Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

Hi:

Glad you had such a nice time.

Is there some sort of central pool area that amerisuites and country inn and suites uses, if so how was it, was there a slide?

Did you drive to seaworld from that location, if so how long a drive?

Deb.

Country Inn and Suites has its own kidney shaped traditional pool located directly behind it. The Amerisuites has its own pool as well, which is a rectangular shaped traditional pool. A shared pool is located between the two hotels, which is really close to Country Inn's traditional pool. It is shaped like a clover leaf. One entry is zero depth entry (gradual like a beach). The other two entries have steps down to a 3 foot entry. There is a water slide in the middle which is really fun. It's not huge, but it does have a few twists and turns. The pool is nice and warm and very clean. There is a tiki bar located in the area, but it wasn't open when we were there. There is also a hot tub and a sand playground area located in the shared pool area. We did travel to Sea World when we were there. It is very easy to get to. You simply take 535 North (the road the hotel is located on) to I-4 East. Sea World is exit 27A. It took us about 10 minutes to get there. Have fun. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Did anybody use the transportation to WDW? And if so, how was it? We have one night booked at the Country Inn and the rest of our stay is booked at ASSports. IF the transportation is decent we may move whole stay to here. It sounds much nicer than All Stars. We will have a car but don't always like to drive.

Mary

Hi. We didn't use the hotel transportation because we rented our own car. I must say that transportation to the parks was sooo easy. The signage in that area is great. From Country Inn and Suites, you simply take 535 North ( the road outside the hotel). You can only exit to the right out of the hotel, so you'll have to head up the road a bit and make a u-turn. Once you're heading north, you simply take a left on 536 and follow the signs to whatever park you want to go to. Each of the park's parking lots has shuttles to pick you up where you parked and deliver you to the entrance as well as take you back to your vehicle. good luck.

I am also interested in the transportation, we will have a rental car but are going with another couple and there may be times when we want to split up.
Also mini golf was mentioned, is this completed and can anyone from the 3 properties use it and it there a charge for it.
We had been thinking about the grovesnor or the hampton inn LBV untill I read this thread, this hotel almost sounds too good to be true and the price wow. We are planning on September 20-26. Any updated information will be appreciated.

Hi. The mini golf course is completed and open. Anyone at either hotel can use it. However, we did not use it, so I do not know what the fee is. It is located right next to the shared pool area. Just so you know, a continental breakfast is available every morning. It is your typical breakfast--juice, coffee, cereal/milk, fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls, muffins, bagels, biscuits and gravy, toast, boiled eggs, waffles and french toast (the to-be-toasted variety), and many varieties of jelly, peanut butter, syrup, etc. There are no restaurants in the complex nor are there any within walking distance. About a half mile up the road there is a Burger King and a Taco Bell.

I tried to get on Calypso Bay's website and see what there was in the way of room set-up and their website is down. I called the number on the site and the reservationist said that for six people I would need a condo. Since they are doing maintenance on site I can't see any pictures right now and I was wondering what does she mean by condo? Are there condos there in addition to the other hotels? Has anyone stayed there and do you know what the set-up is at the condos and where are they located? Do they have their own pool or is it just the shared pool? With the hotels, condos ect. won't the shared pool area be crowded? She said the condos also included the breakfast but didn't say where it was located.

We are sure looking forward to seeing this place, all the pictures of it look beautiful! I get turned around pretty easy in Kissimmee, does anyone know about how far to the Marketplace this is and which direction? Are the directions the same as the poster said about doing the right turn, go around the turn around, get on 526 and drive? If I know for sure which roads to take I can look at a map, LOL:D

Condos are called Runaway Bay Luxury Apartments and they have one, two and three bedroom units I think. From what I can understand they are also brand new and very pretty but I haven't found pictures yet. If anybody finds interior pics please post the link! :) We also would love to know where the breakfast is located.

I looked aat the map in my Rita Aeros guide to Disney and this hotel is in a spot that makes it easy to get to the parks and the market place with a minimum of twists and turns. Also if you take the greenway from the airport it looks to be less than a 5 min drive from where you exit the greenway, easy to get to. I think we will book this hotel and plan on having a great time and a fantastic price.

Charlie,
So glad you had a great time...can you tell me a bit about the suite, we have the same one booked. Also, how long was driving time to the parks? How was housekeeping, did the hotel have a "Disney" feel to it at all? Sorry so many questions :). Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Emmy:D

Emmy-King suite was great. When you first walk into the room, you enter the living area. There is an armoire unit to the right which holds a good size TV and a game controller of some kind. There are three drawers below the TV. Also to the right is a large sofa with a pullout queen sleeper, a side table, and a nice wingback chair. To the left is a small table with two chairs. Our two young daughters slept on the pullout couch and really enjoyed having their own space and TV. As you move straight ahead, to the right is a recessed shelf area with a small refrigerator and a microwave. There are also a few drawers and cupboards. To the right is the bathroom--average size with a tub/shower, hair dryer, coffee maker, and toiletries. Straight ahead is the King room. There is a door that closes it off from the living area. To the left of the door is a very small closet area for hanging clothes. There is also an ironing board and iron. The bed is very nice and was very comfy. There is a large TV in this room as well and a desk. Cable TV includes HBO, the Disney channel, Nickelodeon, and The Cartoon Network, so our girls were happy. There are phones in both the living area and king room. Local calls were free. Housekeeping was great. We left the room early in the morning, and when we came back around 2 p.m. each day for our park break, the room was clean. The parks are very easy to get to. I would say it took about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the parks. Traffic was never a problem. Although the hotel is very nice, there is no Disney feel to it whatsoever. But, that was fine for us because after spending all day in the Disney parks, all we cared about was relaxing beside a nice pool. If you have any more questions, just ask.

I've been trying to look at the pictures and info on the calypso cay website but I keep getting a pop-up box that asks for a network user name and password. The home page will open for me but I can't look at much else. Does anyone know how I can get around this so I can see the rest of the site? TIA:)

I have been having the same problem with this site, I too would like to know how to get beyond the password so I can see this property. I am going to make a reservation anyway, based on all the good reviews I have read on this thread.

i have booked the clarion universal for aug 22nd for myself dh and my12yr old and his 13yr old friend do you think the kid suite here would be a better idea than 1 roon at the clarion as the thing that swayed me towards the clarion was the nintendo and tennis courts any replys appreciated
thanks margaret.

I'm pretty sure they told me this resort has an indoor basketball court and a movie place as well as free transportation to all the major parks. For me the big thing is the whole property is new! The people who work there seem totally proud of it from the posts here and that attitude lends a lot to the general air of a resort. I know nothing whatsoever about the other place you mentioned. Good luck with your decision. Call the toll free number here and ask what all they have for the boys???:sunny: :sunny:

thanks for your reply i checked out their web site and it looks really nice so i think i will give it a try
thanks again.:wave:

Anyone have a web address that they can get into? For some reason it's not accessible anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter