Creating a Senior Send-Off Book for Mom/Daughter trip to Florida

Krisscot

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!
I apologize in advance for the semi-long post/request. I am taking my youngest daughter to WDW and Universal for our final big family(mom/daughter) trip before she goes off to college. We haven't been to WDW for probably 12 years (last time when she was 5 years old). We used to be a family that would try to go every few years, but my ex-husband left 5 years ago and my oldest daughter, in her anger, doesn't like to participate in anything family anymore. So it has been just my youngest daughter and I for the last several years. We moved from Arizona, a year ago, so I could take a teaching job in Texas. Moving at the end of her high school years has been really hard for her. So I decided to take her to Florida as a final hoorah and send off as a senior in high school and graduation, hopefully creating wonderful memories for her to take to college. I have saved and we are going to go all out for a great fall break trip.

*I would like to put together a kind of itinerary/memory/scrapbook for her to keep as a memento of our trip. Something that would have what(when) we are doing, some spaces for writing memories, space for autographs (even big kids like autographs), and places she can glue in pictures.. If anyone could help me create anything/a portion of something that I could put together for her, I would be IMMENSLY grateful! Anything and everything would be most appreciated. Here are the plans for the trip.

Isobel (IMAC)-daughter and Kristen (KMAC)-mom
Trip dates Oct 7-Oct18
Oct 7-Day 1: Flight from TX to FL
Staying at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs
Oct 8-Day 2: Islands of Adventure
Oct 9-Day 3: Halloween Horror Nights
Stay the night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Oct 10-Day 4: Volcano Bay
Oct 11-Day 5: Universal Studios
Oct 12-Day 6: Animal Kingdom
4:00 pm Yak and Yeti
Oct 13-Day 7: Epcot
Oct 14-Day 8: Hollywood Studios
9:30am Oga's Cantina
2:00pm Sci-Fi Diner
Oct 15-Day 9: Magic Kingdom
8:15pm The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
Oct 16-Day 10: Epcot
8:15pm Teppan Edo
Oct 17-Day 11: Magic Kingdom
8:55pm Be Our Guest
Oct 18-Day 12: Flight from FL to TX

Again, any help or ideas anyone has would be most appreciated! Thanks!- Kristen

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!
I apologize in advance for the semi-long post/request. I am taking my youngest daughter to WDW and Universal for our final big family(mom/daughter) trip before she goes off to college. We haven't been to WDW for probably 12 years (last time when she was 5 years old). We used to be a family that would try to go every few years, but my ex-husband left 5 years ago and my oldest daughter, in her anger, doesn't like to participate in anything family anymore. So it has been just my youngest daughter and I for the last several years. We moved from Arizona, a year ago, so I could take a teaching job in Texas. Moving at the end of her high school years has been really hard for her. So I decided to take her to Florida as a final hoorah and send off as a senior in high school and graduation, hopefully creating wonderful memories for her to take to college. I have saved and we are going to go all out for a great fall break trip.

*I would like to put together a kind of itinerary/memory/scrapbook for her to keep as a memento of our trip. Something that would have what(when) we are doing, some spaces for writing memories, space for autographs (even big kids like autographs), and places she can glue in pictures.. If anyone could help me create anything/a portion of something that I could put together for her, I would be IMMENSLY grateful! Anything and everything would be most appreciated. Here are the plans for the trip.

Isobel (IMAC)-daughter and Kristen (KMAC)-mom
Trip dates Oct 7-Oct18
Oct 7-Day 1: Flight from TX to FL
Staying at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs
Oct 8-Day 2: Islands of Adventure
Oct 9-Day 3: Halloween Horror Nights
Stay the night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Oct 10-Day 4: Volcano Bay
Oct 11-Day 5: Universal Studios
Oct 12-Day 6: Animal Kingdom
4:00 pm Yak and Yeti
Oct 13-Day 7: Epcot
Oct 14-Day 8: Hollywood Studios
9:30am Oga's Cantina
2:00pm Sci-Fi Diner
Oct 15-Day 9: Magic Kingdom
8:15pm The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
Oct 16-Day 10: Epcot
8:15pm Teppan Edo
Oct 17-Day 11: Magic Kingdom
8:55pm Be Our Guest
Oct 18-Day 12: Flight from FL to TX

Again, any help or ideas anyone has would be most appreciated! Thanks!- Kristen

file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/0r44vvmfowiv7wk/layout_1.jpg/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0r44vvmfowiv7wk/layout+1.jpg/file
I made this from my Teppan-yaki Kit

Here's an example of a page that I made for a book for my daughter. I wait until after our trip, then create the layout using my favorite pictures, write up what we did throughout the trip, special moments, etc.

My daughter was never big on autographs, but if that's something to add, you can have her get those on smaller pieces of paper and add them to the book.

I will say the books I've made have been time intensive, but the results have been worth it.

Attachments

• f1383871704.jpg
    f1383871704.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3

Here's an example of a page that I made for a book for my daughter. I wait until after our trip, then create the layout using my favorite pictures, write up what we did throughout the trip, special moments, etc.

My daughter was never big on autographs, but if that's something to add, you can have her get those on smaller pieces of paper and add them to the book.

I will say the books I've made have been time intensive, but the results have been worth it.
That is very cool! I am planning on doing a before and after book. The before will be like a itinerary of what is on the trip, that I can giver her before we leave. Then I will edit all the pics and memories in after. :lovestruc

That is very cool! I am planning on doing a before and after book. The before will be like a itinerary of what is on the trip, that I can giver her before we leave. Then I will edit all the pics and memories in after. :lovestruc

I'm sure she will love the final result! I've yet to put together our photo book from our trip to Iceland and that was back in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter