right, it depends on who you book it through and the "deal" you agree on.

Charlie we will be there in March too, when are you going? I am looking forward to this place I hope it turns out O.K.

Emmy

I haven't read all four pages of this thread, but I am checking out this property for some friends I might be sending there. For those wondering about the proximity to the parks... it is very close. You are right near the All-Stars and Animal Kingdom.. As soon as we got on Osceola Parkway from the All-Stars to go home, there was Calypso Cay. It would take you two more minutes to get to any park, than it took me to get to them from the All Stars.

Have a ressie all set for a regular suite, but thinking that a kid suite might be better. Both my kids sleep in twins at home - would my 11 yr old 85 lb DD fit in a kid suite bunk? I'm sure they would think Nintendo in the room "heaven" - don't have it at home!

Also, is the mini fridge a cube size like Disney rentals, or an "under-counter" size like at Doubletree's?

Hi. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista last night, and, assuming they are uniform in their bed sizes, I can say with some certainty your child will fit in a bunk. My boys slept very comfortably in the bunk beds until early morning when my youngest found his way in our bed and I switched and took his top bunk. I slept just fine and I'm 5'10". We liked the place a lot but I don't care for those unit air conditioners that shut off and clank on all night. It did disturb my sleep.

Can anyone tell me how the kid suite is setup? Is there a main room with fridge and micro with a king bed and then off of that room is a kids bed room?????

Kay1- You were there! How is it setup? Thanks!!

Singitalto, our suite was built in one long room. The entrance area had stand that held the fridge which is about two or more times the size of the tiny Disney ones, a small microwave, and on top a coffee maker and ice bucket. The bathroom is just off that. Next was a second sink followed by an area for hanging clothes. Then was the kids' room which was the two bunks and a long counter with the television/vcr and game station. The counter also held a few drawers and there were two kid-sized chairs. Ours was decorated as a swamp and was pretty cute. That is separated by partition from the largest part of the room which held a king-sized bed, chest of drawers with a second television, an easy chair, and a table with two chairs. We usually stay at Amerisuites which I slightly prefer because I like the couch and kitchenette area, but I think they have suites designed that way as well. If you wanted to use the fridge and microwave to prepare meals it would be tricky because there is no preparation area except the top of that stand.

I'm sure we'll stay there again as the boys loved it. They also had free cookies and free games and tapes for the kids.

Looking forward to more positive reports about this resort before our trip in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter