Covid loss of taste and smell

I am weirdly lucky in that the 20% or so of sense of smell I am missing is largely the bad stuff. I don't smell poop really, nor cigarette smoke, urine, nor my dog's bad breath. Like, nothing much is there for any of those four things.

Wow! This is almost me exactly. Had Covid in Jan 2021. Have just recently been able to smell & taste better. But I rarely smell bad things. For a while a lot of things tasted like garlic to me and I could smell ”smoke” randomly when nothing was burning. Now that has pretty much gone away.

I caught Covid-19 in August last year. It put me down for 3 weeks. I lost all taste and smell as well as 23 lbs. (which I gained back). I got my smell back within a month. My taste came back shortly after but to this day, if I eat something sweet I get a metallic taste in my mouth. Taste like pennies. My Dr. told me it has no end date, meaning it could be here for good or just go away at any time.

I was sick for a couple of weeks and lost me sense of taste (not COVID related.) I commented on it at dinner last week. Our waiter lost his with COVID but it returned after around 10 days.

@Jimmy Mouse Not too many people mention the large weight loss, so I perked up when you said this. I had Delta in October and I lost 14 pounds in 7 days. I was pretty sick with the whole breakthrough thing, and my primary was horrified at that weight loss (even though I have a ton of extra pound "friends" to take their place). She said that I needed to keep eating protein to fight the virus (I got pneumonia from it).

Once I was well again, I have worked pretty hard to maintain that loss but I haven't been able to lose any more yet. Maybe that was a shock to my system? I still could taste but didn't have too much of an appetite, but I still was eating. So 14 in a week was a shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter